The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
TrkEnvy

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by texjake View Post
I installed my LED bulbs today. Its not as bright as I thought it was going to be, but its a lot better than the old dim yellow/green that it use to be. Plus a camera phone is not the best for night pics. It does look better in person. I also painted both inside gauge cluster panels gloss white to try to help brighten up the lights inside the panel. I know if I would have used the multi directional LED's it would look better. I still need to do some tweaking on it & check to see if all the bulbs are working ok. But for now this will work. I got 20 LED's on eBay for $15 + free shipping. So I'm happy with it.
I have done a few of those.. get yourself some HVAC duct tape. the shiny kind that they wrap the actual ducting with. makes for a great reflector. line the inner walls with it and the light will passed around the inside the cluster much better. looks good though
1971 C10 - LWB shortened to SWB, welded in my C notch, reinforced trailing arms with 3/16 plate, new cpp 5" rear drop springs, 2" drop blocks, ece super panhard kit. Cpp drop spindles, 2 inch front springs, 5.3/4L80E

I call it Bruce Banner..
Old 03-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
texjake

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrkEnvy View Post
I have done a few of those.. get yourself some HVAC duct tape. the shiny kind that they wrap the actual ducting with. makes for a great reflector. line the inner walls with it and the light will passed around the inside the cluster much better. looks good though
Ok cool, thanks TrkEnvy. I'll try that duct tape thingy later.