The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
mvitale27

Fuel Lines - Extended Cab vs Regular Cab

Hi guys,

New to this side of the forum but I currently have a build in the 55-59 section.

I have a 2001 Silverado 1500 LS Extended Cab with the 5.3.

When replacing my fuel filter I snapped a fitting that connects the hard line to the plastic line going back to the pump. I got a new plastic line but cannot find the fitting anywhere. Dealer said anything besides the plastic quick connect lines require you to buy the entire set of front fuel lines (~$300). The fitting has a quick connect on one side and a female compression type on the other side. The line in question is the feed line from the pump to the filter. Any suggestions?

My first thought after not finding the fitting in stores or online was to hit the junkyard. One local junkyard told me that they only had a 2002 Regular Cab Silverado and it has totally different fuel lines? is this true? Hard to believe...

Matt's 3/4T 4X4 Build
mvitale27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
mvitale27

Re: Fuel Lines - Extended Cab vs Regular Cab

Fixed my problem last night. I was going crazy then I had an revelation. I took the plastic line off the pump and the hard line off the filter, went to NAPA and played around with fittings until I found something that worked. I used a brake line with a barb on it for the quick connect (that I had to cut to size) and a regular compression fitting for the hard line. Spent $4.

Next problem to conquer is the classic no 4WD issue. Haven't really found a thread that describes my situation. I have no "service 4wd" no indicator lights and I dont hear any motors when I push any of the buttons. This should be fun.

Matt's 3/4T 4X4 Build
mvitale27 is offline   Reply With Quote