The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
1972BackInBlackC10

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

i ordered door panels, dash pad cover, carpet, and insulation from lmc for my 1980 gmc, the dash cover was off abut half an inch in several places and didnt come with enough adhesive to install so i had to buy more and spend several hrs removing the old stuff before i could install it only to find it didnt fit properly, door panels were a little better but split in two spots a lilttle bit, insulation i had to cut into 10 pieces to get it to fit properly and still wasnt satisfied with the outcome, the carpet was the only good thing, i will never buy from them again
1972BackInBlackC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
travz500

Angry Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

JointTech Got to say man I am 31 been messing with motors and older trucks since I was 15 years old and I would rather talk to someone and pay more and support a customer service based company where they care if you come back and buy parts and why wouldnt you want to talk to (Gramps as you put it) he probably knows more than you ever dreamed about but since he dont have a nice website he must not be a good company to do business with I got to say that has to be the (DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD) this is what is wrong with our country people that dont want to support mom and pop stores and would rather support the big walmart style companies you call them cheaper is not better like I said I am 31 maybe I am old fashioned but I like doing business with mom and pop I also farm so I like customer service and making friendships so you Pal need to calm down and look at life a little different in my opinion and I am sure I am not alone on this thats all thanks
travz500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
468BIGBLOCK
MEMBER OF THE JUNK MAN CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by travz500 View Post
JointTech Got to say man I am 31 been messing with motors and older trucks since I was 15 years old and I would rather talk to someone and pay more and support a customer service based company where they care if you come back and buy parts and why wouldnt you want to talk to (Gramps as you put it) he probably knows more than you ever dreamed about but since he dont have a nice website he must not be a good company to do business with I got to say that has to be the (DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD) this is what is wrong with our country people that dont want to support mom and pop stores and would rather support the big walmart style companies you call them cheaper is not better like I said I am 31 maybe I am old fashioned but I like doing business with mom and pop I also farm so I like customer service and making friendships so you Pal need to calm down and look at life a little different in my opinion and I am sure I am not alone on this thats all thanks
WELL said!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
JointTech- Do us all a favor and order your parts from LMC. Then please report back with an "honest" opinion on the product and experience. I can save you some grief if you want, or you can learn from burn. You call it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972BackInBlackC10 View Post
i ordered door panels, dash pad cover, carpet, and insulation from lmc for my 1980 gmc, the dash cover was off abut half an inch in several places and didnt come with enough adhesive to install so i had to buy more and spend several hrs removing the old stuff before i could install it only to find it didnt fit properly, door panels were a little better but split in two spots a lilttle bit, insulation i had to cut into 10 pieces to get it to fit properly and still wasnt satisfied with the outcome, the carpet was the only good thing, i will never buy from them again
I rest my case your honor....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote