The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
1774btcrew

Any interest in lifted Prerunner lowere A arms?

Let me start by saying this isn't a for sale thread. I am just looking for advice at this time. I know these are really hard to come by for the 2wd c10 trucks as no one is making them anymore. I came up with a set at the wrecking yard a month or so back. I am trying to decide if it is worth having a couple sets of these fabricated or just selling the set I have with the coil springs. I just figured no one was making these and it seems there is some interest. The vehicle these came off of had 32" tires. I don't know a lot about this stuff but I have a good friend that builds trophy trucks that could fab some up. I just don't see using any of these myself. I don't know what pairs of these would cost as I didn't want to put too much effort into it without any interest.

1972 Cheyenne Super Short Bed big block "Blackie"
1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
Willowrun

Re: Any interest in lifted Prerunner lowere A arms?

Interested here.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:11 AM   #3
Eyegore
What Hump?

Can I ask what type truck they were on? My son had some made for his truck possibly 78 shortbed. Truck was totaled years ago and we never knew what happened to it after the insurance towed it away.

Tom
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyegore View Post
Can I ask what type truck they were on? My son had some made for his truck possibly 78 shortbed. Truck was totaled years ago and we never knew what happened to it after the insurance towed it away.

Tom
Tom, these were on a 81 up Suburban. I pulled a set a while back off a red 80 and earlier shortbed but they were Fabtech

1977 Crew Cab GMC Short bed with 4BT Intercooled Cummins Diesel and a 4L80e "The Junkyard Dog"
1985 Crew Cab Chevy dually with 5.9 Cummins "The Big Dog" This is what my dad liked to be called by the grandkids before he passed so it seems fitting for his old truck.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:27 AM   #5
andrewmp6

We do have people asking now and then about lifting a 2wd truck on here.I think you could sell them but no clue on how many sets you would move a year.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #6
1774btcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
We do have people asking now and then about lifting a 2wd truck on here.I think you could sell them but no clue on how many sets you would move a year.
I am not sure either! This aren't long travel arms but I was told this is how it was done back in the day. These arms with 3/4 ton upper A arms

Old 01-20-2014, 02:32 AM   #7
INSIDIOUS '86

You have any pics?
377 sbc thumpr cam autogear m23 muncie 3:73 Detroit trutrac
3''spintech prostreet mufflers xpipe 1 3/4 headers
build thread !http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577217
Iroc gauge threadhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554511
INSIDIOUS '86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #8
chevymadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1774btcrew View Post
Let me start by saying this isn't a for sale thread. I am just looking for advice at this time. I know these are really hard to come by for the 2wd c10 trucks as no one is making them anymore. I came up with a set at the wrecking yard a month or so back. I am trying to decide if it is worth having a couple sets of these fabricated or just selling the set I have with the coil springs. I just figured no one was making these and it seems there is some interest. The vehicle these came off of had 32" tires. I don't know a lot about this stuff but I have a good friend that builds trophy trucks that could fab some up. I just don't see using any of these myself. I don't know what pairs of these would cost as I didn't want to put too much effort into it without any interest.
Heck yea I would be interested im looking to get on on a 4 inch to 6 inch lift.My truck has 32 inch enduro mud tires and perfect for this project.The shops I have went to are totally oblivious to the fact that there are no lifts its almost comical and insulting and frustrating!TELL ME MORE

It's all about original guys original let me say again original.

Last edited by chevymadness; 02-05-2014 at 03:00 AM.
chevymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #9
chevymadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDIOUS '86 View Post
You have any pics?
Yes pics!

It's all about original guys original let me say again original.
chevymadness is offline   Reply With Quote