The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
gigamanx

Re: 1940 Ford Deluxe 2 Door Sedan Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice work. That is sort of what I had planned to make for the 8.8 but the whole having to ut the floor out more was eating at me. I did set my bars to be level at ride height. Like you, I had to do the placing and setup a couple different times. But I want it to be right and ride nice. I'm still questioning why I didn't just leave the parallel leaf springs and keep it simple.
oh, I feel ya there. I've lost almost the entire space behind the bucket seats just to fit suspension in. Alternatively, I could have made my car 18" off the ground and fit everything, but that wouldn't be cool. Considered a ladder bar setup. Someone else suggested a Watts link. Parallel 4 link was impossible as the upper links would end up right where the seats are.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #2
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post
oh, I feel ya there. I've lost almost the entire space behind the bucket seats just to fit suspension in. Alternatively, I could have made my car 18" off the ground and fit everything, but that wouldn't be cool. Considered a ladder bar setup. Someone else suggested a Watts link. Parallel 4 link was impossible as the upper links would end up right where the seats are.
I understand that. I was trying to keep as much trunk and seat space as I could as well. I wanted this thing as low as I could go without building a tube chassis or channeling the body.

I ran out of welding wire this morning so I didn't get much accomplished. Plus I didn't have the extra time.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
cru_zn_29

Hi
I just finished reading about your 40 ford looking good. You have put a lot of time in setting your suspension. I started working on my 40 delivery in 2005 But it has been put on hold too many times. I Hope to finish the paint this week so i can put the body back on the frame.
Kenny
cru_zn_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cru_zn_29 View Post
Hi
I just finished reading about your 40 ford looking good. You have put a lot of time in setting your suspension. I started working on my 40 delivery in 2005 But it has been put on hold too many times. I Hope to finish the paint this week so i can put the body back on the frame.
Kenny
Kenny, that is a very nice 40 you have! Mine has been on hold many times as well. This year is the year. It's close but has so much that needs to be finished on it. I guess I'm due for an update here.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote