The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-22-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
scott123

Quick Fuel carb

I bought a truck that has ran like a top of several years. It has a Quick Fuel 650 Vac Sec. carburetor.

Last weekend toward the end of a drive the truck sort of stumbled at 55mph, I let up and then it picked back up and did not repeat itself.

This morning I left home and drove 20 or so miles into town with no issues. On the interstate coming home it felt like it 'ran out of gas'. I let up and back on the gas it clears up for a few minutes and then repeats itself.

On the Quick fuel what are the four 'jets' looking down from the op of the carburetor. First quick fuel for me, and just assumed it was a Holley since I bought it.

Scott
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 03:04 PM   #2
Sheepdip

Re: Quick Fuel carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott123 View Post
I bought a truck that has ran like a top of several years. It has a Quick Fuel 650 Vac Sec. carburetor.

Last weekend toward the end of a drive the truck sort of stumbled at 55mph, I let up and then it picked back up and did not repeat itself.

This morning I left home and drove 20 or so miles into town with no issues. On the interstate coming home it felt like it 'ran out of gas'. I let up and back on the gas it clears up for a few minutes and then repeats itself.

On the Quick fuel what are the four 'jets' looking down from the op of the carburetor. First quick fuel for me, and just assumed it was a Holley since I bought it.

Scott
Quick Fuel is a Holley Platform style carb. I have one myself, it's actually a step up in the Holley style carb department. They work wonderfully well.

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, plugged fuel filter, weak fuel pump, weak or bad power valve, I would start by proofing those items first in that order since the power valve is internal of the carb.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 04:46 PM   #3
scott123

Re: Quick Fuel carb

10-4.

I will check it out when the sun goes down.

Scott
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote