The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Lattimer

Re: I Found the Magic Button!

Thought I would add to the thread looking for advice. Had my truck aligned for the second time last week. All front end parts are new (bushings/rod ends/balljoints/pitman/idler/springs/etc) and it has a 2" spring drop front and rear.

Local Mr Tire has been good to deal with and thy actually listen, so I go there for tire changes, alignments, and AC work----basically just the stuff I can't do myself.

Anyways, here is where mine wound up. Handles and drives decent, but steering return to center is still lazy. The shop had it for 2 days playing with it, and this is as far as they could get.
Attached Images

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
BMERDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
Thought I would add to the thread looking for advice. Had my truck aligned for the second time last week. All front end parts are new (bushings/rod ends/balljoints/pitman/idler/springs/etc) and it has a 2" spring drop front and rear.

Local Mr Tire has been good to deal with and thy actually listen, so I go there for tire changes, alignments, and AC work----basically just the stuff I can't do myself.

Anyways, here is where mine wound up. Handles and drives decent, but steering return to center is still lazy. The shop had it for 2 days playing with it, and this is as far as they could get.
You can see in Post 23 that I explained that my truck is lazy on return to center too. Not enough positive caster. Just like mine, you'll have to dial in more caster. BTW, It looks like they have a Hunter machine too. They should have the "match using cross specs" feature on their machine as well.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Lattimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERDOC View Post
You can see in Post 23 that I explained that my truck is lazy on return to center too. Not enough positive caster. Just like mine, you'll have to dial in more caster. BTW, It looks like they have a Hunter machine too. They should have the "match using cross specs" feature on their machine as well.
That would entail moving the LCA forward, correct? I read the thread on doing that.

I guess the question would be how much do you really gain from doing that? Is it worth the work (and another $100 alignment) for the extra caster?

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote