The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
SmallBlockGmc

My first truck

Hey y'all, my names gabe. I just turned 16 and my first truck is a 1972 c10, she has a goodwrench 350 with a edelbrock intake manifold, 650 cfm Holley carb, straight piped with headers. I've been trying to go for the 4x4 look. Eventually id like to frame swap it but for right now I need yalls opinions and some parts. But because I'm only 16 and do not have a job yet I am quite tight on money
Right now I'm looking for lots of little things. Also, how hard would it be and what obstacles would i have doing a 3 or 4 inch body lift?
I'm currently looking for

Seat belts (black)
Autometer rpm guage
all new lenses
And maybe a hurst shifter
Attached Images

SmallBlockGmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
zach_carver

Re: My first truck

Welcome to the forums, nice looking truck also. In my experience I've not lifted any older trucks but be careful with body lifts because they can really hurt the eye appeal of any vehicle unless done very correct. Most people use suspension lifts because you can gain a lot more height and still have it functional. Myself I don't like body lifts. Look funny IMO, explore around I'm sure someone has done something similar. You'll enjoy that truck.

LINK TO SUPER SNOOPY C10 BUILD---> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=689283

1977 C10 SILVERADO HAWAIIAN BLUE, 5/5" DROP, LS6/4L80E

1976 CHEVY K5, 350/350, YUBA GOLD/SADDLE
zach_carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:17 AM   #3
Cape Codder

Nice truck I would polish and drive. Remember to lift the body you will be changing angle of steering shaft, will need to modify any linkages and both bumper will have to be raised somehow so will not work as bumpers as well. At 16 I would be carefull about making drastic changes to a nice truck that you will eventually regret.
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
chase@ridetech

Welcome, and great choice for a first vehicle!
chase@ridetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #5
SmallBlockGmc

So far what I've found is that no one makes a lift for our trucks in 2wd. I want it to sit just a little higher for looks. My truck won't see much off-road unless I'm going down to huntin camp. But the look I'm trying to get is something like this
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

SmallBlockGmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #6
C10_fulltilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Nice truck I would polish and drive. Remember to lift the body you will be changing angle of steering shaft, will need to modify any linkages and both bumper will have to be raised somehow so will not work as bumpers as well. At 16 I would be carefull about making drastic changes to a nice truck that you will eventually regret.
I agree with cape codder, especially on the last sentence. Be careful what you do to it, i would get the little things buffed out first and have a nice running pickup. You have a gem there bub.
C10_fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote