The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
chasinhiway

barn find 67 c-10

First of all let me say I'm new to this forum. I've been a member awhile, but have never posted anything. So the other day I was over at my in-laws house being the good son-in-law i am I told my mother-in-law that I could get that old truck out of her barn and get it running for her. Her dad bought the truck new in 1967 and it served the family farm and sunday church duty. It has been kept in a barn or shed its entire life. It has a 250 6 cylinder with three on the tree. So my plans were to simply build the little 6 cylinder and get it going again so she could drive it. But after some heart felt talks we decided some changes would be good so she could enjoy driving it. So I planned on rebuilding the 6 and installing an auto trans. So I rounded up an automatic column and 700r4 trans. Thats when I got "the phone call". My momma-in-law called and said "If I was going to be out rounding up parts it should be for my truck" I told her that I enjoyed it and do this all the time. She said "No, I want you to have the truck and fix it how you want it". I told her I would accept only if she PROMISED to drive it. She said of course so here we go.
Attached Images

chasinhiway is offline   Reply With Quote