The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
RhatterNTatter

54 GMC on S10 frame swap

Besides my 68 truck build, I am also working on a 54 GMC 5 window truck build as a shop truck on an S10....go figure right? Use what works...

Started here:
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
RhatterNTatter

Re: 54 GMC on S10 frame swap

So, this truck is complete 5 window, original chrome grill, factory 4 speed, split manifold, all drivetrain and trim is there.

I put the steelies on but have the orig clip style wheels to put back on the frame....will be selling frame, motor, trans, rear end, drive shaft, on rolling wheels together...and am already at that point where they can go out the door.

Back at the shop, I got a reg cab long bed S10 that was in a roll over. It is now stripped down and is ready to have 4.3V6 and 5 speed, drive shaft removed from it and I will sell that off too.

Stipped:
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
RhatterNTatter

So, has a lot of patching to do...new floors, new cab corners, got pretty nice DS front fender, will put weather worn wood bed bottom together and otherwise keep it looking old school and kinda worn. Will drop in new build 305 or 350 and auto...B&M shifter. Will keep cab old school looking and will use original steering wheel with the power steering from the S10 donor. Will have S10 5 lug steelies with WW and dropped very low over the tires. I will be blasting the frame on the S10, will have some custom frame welding to go with go low plans. Going with cut down coils on the front to do lowering there and will bridge up the rear suspension to have the shocks up and the body down. Even though I am cleaning and prepping the metal....gonna go with old patina paint unless I can get my hands on some hot rod flatz gold.....might bag this one but most likely will not on this build....have a 2nd 54 (chevy) 5 window that will most likely be the first bagged one....have to do a 67 BBW long bed that will go low too....and do it next. All my project trucks except my personal 59 short fleetside big back window will be sold....well....maybe not the 68 el camino....unless the money comes up tight. Will be doing the 68 big back window shortie, this 54 5 window shop, the 67 big back window long boy, the other 54 5 window, a 66 that I might cut down to short fleetside, the 68 el camino, the 59 big back window.....and who knows what all else as I get them....
Old 05-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
eagleuh1

Keep em coming. I like it so far.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
RhatterNTatter

Not so much to report on this build....working mostly on the 68 build. Stripping off paint since it looked like there was at least one coating that was brushed or rolled on at some point....sure hope that does not have lead in it. Angle grinder bit the dust (pun intended...gotta have humor around when you're tired). Scored another 58 Chevy short bed...came with step side that looks pretty good...also came with a short fleetside box which is what I really wanted. Metal is good on this until you get to the bottom edges...fender corners, cab corner, etc....may sell the truck off as a project and keep that short fleetside...no motor or transmission or drive shaft...complete otherwise..ok no front bumper but I have one for that can be had....
Attached Images