The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
Greasey Harley

Re: For those of you that painted interior plastic..

Can't find a blue replacement part?
I have never dyed plastic, but I have bought rigs that were dyed, and it always flaked off, eventually.
Should be easy to find in a wrecking yard, Craigslist, etc. Sometimes I get parts from a local tow yard.
I don't know what part of ID you're in, but there is no shortage of square-body parts trucks around here.

Last edited by Greasey Harley; 03-07-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Greasey Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
homemade87

Heres my blue interior . The dash is a oem dash that has been painted for years . The rest is oem parts that has been painted . I sprayed the whole interior . I went to a local paint shop and had them mix me a quart and did the whole interior when I did the resto . Worked great for me . If you prep correctly it will work fine . Just remember to clean clean clean and then clean some more . Its all about prep .

You are correct that aftermarket is crap . I orderd a couple pieces when I was doing mine and said nope . I sent them back and found oem stuff and repaired if needed . It looked so much better .

Sorry , No before pictures. Every thing you see has been painted .
Attached Images

Last edited by homemade87; 03-07-2015 at 03:25 PM.
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #3
dieseltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
Heres my blue interior . The dash is a oem dash that has been painted for years . The rest is oem parts that has been painted . I sprayed the whole interior . I went to a local paint shop and had them mix me a quart and did the whole interior when I did the resto . Worked great for me . If you prep correctly it will work fine . Just remember to clean clean clean and then clean some more . Its all about prep .

You are correct that aftermarket is crap . I orderd a couple pieces when I was doing mine and said nope . I sent them back and found oem stuff and repaired if needed . It looked so much better .

Sorry , No before pictures. Every thing you see has been painted .
what year is your truck? And is that the stock bench seat? I've been looking for a bench like that for mine.

6" lift
37x14.50x15
dieseltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #4
homemade87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltech View Post
what year is your truck? And is that the stock bench seat? I've been looking for a bench like that for mine.
Deisel , My truck is a 82 model . The seat is from a 91 chevy truck . I think they were in the early to mid 90's chevy trucks . Being that old they are getting harder to find in good shape .These seats can not be recovered because of there design. If you find one you will have to use your track that came with the truck and adapt them to the seat. This seat works well for me because I am long legged and tall . The seat is not as thick as the oem seat and moves me farther back and down for a better fit for me .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote