The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2024, 04:31 PM   #12
OneBad71

Re: power steering box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo70C20 View Post
I have a 1970 Chevy K20, and i'm running a Redhead for the next gen model. Looks and bolts up the same, but has a heavier valving which gives the steering a more "truck like" feel. The Redhead steering box for my year felt like it had too much power steering , if that makes sense. I was told they did that back then so that the trucks felt more luxurious, and easier to turn. I found that the cheapest place to get it was Dales Super Store. They just have it drop shipped from Redhead. As far as a motor not making enough vacuum , just add a vacuum canister. Thats what i did for my 383 stroker. Way cheaper that doing hydroboost.
Thank you, I haven't heard about a vacumn canister ? I'll check out Summit on what they have. I would really like to go old school without the Hydro Boost, it would be a saving going that way ? Do you recall what you used ? Where does it mount ? If you have any pictures , that would be great.
OneBad71 is offline   Reply With Quote