The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
Westcoastpainter

Re: $hort Change

here i was making the frame same as other side. i don't have any finished welding pics of the boxed rear, before paint. anyways u can see primer/paint
Attached Images

Westcoastpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Westcoastpainter

$hort Change

ok i will put up some more pics of the paint progress. epoxyd the blasted frame, mudded up all the welds in the back end and smoothed them all out. then single stage black for the frame. (endura) I'm happy with it. now its home on the rack for final assembly.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #3
Westcoastpainter

$hort Change

ok so now it is really taking shape. recently got my accu air e level kit. 2x 400c compressors, one 5 gallon tank. now I'm having a hard time deciding on my fuel tank. ideally i want a boyds with in tank pump for a LS. i see they've changed to aeromotive pumps. any body have a opinion on them vs walboro? the problem with boyds is the $ for me. plus it has to ship to canada and clear customs, blah blah so in other words were talking around 869$ id say after exchange and shipping and duties. also i have the oem tank/pump that came with my 6.0/6l80e swap. ideally i would love to incorporate this pump with some sort of cell, but the boyds isn't deep enough. i was thinking a oem blazer tank and fabbing my pump in there somehow. my stock ls tank is running the return in the lid of the pump also.. as I've been told by a gm mechanic, not sure that makes sense to me but.. so anyone got any ideas for a rear tank? i started cleaning up my firewall also so heres a sneak peak. i have to trim a lot off my tie rod ends obviously, i threaded the ends on and its real toed out i must say! they're narrowed arms so i was aware to begin with they needed to narrowed. thats coming up soon. looks like i may need to trim around 2" off each tie rod. good times hah

ok some more pics, wish i could upload more than 5 at a time and faster lol.
Attached Images