The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
70gmc4d

Re: Color Wiring Diagram FINISHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundstaffpress View Post
V8 engine and cab

Link for the largest version
4200x2550
I don't see the three wires to the trany. I see the one green and one black to the reverse switch. My 70 GMC has three wires, dark green and light green to the switch and the black wire I just assume is a ground. But you know what they say about assuming. Thanks for the diagram it helps a ton!
70gmc4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
chuchito

I have a 1972 GMC suburban, and the wiring is driving me crazy. The diagrams I found on here look similar to what I see under the hood but not exactly. Also, I don't see the blue wire that is supposed to be to the oil pressure on my harness but my guage cluster does have a oil pressure guage. The engine harness actually only has 5 wires. I unplugged it and looked at the female plug on the firewall and it also only has 5 inserts. The five wires I have are the tan, dark green, purple,pink, and brown with white. Can someone chime in?
chuchito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
70gmc4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchito View Post
I have a 1972 GMC suburban, and the wiring is driving me crazy. The diagrams I found on here look similar to what I see under the hood but not exactly. Also, I don't see the blue wire that is supposed to be to the oil pressure on my harness but my guage cluster does have a oil pressure guage. The engine harness actually only has 5 wires. I unplugged it and looked at the female plug on the firewall and it also only has 5 inserts. The five wires I have are the tan, dark green, purple,pink, and brown with white. Can someone chime in?
My 70 GMC has a mechanical oil pressure gauge that is plumbed in the block next to the distributor. And the 70 gmc has 4 headlights up front.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
chuchito

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70gmc4d View Post
My 70 GMC has a mechanical oil pressure gauge that is plumbed in the block next to the distributor. And the 70 gmc has 4 headlights up front.
Maybe that's how mine is too. There is a metal line that looks like it would go next to the distributor.
chuchito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
TOYDOC

Thank you for taking the time to make a diagram like this! if possible could you e-mail me a copy at ctoydoc@gmail.com

Thank you!!
TOYDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
70gmc4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70gmc4d View Post
I don't see the three wires to the trany. I see the one green and one black to the reverse switch. My 70 GMC has three wires, dark green and light green to the switch and the black wire I just assume is a ground. But you know what they say about assuming. Thanks for the diagram it helps a ton!
Just a heads up I'd anyone else had the same issue. I did ground the black wire to the fire wall and when I fired up my truck this weekend the backup lights work awesome.