The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
You would have been better off with a c10 crossmember assembly because you would have all the correct steering linkage.
All you needed then was aftermarket 6-lug rotors.

Now you need to change the lower control arms (to the c10 version) and figure out how to get a c10 outer tie rod to fit a c10 spindle. Besides changing to c10 balljoints.
The crossmember itself will still work.

I own a set of the ECE ( 3/4-ton to 1/2-ton) conversion spindles you are talking about but don’t currently want to sell them. I’ll keep you in mind if I do.
Can you get me any identifying marks or part numbers on those spindles? So technically are you saying that it would in fact work if I had those spindles that you have? It seems like with what I already have that these spindles are the exact thing that I need. I could then just change brake components for new stuff and be done.

The issue with changing to all c10 components arms etc is that I might as well sell some of my crap and save up for an entire QA1 setup or something.

I would not mind changing the lower and upper control arms really. I just really want to just get it all figured out so that I can move forward. I just do not have the open budget or time to be able to make mistakes on parts. The shipping delays would seemingly put me into next summer.

Sucks because I have time now but not the big budget. As soon as I find my next position, I will have the budget and no time! FML!!
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:22 PM   #2
notsolo

The front axle in your photo appears to be 71-72 the control arms on later trucks had different bushings, and a big flat washer on the end, instead of the hex nut. Maybe someone an verify C 20 were different. I also have some measurements in my build thread that might help.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:26 PM   #3
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
The front axle in your photo appears to be 71-72 the control arms on later trucks had different bushings, and a big flat washer on the end, instead of the hex nut. Maybe someone an verify C 20 were different. I also have some measurements in my build thread that might help.
I believe only the 1/2-ton 73-87 trucks got rubber bushings.
I think the 3/4-ton and 1-ton trucks still got the steel bushings like the 63-72 trucks.
You can tell it’s a 73-87 front assemble because the rubber brake line bolts to the upper a-arm.
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:44 PM   #4
NDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
The guy that I bought this front clip from is very knowledgeable and was pretty sure that it came from an 84 C20.

I will hit up your build thread for sure.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote