The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
RustySunShine

The Turkey Rod Run Daytona

Holy Smokes There Are tons Of 67 To 72'S Here! I Picked Up A New Toe KickPanel Yesterday.
RustySunShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Boog
laying low

Re: The Turkey Rod Run Daytona

Well by all means take lots of pics and post em up here man.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Dan Wales

I hate missing the Turkey Day run. I have been the last three years in a row.

During the last two years I had two vehicles bought ( I thought ) 1st was a 65 Malibu, gave him a deposit returned the next day with cash to take it home and during the final inspection my brother-inlaw and I discovered the vehicle was terribly misrepresented. Fortunately it was a small deposit a couple hundred. I thought we were going to have a UFC special before that was all over.

Next year it was a El Camino. The vehicle was in great shape actually once again I left a small deposit a couple hundred and stopped by the bank to get the cash to return. While at the track I asked him 3 TIMES do you have clear title to the vehicle oh yeah was his answer each time. Believe it or not I was on the way back to the track with the cash when he called my cell. He then let me know that the vehicle had been sold 4 times in bill of sale states and his name wasn't anywhere near any of what paperwork he had. I got to the track and I admit wanted to strangle him but just got my small deposit back. I reported him to the rep's but I don't think they care.

I love to go because I love cars & trucks they have thousands of those. Plus several hundred vendors.

The Mecum auction is much better and not often a vehicle is mis rep'd there, but they still have had a few cases of bad titles but not often. I love to go to the one in Kissimmee Florida, I also watch some of it live on Velocity TV.

I cant get over the crooks associated with this stuff. A few years ago I had the money in hand for a 65 GTO. Something told me at the last second to call the GTO Society oh yeah and that is $75. My wife was actually packing my clothes for the trip when the fax came back. It was a fake. That $75 actually saved me $22,000, when I called the guy at first he tried to deny it, then he changed his tune and says it looks like new and left two black marks out in the street when he took it for a short spin to make sure it was still running right. I told him I'd give him $10,000 for his mint Lemans he didn't want to talk any more.

I hate crooks I mean I really hate'em, that Malibu I mentioned earlier was definitely a crook, someone is going to put a hole in him.

Sorry about the rant anyone want to go to the Mecum in Kissimmee give me a holler.

Dan
Dan Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
NC_John

We drove through Daytona on the 4/95 yesterday heading back up north. Saw the old cars and was wondering what was going on. Glad I didn't know- might have stopped and spent a bunch of $$$!

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote