The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #26
aknovaman

Re: Acceleration problem

Green blue pcm grounds out the tach signal pin. Red blue pcm sends out a positive pulse. Tach needs a transition from high to low. So pullup resistor pulls pin to high level and every ignition pcm output grounds output pin to transistion and make tach read.
FMCDH GBU and GBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/aknovaman/videos
aknovaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #27
LeesTruk

IT LIVES

A gent that AKNOVAMAN knows, came over today with his HPT setup, and took a look at my truck. The first thing I did was show him my situation, then he hooked up his laptop to look at the PCM. IIRC, the first thing he said was, "What were they thinking?" So, he fiddled with the program, brought most of it back to stock, reset some parameters, then said, "let's go for a ride". I backed out into the street, asked if he could monitor the trans., and off we went. Don't you know, I could accelerate, the trans. shifted, and the truck stayed running (for the most part). I tell ya, the 6cyl. never felt like this. I still have a problem with acceleration, if I accelerate too briskly. Just like turning off a switch, but nowhere near as bad as before. I can live with that for now. We both concur that this is probably an electrical situation, and I may have to take the harness apart. Also, the yellow wire I alluded to earlier, I took out of the connector (after being shown how, it's really simple) and things improved slightly, so I gotta find out where that is run to

All in all, its' been a good day. Thanks AKNOVAMAN

Lee
LeesTruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #28
aknovaman

No biggie. Glad to assist.

Mike is a very good guy and i knew he could troubleshoot it. Your previous tuner is horrible and i have fixed several if his tunes and hacked harnesses. Sad part is he praised on several forums and people throw $$ at him blindly.

Ask Mike for a ride in his impala or camaro some time.
FMCDH GBU and GBA
http://www.youtube.com/user/aknovaman/videos
aknovaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #29
LeesTruk

Well sir, it IS a biggie! I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable tech and really good with a wrench, but to watch Mike on the keyboard, it was like the general practitioner meeting the neurosurgeon.

Concerning the ride in his Camaro, I'd rather wait for what he's gonna do with his Silverado!!
Old 12-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #30
LeesTruk

Well, I think the fix has been made. Prior to having the tuner come to my house, I had contacted PCMPerformance about a new PCM. I gave them all my engine/cam/truck spec's and then the deal was made. Yesterday afternoon after having Mike play with my PCM, the new one arrived. This morning, I installed the new PCM in the truck to see if it was money foolishly spent. It wasn't. Not only did the truck start quicker and idle better, the stumble on acceleration was gone. And this sucker DOES accelerate! I'm amazed at how much power the 5.3L makes. I just gotta remember that I got the truck to do menial labor, not to have fun with (yeah, right)

later...

Lee
Old 12-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #31
foamypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesTruk View Post
Well, I think the fix has been made. Prior to having the tuner come to my house, I had contacted PCMPerformance about a new PCM. I gave them all my engine/cam/truck spec's and then the deal was made. Yesterday afternoon after having Mike play with my PCM, the new one arrived. This morning, I installed the new PCM in the truck to see if it was money foolishly spent. It wasn't. Not only did the truck start quicker and idle better, the stumble on acceleration was gone. And this sucker DOES accelerate! I'm amazed at how much power the 5.3L makes. I just gotta remember that I got the truck to do menial labor, not to have fun with (yeah, right)

later...

Lee
Great news! Glad you got'er in tip top shape.
foamypirate is offline   Reply With Quote