The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2016, 01:15 AM   #1
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarius_Starchaser View Post
Nice work so far Frames looking killer it will be a sweet truck for sure just like your 07'

I'm sticking around to the end of this one!
Thanks! I see you over there w the big dawg 454 another young guy such as myself
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Valarius_Starchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokellurself View Post
Thanks! I see you over there w the big dawg 454 another young guy such as myself
Haha yah that thing has its fair share of troubles though its not all HORSEPOWER I'm sure I will break something on it pretty quick with my foot and my wallet will be soon to follow

Us younger guys need to stick together

Any updates you must have done something over the weekend
Old 05-04-2016, 02:18 AM   #3
gokellurself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarius_Starchaser View Post
Us younger guys need to stick together

Any updates you must have done something over the weekend
Know what I was actually out riding most the weekend so I didn't get to work on the truck so much. I'm right in the middle of some problem solving on it though, so I should have an update very soon.

Conditions were excellent however, had to hit the forest

Last edited by gokellurself; 07-31-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:42 AM   #4
gokellurself

I guess I could hit a little update though, being as we finally made it to the 2nd page lol

I told you guys I had been doing a bunch of running around. I thought I had two full sets of these old wheels and was planning on using the best of the 8 and keeping a spare. By the time I had the tires pulled off I ended up with 3 misc. wheels however...

Soo oook then

About a year ago I found this guy about an hour out from me who's junk yard looks like it hasn't changed in 30 years. The place is incredible, so much cool stuff I could just look around out there for hours

He's actually a huge Dodge guy, has these Dodge trucks everywhere out there.

This is the truck I got my grille and lower valance piece from probably 9 months ago. Pretty picked through but still stuff there

I cruised out there to see what I could find, little odds and ends but I came up kinda dry. Of all things I need some review mirror arms and wouldn't mind finding old rusted ones over some new ones. Not a single one here though

He just got this thing in though, excellent condition and untouched minus the back half. I asked him how much for the grille Says he couldn't even touch the truck yet as he was still waiting on paperwork to clear. Figured I better let it be the next guy who needs the parts

Turns out he was interested in my old wheels and we struck a deal for an old windshield frame. My metal guy thinks he can make one solid frame from two busted frames so I figured hey, might as well grab it. So now I have two busted frames and still think it might just be better to cash out for the repop one. Anybody think theres a market for rusty windshield frames?

Anyways, got some stuff from the sandblasters and looking to get some color soon. Dash needs some metalwork and we'll be on our way

Keep wrenching out there though. Catch you guys later

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-08-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #5
gokellurself

Alright what's up guys, got a little update going on.

I picked up a driveshaft from a local dismantler. The wrecking yards typically move cars with fork lifts and bang up the driveshafts, but this place is the type to actually dismantle vehicles, so they had a decent one. I would have preferred a smaller steel one, but all they had were BIG ol' aluminum, late model ones. All good though. I took it and had it shortened at a local shop and got new U-joints while I was there.

I had been eyeing an issue with one of the crossmember I have going on. It looked really close coming out the tail shaft, and I figured I was going to have to address it but I wanted to get my actual driveshaft to see what I was going to have to do.

I had enough room to move the crossmember forward, above the end of the tailshaft. I had some steel ready to go so I cut it and trimmed out the ends. It's still a tight fit but seems like it's going to work just fine. I pulled the engine and could slide it back in without being inhibited by the crossmember whatsoever.

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-19-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
gokellurself

The crossmember was one of the last things holding me up before getting my cab back on and situated for hopefully the last time. It's been about time I get my exhaust going though, so I figured I better knock it out while the cab is still off.

I ordered up some essentials, some 2.5" mandrel bends and 24" glass packs. Don't really want a screamer so I'm hoping it's not gonna be too loud.

Exhaust operation in progress

Pretty basic setup. Pretty much just 90's out and runs straight back and it dumps down before the axle. I tried to keep it up and tight as best I could. I'm short one 45 and ordered some 2 inch flanges to make the crossover, but the bulk of it is there.

So that's pretty much it for right now. Nothing too exciting but important steps none the less. I'll get a couple buddies over here and get the cab back on and I'll have a whole bunch of things I can get into. Sure feels like it's coming along though, just want to keep at it and get this thing going.

Thanks for checking it out guys, catch you later.

Last edited by gokellurself; 08-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #7
Valarius_Starchaser

Quote:
Nothing too exciting but important steps none the less.
Hey I think that's some exciting stuff getting exhaust routed is one of the best feelings If them glasspacks are to loud for you I know a good home for them wink wink nudge nudge

And your exactly right about keeping progress going if you stop for to long and forget about it they become lawn or grove art for the next 30 years before you even know what happened
Old 10-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
dillonv2008

Quote:
Alright what's up guys, got a little update going on.

I picked up a driveshaft from a local dismantler. The wrecking yards typically move cars with fork lifts and bang up the driveshafts, but this place is the type to actually dismantle vehicles, so they had a decent one. I would have preferred a smaller steel one, but all they had were BIG ol' aluminum, late model ones. All good though. I took it and had it shortened at a local shop and got new U-joints while I was there.

I had been eyeing an issue with one of the crossmember I have going on. It looked really close coming out the tail shaft, and I figured I was going to have to address it but I wanted to get my actual driveshaft to see what I was going to have to do.

I had enough room to move the crossmember forward, above the end of the tailshaft. I had some steel ready to go so I cut it and trimmed out the ends. It's still a tight fit but seems like it's going to work just fine. I pulled the engine and could slide it back in without being inhibited by the crossmember whatsoever.

if you dont mind me asking where did you get the brake booster and the extended reservoir tank thing for it. also what radiator did you use!?? thank you
dillonv2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #9
joedoh

looks so good! I missed your last update somehow, great job on matching the paint!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #10
docrock

Great Project. Excellent pics!!.

1942 Chevy 1/2 ton Pickup http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=429494

R.I.P. TOM SEFFRON 68 FOUR DOOR http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=495438

1942 Chevy that ate my brain 70 Chassis https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=835250
docrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:59 PM   #11
Average Joe

Nice truck and great work! Thats a whole lot of rubber fuel line though. Was there a reason for that? I dont mean to come off as critical. I have had bad experiences with rubber line and new ethanol blended fuels. Just my 2 cents. luv the truck and welcome to the site!

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote