The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2016, 06:38 PM   #1
irl104

Re: My 1968 C30 Wrecker rebuild

Projectking, I did put a furnace in my barn earlier last year, but I'm waiting to see where the new I-69 is going to run before I decide to insulate it. If the weather gets near the 40's I might go out and do some welding now and then. Due to an uninsulated pole barn I don't want to run the furnace due to costs and making the wife mad. lol

I did drain and clean out the winch. Added new gear oil and now I'm waiting to grease it until it's painted. Going to order the metal I need for the bed repairs in the morning.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
irl104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
projectking

Quote:
Originally Posted by irl104 View Post
Projectking, I did put a furnace in my barn earlier last year, but I'm waiting to see where the new I-69 is going to run before I decide to insulate it. If the weather gets near the 40's I might go out and do some welding now and then. Due to an uninsulated pole barn I don't want to run the furnace due to costs and making the wife mad. lol

I did drain and clean out the winch. Added new gear oil and now I'm waiting to grease it until it's painted. Going to order the metal I need for the bed repairs in the morning.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
I feel your pain, as I have to work on my GMC outside weather permitting.

I was asking if you plan to use it as a tow truck or just bringing it back to its former glory.
90 Mustang Notchback
projectking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
tinman_local2

My dad ran a wrecker for a local GM dealer back in the 70's and 80's. He towed mostly big trucks since he was their big truck mechanic, too. If I remember it was an early 70's C-60 chassis with a wrecker bed. On snow days from school, I would get to ride along with him. You talk about being in heaven. I was around 5-10 years old at the time. Sure would like to have that old truck to fix up. You've got quite the neat project there!
tinman_local2 is offline   Reply With Quote