The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
SCOTI

Re: Nutserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
SCOTI, thanks for the info. Did you find a manufacturer on the tool pictured or does your local hardware emporium have a website? That picture looks like it mighta got took from online somewhere. Since ATM I only need to pop in some 1/4 - 20s, buying an apparatus for each size is ok by me as long as it works well.
That pic was from online but was a good image of the set-up so I used it. I intended to go by there this weekend (Sat) but had a funeral service to attend & didn't have time.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:59 PM   #2
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
That pic was from online but was a good image of the set-up so I used it. I intended to go by there this weekend (Sat) but had a funeral service to attend & didn't have time.
Thanks SCOTI, wasn't getting impatient. Wanted to get this out of Ryan's thread and was mystified how you had a picture and not a name, haha. Figured I would ask around and hit you back up for the mfr.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:10 PM   #3
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Thanks SCOTI, wasn't getting impatient. Wanted to get this out of Ryan's thread and was mystified how you had a picture and not a name, haha. Figured I would ask around and hit you back up for the mfr.
I went by there last night but they close @ 7p & I just missed. I've been working on my TRE insert debacle since after work so I didn't even try today.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 08-27-2020, 05:09 AM   #4
LT7A

Quote:
I went by there last night but they close @ 7p & I just missed. I've been working on my TRE insert debacle since after work so I didn't even try today.
Thanks man! But no expectation whatsoever that you would head to the hardware store just to get information on this for me. I thought if you had it reasonably handy and it was stamped with a manufacturer, that then I could look into how to order one or buy one local. Please don't take any more trips just for this, but thanks so much.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:09 AM   #5
SCOTI

Additional info on what I started using when building my dually. These work well & you can do them in cramped spaces much easier.

I also purchased a Grade-8 bolt for each size die (insert tool nut) which is where my $10 number originated (die + bolt) combo. These were available/on the shelf @ my local Elliots hardware in the DFW area.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 08-31-2020, 05:34 PM   #6
LT7A

Quote:
Additional info on what I started using when building my dually. These work well & you can do them in cramped spaces much easier.

I also purchased a Grade-8 bolt for each size die (insert tool nut) which is where my $10 number originated (die + bolt) combo. These were available/on the shelf @ my local Elliots hardware in the DFW area.
Well, information doesn't get any more complete than that. Thank you SCOTI. I hope that wasn't the only reason you went there, but thanks again. It looks like a good solution for me. I have a similar type hardware store nearby but I don't know if they carry Midwest Fastener. Now I know what I'm looking for and can ask for if need be.