The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #76
Zane'sMom

Re: Zane's Ride

Just posted new photos in the Zane's Ride Build album, including the one showing the build sheet under the springs. I will be picking up the seat this week and will get that sheet out!! SO excited to get a good look at it!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #77
spacedebris

ZM,

I just sent the windshield gasket. Sorry it took so long. I never realized just how long it takes to ship something to AK. If I stopped to think about it I would have seen but when the guy behind the counter told me 2-3 weeks he could have knocked me over with a feather. I ship to VA quite often and it takes days not weeks but I guess AK is a bit off the standard interstate system. lol.

I sent you a PM with the tracking info.
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #78
CRGRS 66

I just happened across your thread. Firstly, I am very sorry for your loss. I think what you are doing is a fantastic tribute, I am looking forward to following along. Unfortunately I don't have any parts that I could donate. I just purchased my truck one year ago, and this is my first kick at this cat, so I don't have stock piles of parts like some of the guys on here.

PS, I like the idea of Zane's name being on the truck somewhere, and aerotruk's thought of something on the glove box door. Maybe "Zane's Ride" laser cut from stainless steel in Chevrolet Script, and polished. I have some laser cutting companies locally, if you like I could run this buy them, see if anyone is interested in donating what would essentially be their time.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #79
198plus

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I Just wanted to say this thread has touched my heart, the kindness of others to help out is so amazing.
I would like to help out myself, please let me know the color code you decide on painting the truck and I'll furnish all the PPG paint and clear. Just let me know.......Thanks
198plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #80
Zane'sMom

Thank you so much, CRGRS 66!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #81
ddubbs

Sorry to hear about your son Zane. Thus isa great way to remember him by. I just noticed this thread and had to comment. I live in fairbanks and would luv to help out how ever I can. Anything I can do please pm me on. Also what school are they doing this at?
Posted via Mobile Device
Projects
56 Chevy pickup Porterbuilt FR/RR dropmembers
ddubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #82
Zane'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubbs View Post
Sorry to hear about your son Zane. Thus isa great way to remember him by. I just noticed this thread and had to comment. I live in fairbanks and would luv to help out how ever I can. Anything I can do please pm me on. Also what school are they doing this at?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, ddubbs! The project is taking place at Hutchison High School. Zane was a student there. I also have a facebook page titled 'Zane's Ride'. Pass the word!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #83
oem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I Just wanted to say this thread has touched my heart, the kindness of others to help out is so amazing.
I would like to help out myself, please let me know the color code you decide on painting the truck and I'll furnish all the PPG paint and clear. Just let me know.......Thanks
Way to step up 198plus. That's no shy offer right there. What a bro!
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #84
ddubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane'sMom View Post
Thanks, ddubbs! The project is taking place at Hutchison High School. Zane was a student there. I also have a facebook page titled 'Zane's Ride'. Pass the word!
Been texting Kelly. I Let him know that if there is anything I can do to help count me in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Projects
Old 03-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #85
da_bears_da1

Just read the thread and am very sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there are parts or materials needed.

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #86
da_bears_da1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Way to step up 198plus. That's no shy offer right there. What a bro!
Second that!!!!!!!

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #87
ddubbs

So after seeing this it made me think what can I do. I went to the same school and auto program. I am working on a few things that will hopefully help the project. I should find out on Monday exactly what will be done. Stay tuned.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Projects
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #88
Zane'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bears_da1 View Post
Just read the thread and am very sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there are parts or materials needed.
Thank you, da_bears!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #89
Zane'sMom

quoTE=da_bears_da1;5936707]Just read the thread and am very sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there are parts or materials needed.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, da_bears!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #90
Zane'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubbs View Post
So after seeing this it made me think what can I do. I went to the same school and auto program. I am working on a few things that will hopefully help the project. I should find out on Monday exactly what will be done. Stay tuned.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you, ddubbs! I am excited to hear what you've got in mind!

Last edited by Zane'sMom; 03-11-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Zane'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #91
PBFAB.COM

ddubbs has been in contact with us on the projects behalf and we are working on a plan!

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #92
ddubbs

Thanks Porterbuilt for coming aboard and showing support. News on what's to happen once we get everything ironed out. Also I wanted to thank everyone who has helped out in any way with this project. THANK YOU!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Projects
Old 03-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #93
Zane'sMom

Thank you so much, Porterbuilt!

Last edited by Zane'sMom; 03-13-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: add words
Zane'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #94
Zane'sMom

Thank you, ddubbs!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #95
Zane'sMom

Spring break was last week here in Fairbanks, but I wake this morning and it is snowing outside! ugh! The winter lasts so long here. I PROMISE I will get the build sheet out this weekend and get a good photo of it or scan it, and my husband and I will go to the school on 3-28 and check on the project.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #96
Zane'sMom

Soooo....got the build sheet out from the seat, and discovered it is from another truck; a 1966 that was 4514AA red, built in Fremont, CA and shipped to RG Berg Motor Co. in Kodiak, Alaska. A little sad it is not the original from the 62, but it is still a really cool piece of history. It came out in fragments, and is somewhat brittle, but I was able to piece it together. My husband is going to photograph it tomorrow when good sunlight comes in the livingroom. And, I happily received the windshield gasket from spacedebris! Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #97
Zane'sMom

Our photos of the build sheet didn't turn out as good as we would like, so we are going to try to get better views. Also, we should be able to get more project photos at the school tomorrow. We will post them Friday or Saturday.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #98
Zane'sMom

OKAY! We just posted new photos in the Zane's Ride gallery, including one of the build sheet. We got 'action' shots showing the kids moving the bed and they are posted too. We had a good discussion with both instructors. We need a good resource for a windshield, and to find out if there is anyone who has them in Alaska. And we are probably going to use paint on bedliner instead of POR for the floor of the cab. Before we haul away the 63 frame from one of Zane's original trucks, we are going to verify that the 62 body won't fit on it. The 62 frame is good too, but they are trying to keep and use what we can from his 63. These students are something! They win awards in competitions, and they are preparing for one now. They will get the engine on a stand wrap and store the tranny, and work on those next school year, and over the summer the chosen frame will get sandblasted and painted and the engine disassembled and cleaned. The auto body students will get a coat of primer on before summer.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #99
Zane'sMom

Photo of the build sheet; it seems that the original 62 seat was replaced with one from a 66. We are polling to see if we should put this in the finished truck. Comments?
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #100
Zane'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
I have been advised that when painting the truck we should stay within one brand. Does PPG make a high build primer and hardener, or can you get Sherwin Williams' 'Martin Senour'? We have a local source for this brand of primer, who may donate it, but want to keep within one brand.