The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork > Detailing

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
CC69Rat

Re: Eastwood buffing kit for billet wheels??

Here's that kit .. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25ec...&storeId=10051

The wheel you see in the picture is a new wheel, .. but my best friend's little boy threw a 4 way lug wrench in the box -- right on top of the wheel -- as I was showing it to him. Yeah, .. never mounted on a tire, these are the wheels Eric had for sale. I opened the box, pulled back the plastic and cardboard and BLAM! Man, it danced all over this wheel. I counted 14 different places where it damaged the billet. I was SICK.

This wheel has been sanded with 800 grit paper and worked all the spots out, gradually getting finer and finer with the paper. I'm tellin ya man .. I was sick. It looked like a Calico cat for a while. Deep, dull spots all over it. I have about 30hrs in this one wheel but I am 100% convinced the Mothers Billet polish and this polishing wheel kit saved it. I know you do this stuff every day and you know what you're doing .. just saying. If you haven't .. I thought I'd mention it. Hope it helps you or someone else.

The Billet polish is hard to find because they are discontinuing it. Summit still sells it and PepBoys (if you have them in Cali) had about 2-3 cans of it the last time I was there.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote