The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
ya, well canadians like to show off their beavers...
The thing with a busy beaver is yours may not be the only pond they are workin'...

I promise these will be the last of winter this year. Winter came on kind of hard during the time I went missing. We got a storm where it snowed 8", then went to sleet , then snow, then, rain, back to snow. Them other snows and some sleet. First picture is the small glacier slowly slipping it's way off the roof. Got to get those snow birds installed. It sleeted pellets for hours. See how it just rolled and spilled onto that cinder block? That stuff didn't melt too fast and made walking hard to do. I kept a spot clear below the bird feeder. The one picture shows the shiny crust on the surface. The snows we had after that storm would just blow off with the first wind. That one picture showing the small deep holes in the snow outside the garage door are a mystery to me. I've noticed them in snow before. There appears to be a slight yellowish tint on some
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-11-2021 at 09:35 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
4u2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The thing with a busy beaver is yours may not be the only pond they are workin'...

I promise these will be the last of winter this year. Winter came on kind of hard during the time I went missing. We got a storm where it snowed 8", then went to sleet , then snow, then, rain, back to snow. Them other snows and some sleet. First picture is the small glacier slowly slipping it's way off the roof. Got to get those snow birds installed. It sleeted pellets for hours. See how it just rolled and spilled onto that cinder block? That stuff didn't melt too fast and made walking hard to do. I kept a spot clear below the bird feeder. The one picture shows the shiny crust on the surface. The snows we had after that storm would just blow off with the first wind. That one picture showing the small deep holes in the snow outside the garage door are a mystery to me. I've noticed them in snow before. There appears to be a slight yellowish tint on some
Those marks in the snow , is that a chimney I see above ???? are those marks hot spots from sparks out of the chimney maybe ?????
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:13 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Hey look, Kansas is on fire... oh, guess it’s just that time of years.
All that flame just from burning grass? That's a lot of grass burning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Those marks in the snow , is that a chimney I see above ???? are those marks hot spots from sparks out of the chimney maybe ?????
What you see is just outside the garage door on my stone driveway. Other than the perfectly round holes, what you are seeing is gravel that came up while shoveling. I thought the holes might be the sun heating the stones causing them to melt their way down, but the holes are round and once the stone sank in the sun wouldn't be hitting it, and these holes go all the way down. I've noticed them before but never said anything. I've noticed them outside of friend's garages as well

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote