The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
chevybuilder18

78 silverado stepside her names 'Quicksilver'

Hey everyone, as the title states im finally able to build my truck to what i want. I never thought the day would come whenever id make a build thread. But now its time. This is my first real project, where i have bought doors, new rear bumper, and first truck ive ever owned and drove. Plus the stepside might be all rusted, but that bed aint being replaced since the box is pretty much in decent condition, and the fact i have seen lowered custom c10 stepsides that have melted my heart. I coined the name Quicksilver from the old red paint as mercury is red and its often called quicksilver. and also from the name silverado, in my eyes the meaning of my trucks name is 'Hot silverado'. they made this truck have cruise control, which im keeping and restoring. But other things will change. V belt to Serpentine, lowering, 15X10 repro steely bowtie rear rims, front 15X8 repro rims steelys are of very much desire in future times.

Any ways, Right now im currently building the doors. Window channels will be in tomorrow after i put the window cranks in then it will all be finished. Door cards will be missed match, but i plan on repainting these decently handle objects. Ill post pics of it tomorrow. Up coming weeks will be a show of lowering the truck and how i did that. Hope you guys enjoy.
Posted via Mobile Device
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote