The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
dmjlambert

Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

This Original Air upgrade kit looks interesting, too. Perhaps having F.A.A.benny refurb my evaporator box and recalibrate the POA, plus this upgrade kit, would be a good combo.

https://originalair.com/67-72-chevro...t-134a-stage-2

Kit info says "Classic Auto Air's "Perfect Fit" Modern replacement high performance Parallel Flow condenser kit"

Last edited by dmjlambert; 08-04-2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: add info
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
F.A.A.benny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
This Original Air upgrade kit looks interesting, too. Perhaps having F.A.A.benny refurb my evaporator box and recalibrate the POA, plus this upgrade kit, would be a good combo.

https://originalair.com/67-72-chevro...t-134a-stage-2

Kit info says "Classic Auto Air's "Perfect Fit" Modern replacement high performance Parallel Flow condenser kit"

That doesn't appear to be a true parallel flow condenser. Looks like it might be a piccolo condenser. I personally wouldn't go with i because of that. I'd make a universal parallel flow condenser work. And they are very inexpensive.
F.A.A.benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:22 AM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Lightbulb Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

Why not just go to a junkyard and get one? Yea you may have to make brackets and make sure it's good but seems to me it would work. Get a 2015 are so Tahoe Suburban heavy duty truck and it should have everything you need.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
bMr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Why not just go to a junkyard and get one? Yea you may have to make brackets and make sure it's good but seems to me it would work. Get a 2015 are so Tahoe Suburban heavy duty truck and it should have everything you need.
Because it won't get you what you need and it isn't worth the time. It won't have the correct lines and will come with fittings, lines, brackets, etc, that you'd have spend time removing.

As has been stated above, a great option is to just go to eBay and for about $40 someone will sell you a brand spanking new universal condenser in a size of your choosing.
bMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bMr View Post
Because it won't get you what you need and it isn't worth the time. It won't have the correct lines and will come with fittings, lines, brackets, etc, that you'd have spend time removing.

As has been stated above, a great option is to just go to eBay and for about $40 someone will sell you a brand spanking new universal condenser in a size of your choosing.
Maybe not to you, but if you know the right vehicles to look at it will. I like going through the junkyards and finding parts that I can make work. I don't mind doing the hunting of parts when I have the time.

My ramp truck will have a late model system installed in it and it will be 134 A with either a factory under dash unit are aftermarket one for cheap. I'm not going for high end here but for cheap and dependable.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote