The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
low&slow
Account Suspended

69 grille on 67 fenders pics inside someone has to do it

I know some questions have been asked a lot about putting 69-72 grilles on 67/8 front fenders. Well I just did a mock up for a different thread of how it would look. First off there is some things to consider IF you wanted to make it permanent:

The hood latch will need to lengthened to bolt to the 69 grille.

The hood stops will need to be removed on the 69 grille.

The bolt holes on the bottom of the grille line up with the ones on 67/8 fenders, but the top holes will need to be welded on the fenders and re-threaded closer to the front edge of the fender.

Also, the grille sits around the front of the fenders, so there is not a flush look to it, but I'm 99% sure that you can cut the front off a pair of 69-72 fenders and weld them to 67/8 fenders while maintaining the slant nose for an even more flush fit.

As for the hood, it will not need to be modified. In the pics below, there are 2 pictures of my 67 front end just to show that the fenders and hood are the same and have not been modified. 1 picture with the 69 grille on. Can get more pictures once my batteries finish charging in my camera.
Attached Images

low&slow is offline   Reply With Quote