The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #26
67anthony

Re: CPP or ECE

Ece
67anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #27
michael bustamante

I had a cpp super trac bar and it worked great. Now the drop springs for the rear are soft. I thought I read somewhere that their chevelle rear spring and our trucks 4" drop spring are the same therefore cannot handle a load.
Brake parts from cpp have been spot on as well
I just bought an ece super trac bar and the brackets are VERY sturdy. Ece shock reloxators are very well made also
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #28
67ctener

VERY frustrated with cpp, seems like problem after problem. Nothing but good things to say about ece.
67ctener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #29
Cheezer_72

ECE definitely, I just did a 2.5" drop spindles, 4" springs rear, and shock mount relocation, first of all it was the best deal out there with out breaking the bank. All the parts fit right in with no issues at all. Has my recommendation. Top pic is before.
Attached Images

Cheezer_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #30
fast&low

CPP
Your looking for the modular spindles CPP offers
As far as springs I would recommend Hotchkis a little more expensive than the others but then again with suspension parts you get what you pay for
fast&low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #31
outlaw 3454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ctener View Post
VERY frustrated with cpp, seems like problem after problem. Nothing but good things to say about ece.
i'm getting very frustrated with cpp also, just spent in excess of 2300 on lowering parts and disc brakes etc, for a 68 truck and now the front end IS WIDER THAN THE REAR. and i cant get an answer why yes i do have the nodular ones, supposed to be the latest and greatest!
i probably should just start a thread on this deal...
outlaw 3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #32
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw 3454 View Post
i'm getting very frustrated with cpp also, just spent in excess of 2300 on lowering parts and disc brakes etc, for a 68 truck and now the front end IS WIDER THAN THE REAR. and i cant get an answer why yes i do have the nodular ones, supposed to be the latest and greatest!
i probably should just start a thread on this deal...
Post a picture of the spindle you have .. Did the spindle you installed have a bolt-on bracket between the spindle and caliper. ?
ksbrktracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #33
outlaw 3454

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbrktracer View Post
Post a picture of the spindle you have .. Did the spindle you installed have a bolt-on bracket between the spindle and caliper. ?

wow thanks for the info and it was good talking to you, the guy that started this thread would be way ahead to call you and i do believe he would be saving money! as least he would know what he has!! lol
thanks again
pat
outlaw 3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #34
Lee H

I used all CPP products on my truck, the parts are very good quality, installed with ease, never an issue except the rear drop springs are a little weak. I use CPP because they are only about 40 miles away, no shipping issues and I can see and feel the part before I leave. Would be a different story if I had to have parts shipped to me. I just dread going in there and dealing with them, snotty, arrogant, and very defensive if you question anything. They may be great as a wholesaler but not so much on the retail side. I think Tommy Lee is onto something.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #35
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I am surprised no one suggested looking in the vendor review forum as well. All the comments about seem to reflect the reviews written.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #36
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw 3454 View Post
wow thanks for the info and it was good talking to you, the guy that started this thread would be way ahead to call you and i do believe he would be saving money! as least he would know what he has!! lol
thanks again
pat
I think we might have figured out Outlaws problem . He has a standard drop spindle which does widen the track along with a 265/75/15 tire . Hes going to try a shorter tire first and then maybe a spacer on the rear .. to widen the rear trac , if the tire helps the front issue.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #37
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kev-O View Post
I have been looking at drop spindles too. I am tempted to go with the CPP because they claim that they are the only company who's spindles move the wheels inward and others push the wheels out. When I look at pictures of lowered C10/C20s I notice a lot of them have a wider wheel base in the front which looks off to me.
Maybe.

But here is RAT with ECE 2-1/2" drop spindles and 2" ECE drop springs; 6" ECE inch drop springs in back. Also has an ECE adjustable panhard bar,
ECE shock relocator kit, ECE rotors, ECE front sway bar, ECE bushings front to rear.

I originally went with 1" spacers in the rear. Then (after all else was done), I decided to put the 1" billet spacers up front and used
1.25" billet spacers in the rear.

I couldn't tell any difference in tracking width before or after the spacer install. But that's just me.

I'd only buy ECE suspension stuff. Lots are good, I'm sure. But I know these guys. And they are the tops as far as service
and products. I don't need any more than that.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #38
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Maybe.

But here is RAT with ECE 2-1/2" drop spindles and 2" ECE drop springs; 6" ECE inch drop springs in back. Also has an ECE adjustable panhard bar,
ECE shock relocator kit, ECE rotors, ECE front sway bar, ECE bushings front to rear.

I originally went with 1" spacers in the rear. Then (after all else was done), I decided to put the 1" billet spacers up front and used
1.25" billet spacers in the rear.

I couldn't tell any difference in tracking width before or after the spacer install. But that's just me.

I'd only buy ECE suspension stuff. Lots are good, I'm sure. But I know these guys. And they are the tops as far as service
and products. I don't need any more than that.
Something that effects all of this is what rear axle and what back spacing on the wheels, Nice looking truck by the way
Old 04-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #39
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kev-O View Post
Well they must have changed the geometry some how or they are making false claims.Quote from CPP:

"These spindles features are nothing like the truck market has ever seen to date. These spindles are made of Ductile Iron with CNC 4140 Chrom- Moly pins and will not move the wheels out 3/4 of an inch per side like other aftermarket spindles do! These spindles are an Exclusive CPP design, these spindles keep the tires under the truck where they belong!"

Link to add with info:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/71-72-CHEVY-...b596be&vxp=mtr
From first hand experience ..... These spindles do pull the wheels in, actually a shade over one inch per side compared to standard CPP drop spindles
Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #40
fast&low

& X2
Other than my 69 C10 I own a 64 Chevelle & a 69 Olds Cutlass & let me tell you they are at least 4 company's that sell parts for these cars (GM A-body) & OPG is one of them & I hate there customer service but when it comes down to it they are not the owners they are employees & OPG offers the best parts & sometimes the best price so my money goes there.
What I'm trying to say is don't short yourself on a better parts just because the guy on the other side of the phone didn't get any last night.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #41
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Couldn't agree more.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #42
special-K
Special Order

I have a thing for quality,which is measured in multiple ways. ECE,and they started what the others have followed...behind.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #43
fast&low

Well then they should have a spindle that don't change the track on your truck (push the wheel out) call them in the morning & tell them you would like some.
CPP has them in there modular set & if you want you can even go with bigger brakes or use the ones you have
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #44
fast&low

I'm not knocking on ECE they have quality parts it's just he is looking for a spindle that won't push his wheels out & as far as I know only CPP has them in there modular set unless I'm wrong & if I am give me an ECE part# for spindles they offer that won't push the tires out?
If he was looking for coil springs yes ECE over CPP
Old 04-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #45
DaddyO

I've purchased from both companies and have had no complaints. I've always been been treated with courtesy and professionalism.
DaddyO is offline   Reply With Quote