The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Ta2edjr

little help? confused on my engine mounts

Putting a 5.3 in my 72 and I don't think I'm using the right frame mouts. I pulled these mounts from a mid 80s model truck but they arnt like what everyone else is using and I can't seam to find any pics of these online. They use a clam style mount but they are different and I cannot for the life of me get the engine to bolt up in the truck also if it worth the info the truck I pulled these from had a 4.3 in it the first pic is of the mounts. Second pic is of the driver side bolted on third pic shows how far the mount is off. Any and all help is appreciated
Attached Images

Ta2edjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Aruba1

Re: little help? confused on my engine mounts

I used something like this.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-LSX-Engin...lRP1tt&vxp=mtr

but I used the 3 bolt mount that is for a 72 chevy truck... I believe you can also get the clamshell tipe mounting plate on ebay and you can also get some adjustable brackets that has 3 different mounting positions and then there are the "slide" brackets. I went with the non-adjustable because I wanted the new engine to site in the same place as the SBC did.

Do a search on "LSX swap adapter or plate" on ebay or on this forum, there are TONS of information on them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-LSX-Engin...lRP1tt&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Aruba1; 11-03-2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add link
Aruba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Ta2edjr

I have what you sent me. It's bolted to the block in the pics and hard to see. what I'm having problems with is the frame mounts. I've read that using 73-87 frame mounts will give you more clearance but the ones I picked up arnt what everyone else is using and they came from a 80s model truck. I'm going tomorrow to get the correct frame mount.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #4
NotMyMojo

It appears that you've already realized this, but you don't have the correct frame mounts from the 73-87 trucks. What you need are the V8 frame mounts with the clam shell style engine mounts such as these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Motor...BWJS8J&vxp=mtr

I picked mine up from a Pull-A-Part yard for about $25. I will be pairing them up with 73-87 Dirty Dingo sliders for the 5.3 that's going in my 67.
NotMyMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #5
Ta2edjr

I ended up getting the correct frame mount today! So one step closer now!