The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #26
jwatson355

Re: LMC digital dash cluster????

Has anyone hooked up the original water temp gauge to a new sending unit made for a cheap checker auto gauge?? If I leave it on the checker auto gauge it reads 190 degrees, the original gauge it reads hot..I'd much rather have the original.
jwatson355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #27
sduckworth13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb70c10 View Post
Just called to check order status. I placed my order on March 29 and opted for the white color. Was told then that it would be on back order for 5 weeks. Today when I called I was told it would be an additional 5 weeks from today's date. Very frustrated!!! You would think they would at least notify you if a back order date doubles.....
I needed to go to LMC today and while I was there checked to see about the white color gauge cluster you mention and they also told me 5 weeks back order if that gives you a peace of mind.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:54 AM   #28
Jb70c10

I tried calling intellatronics, the people who make these for LMC, the same day I called LMC to ask a couple of tech questions and also inquire about an approximate delivery date. I had to leave a voicemail, it's now been 3 days with no response. Not impressed nor happy with the customer service from either place. Decided to cancel my order and go back with a restored factory cluster. Good luck to all of you who stick this out and go with the digital set up. Hope it is everything you expect and more!!!!!
Jb70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #29
portworks

Well sduckworth13 was correct. I just call to check on my order, and they said another 5 weeks WTF !!!!
portworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #30
leftybass209

Sorry to hear about all the delays. I ran into the same problem when the Lokar Throttle pedal came out for the 67-72's. It was delayed just enough and I heard some stories so I gave up and moved on. Perseverance has it's rewards though!
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #31
Sgolbek

I put the lmc digital dash in my 70 model I am not happy at all the speedo stops working the clock resets on the tach the ribbon part of it will peg out at idle. Lmc said they are all on back order. I'm going to try and get a refund and put the Dakota digital dash in it.
Attached Images

Sgolbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #32
Blazerowner

I personally would not support any part maker that is using Chinese slave labor to save money. If Dakota Digital is still U.S. made I would go with them. Yes you get a cheaper product from Chinese made parts but there will never be the quality and craftsmanship from buying U.S. made. In the long run you will pay more but it will save you money in headaches and having to replace the item when it dies. I have noticed a drop in quality of Craftsman tools ever since they sold out to make their items overseas. Just not the same tools anymore.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #33
Sgolbek

The lmc dash is made in the USA I was hoping it would of been a good one
Old 05-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #34
leftybass209

Could it be a grounding issue? Everything you mention sounds like grounding problems commonly associated with any poorly ground digital gauges. Just a thought.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #35
Sgolbek

I thought that to so I run a ground off the battery and a hot still doing the same thing all the wires soldered too.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #36
dukkie
My Spoon Is Too Big

I have nothing to go off of but the pictures online, my question is not about function but looks? why for 800 bucks does Dakota Digital faces have to look cheaper than my microwave?
2015 Ram 05-20-15 (Daily Driver)
dukkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #37
Tinkermc

Well I looked and did not find any Chinese knock-off money in my wallet so LMC is lookin good 2 me!!!
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #38
ujsf01

For what it's worth, I own my own part time business doing mainly electrical work on classic cars and trucks. I can tell you this for a fact....Dakota Digital, in my opinion, is the best product out there for modernizing a cluster on any vehicle. Their systems are expandable to be able to add new features it seems they are constantly developing and their VHX line is very clean, looks fantastic at night and all their stuff is a breeze to set up. I know they cost more, but my customers I've done installs on are extremely satisfied and have had NO problems in over 3 years of installations. Not to mention, their staff is easy to work with! This LMC unit may be ok, but I like to stick with what I know.

