The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2023, 04:52 PM   #20
BCash

Re: Went for an alignment- positive camber& no shims

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangreen19 View Post
I still haven't figured this out on mine. That being said I have not had any time until now. I am going to check out the camber now that my springs have had 7 years to sag a bit....
Similar situation here, I've been scratching my head thinking of a good solution but haven't quite come up with a good one yet. Those smaller concave washers would help but probably wouldn't completely solve the problem.

I'm thinking the disc brake spindle is taller than the drum one which is causing the excessive positive camber. It's either that or the disc brake crossmember itself has the lower control arms mounted slightly further out. Those are the only two options I can see causing the geometry issue for our swaps. Unfortunately I scrapped the disc brake crossmember I got when I made the swap, mostly because I didn't want to go through the hassle of using it and assumed they were the same.

Anyways, update this thread if you figure out a good solution/answer to the riddle!