The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
Sklptrljay

Missed a great deal by a half an hour!!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5271227063.html

So last night I saw this '72 3/4 ton with a lot of patina, working A/C and recent engine and tranny on CL for $1000. No phone number, so I e-mailed him and got a text this morning saying I could come see it today.

I called and told him I was attending a funeral with my family about 40 miles from him, and if I did come it would be in the early evening. He said he had a lot of guys inquiring about it, and I figured there was no chance. He said he would text me if it was sold.

So when we were getting ready to leave the funeral I checked my phone and didn't see a message. I texted and asked if it was sold. Surprisingly, he said no! I said I'm on my way!

I got my family in the car and told them we had to take a pretty serious detour before heading home, about an hour drive. We got to the address he gave me, and it was a feed store out in the country. I think it was a company truck which would explain why it had the maintenance done, but they didn't know the value that it had.

I go up to a guy on a forklift and say I talked to someone here about a truck. He says it's sold. I said, I just got a message it wasn't and told the guy I was on my way.

He goes inside to the office and comes back out and says it sold a half hour ago.

Now I don't mind that he took the first $1000 he saw, but the guy knew I was coming a long distance, with my entire family, from a funeral. A heads up a half hour earlier would have been the right thing to do.

Anyways, it would have been a perfect truck for me and my son to work on together, but that is definitely my luck....bad.

So, hopefully it was a board member who picked this one up. It was out in Clayton California. Anyone? Bueller......Bueller?

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
Clavo106

Re: Missed a great deal by a half an hour!!

YOUR NOT A LONE!
Clavo106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavo106 View Post
YOUR NOT A LONE!
x2

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:01 AM   #4
benbloom

it was me who got the truck! i knew it was a lucky find, looks to be a real gem, and worth well more than the grand i got it for. sorry to hear about the funeral and long drive. il be posting updates on the thread about how it ends up being, if your interested
benbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:19 AM   #5
Sklptrljay

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbloom View Post
it was me who got the truck! i knew it was a lucky find, looks to be a real gem, and worth well more than the grand i got it for. sorry to hear about the funeral and long drive. il be posting updates on the thread about how it ends up being, if your interested
I'm glad it went to a board member at least. Good luck, I'll follow your progress on it. Try using some CLR on the surface rust.

1972 GMC 4X4 K1500 Survivor - Sold

No matter what problems life throws at you, your time on Earth can be incredibly fulfilling and rewarding.....if you just lower your expectations. -Phil Dunphy
Sklptrljay is offline   Reply With Quote