No, I do not know it all, that's why I attend tons of training.
ujsf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #39
Fitz
Account Suspended

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #40
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatrol View Post
Intellitronix established 30 years Dakota digital 25
All American.
Thanks for your wisdom Fitz

Sometimes, just sometimes someone else makes a good product.
I stand by my original comment. Gauge panels assembled in Ohio from cheap Chinese copies of Dakota Digital gauges are still cheap Chinese copies. That's why they don't work. The yield in assembly is low and that's why so many who ordered are being told over and over again 5 week lead time. Which turns into 10 weeks and on and on. The real Intellitronix and their staff were sold years ago. What you have now is a poorly managed shell company that assembles parts made by others into instrument panels that are junk.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #41
bigsnookmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I stand by my original comment. Gauge panels assembled in Ohio from cheap Chinese copies of Dakota Digital gauges are still cheap Chinese copies. That's why they don't work. The yield in assembly is low and that's why so many who ordered are being told over and over again 5 week lead time. Which turns into 10 weeks and on and on. The real Intellitronix and their staff were sold years ago. What you have now is a poorly managed shell company that assembles parts made by others into instrument panels that are junk.
X-2 with Fitz! I stay as fer away from LMC as I can! .02
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #42
portworks

UPDATE ! I finally received my LMC digital gauge assembly about 2 weeks ago. I made a plug in harness, wired it has specified and have had no problems whatsoever. The engine is a 5.3 LS out of a 2004 Silverado.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #43
kamikazekyle05

Quote:
Originally Posted by portworks View Post
UPDATE ! I finally received my LMC digital gauge assembly about 2 weeks ago. I made a plug in harness, wired it has specified and have had no problems whatsoever. The engine is a 5.3 LS out of a 2004 Silverado.
How about some pics or a video?
kamikazekyle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #44
davepl

I wish I could find 4" square LCD panels, I'd make something cool. But everything I can find it wide aspect (like for a NAV system). I know a lot of people like these, but the Dakota Digital and these remind me of the early 80s Lincoln and Corvette dashes.

7-segment LEDs are actually as old as these trucks!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #45
portworks

At night.and you can dim or bright with your dimmer switch.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #46
classic70

Thanks for sharing that information, the dash looks great.
classic70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #47
DUD2STUD

Has any one had any problems with this unit. I installed mine and everything worked great for about a week then the speedo stopped working. I ran all new wires for everything. Now the speedo is pegged out and so is the fuel. The clock is no longer there either. All the other gauges tach, temp, oil and voltage work fine. I tried running a direct ground to the fuel and speedometer but nothing changes.
DUD2STUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #48
cheyenne shortstep

LMC sells cheap Chinese crap, you get what you pay for. I will not give them one dime and encourage my customers to shop elsewhere. In my opinion when a company becomes as large as LMC they lose all customer service/appreciation.
cheyenne shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #49
71meangreenc10
Its a Truck Thing......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne shortstep View Post
LMC sells cheap Chinese crap, you get what you pay for. I will not give them one dime and encourage my customers to shop elsewhere. In my opinion when a company becomes as large as LMC they lose all customer service/appreciation.
I disagree, LMC sells a lot of the same stuff that all the vendors sell. The majority of parts come from across the ocean these days, they are not the only ones buying it. I have even seen a vendor ship me LMC parts and charge me more for it. They could have least took the label off it....

I also have a DD set up and it's ok. I cannot get the dimmer to work, one day I will trouble shoot it more, speedo jumps around and I have grounded the system to death and even twisted the wires for the sending unit just like they asked. Maybe it would work better with a LS set up.

Smitty
72 Chevy Blazer 4X4, Sloppy Jo, Mountain Climber. Wife says no more trucks. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=707378
72 GMC 1 Ton Motor Home, wife said no more trucks until she saw this one. Gen 3 6.0/4L80E 4.10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=761110
68 GMC Suburban was 3/4 ton, now 1/2.Wife shook her head
71 C30 Wrecker
71 C20 Scott-Bilt As weird as it gets..BB Cheyenne AC Truck
68 GMC Long Stepside. They keep following me home
71 C20 Longhorn/Ole Yellor
69 C30 Former Motor Home, Flat Bed time
71meangreenc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #50
portworks

I to date have logged 2000 mi on my setup with NO issues. But I am running an ls setup, and am using the pcm to control spedo output , not their vss adapter !