The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #226
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 77 Silverado Build thread

Yeah I think I would be anxious to get her out too!! its raining over here and well I don't have a/c so I usually count on my speed to be my a/c so you can imagine rain=no fun sunshine=raising a little hell in the neighborhood

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #227
THE "10" SILVERADO

Not much to update.

I pulled the rear brakes apart to find the cylinders leaking and the brakes worn down so much they weren't engaging. So I got it up to a shop and had the re-build the back brakes. Stops better now but the front end still needs work.

Also was able to get a new radiator and went cruising just a little. I love this engine and tranny. Sounds great at idle, is louder than any of the new camaro's I've come across, and takes off like a bat outta hell on the throttle and shifts quickly. My kind of truck. Only downside is it vibrates alot (cam and poly engine bushings) and now my doors rattle because I don't have door panels I can live with that though
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #228
77ChevySharkBite

Glad you got it out man finally!!! Just did a little cruising, what kind of exhaust you have on it?

Yeah that's prolly my next big project I want to get my brakes fixed and put new ones in the front

Haha you and me both man I have no panels my truck is pretty much bare metal but I love it!! Sounds good though man glad you enjoyed it!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #229
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Glad you got it out man finally!!! Just did a little cruising, what kind of exhaust you have on it?

Yeah that's prolly my next big project I want to get my brakes fixed and put new ones in the front

Haha you and me both man I have no panels my truck is pretty much bare metal but I love it!! Sounds good though man glad you enjoyed it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, really does feel great because it's been down for 8 months. its still got some cob webs on the hood and dirt all over it.

Exhaust is some magnaflow knockoffs, no cats, with Headman elite headers.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #230
77ChevySharkBite

Hey man ya got it going so no worries now just got to work the kinks and cobb webs out now, and yeah header and mufflers sound beautiful, I got longtube headers and 10 series flowmaster no cats best sound in the world lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #231
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Hey man ya got it going so no worries now just got to work the kinks and cobb webs out now, and yeah header and mufflers sound beautiful, I got longtube headers and 10 series flowmaster no cats best sound in the world lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I got some longtubes also, everyone said they flow better. I like that they peak out under the frame so you can see them looking from the side. Shows that there is something under the hood not stock!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #232
77ChevySharkBite

Yes sir!! I just have to turn mine over I like my stuff to blend in sort of so I have my headers black, so unless you pop my hood or know to look for headers you won't know, but yeah the more noise the better is the way I see it haha, I need to finish my exhaust though, I'm trying to get my bed off actually so I can start working on my frame. Truck is coming along very nice though man keep the work up!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #233
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Yes sir!! I just have to turn mine over I like my stuff to blend in sort of so I have my headers black, so unless you pop my hood or know to look for headers you won't know, but yeah the more noise the better is the way I see it haha, I need to finish my exhaust though, I'm trying to get my bed off actually so I can start working on my frame. Truck is coming along very nice though man keep the work up!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Drove it home the other day but I had to get gas. So I'm filling up and there is a new Camaro next to me. Of course the guy is kinda glancing over at my truck because of the cob webs, dirt, and missing front end trim and grill. I jump in the truck and start it up and it's idling (with the cam) and it's rather loud. He looks over kinda startled and then gets in his car and starts it and it's quiet as a Prius. The look on his face was pretty priceless.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #234
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Drove it home the other day but I had to get gas. So I'm filling up and there is a new Camaro next to me. Of course the guy is kinda glancing over at my truck because of the cob webs, dirt, and missing front end trim and grill. I jump in the truck and start it up and it's idling (with the cam) and it's rather loud. He looks over kinda startled and then gets in his car and starts it and it's quiet as a Prius. The look on his face was pretty priceless.

Yeah I got to get my gas fixed too, but the times I've went and got gas it's great or just cruise around because my truck is missing the whole grille and stuff and it's well rather loud too but yeah the people's expressions are great definitely make it's worth while for sure, if I was the guy in the camaro I'd been embarrassed lol
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #235
THE "10" SILVERADO

Well I've had the entire rear brakes done. I've changed rotors out which took out all of the jumping/shimming when braking. The rotors were so warped they only engaged for a couple of inches on and then didn't touch for the rest of the rotation.

Put grill in, and got the 1 ton sway bar installed.

Drove it to school today as it is now my daily. Really nice cept it has no A/C LOL. This thing hauls @$$. It's kinda dead at 1200 rpm and doesn't come to life till 2k (because of cam and high stall converter) but when it comes to life, it's spinning the tires. I've accidentally spun the tires several times at stop lights! I can chirp the tires hitting every gear if I want to as well. Impressed beyond words. So is my step-dad (first time I chirped second gear he goes "sh*t I didn't know it could do that!")

All of it done in time for prom tomorrow
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #236
77ChevySharkBite

Woohoo!!! I'll be expecting a burn out video soon!

Have a good time at prom man, remember you only have it once!

I'm not sure if you can, take a video of the truck running so I can hear your cam bro!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #237
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Woohoo!!! I'll be expecting a burn out video soon!

Have a good time at prom man, remember you only have it once!

I'm not sure if you can, take a video of the truck running so I can hear your cam bro!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Haha, I'll have to take it easy on the burnouts. These tires gotta last till I get some money for 275/60s! Dad's got a video of it on facebook but I can't seem to be able to download it. I'll try to get a video ideling and reving soon!

Thanks for the kind words!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #238
77ChevySharkBite

Haha I hear you man, gotta make them last no doubt, but can't wait to hear it should be awesome!!

And yeah man I had prom going on 5 years ago, I went to a private school me and 3 of my friends and our dates stayed pretty much to eat and then left and went to rain forest and to Galveston honestly wouldn't have changed it for anything it was a blast, I was driving a turboed Yukon and was racing a buddy doing 80 haha
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #239
JRANGER

Nice! Mines my DD now too....I my back brakes dont work at all so im looking at converting now too.. What kit did you go with?
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #240
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Haha I hear you man, gotta make them last no doubt, but can't wait to hear it should be awesome!!

And yeah man I had prom going on 5 years ago, I went to a private school me and 3 of my friends and our dates stayed pretty much to eat and then left and went to rain forest and to Galveston honestly wouldn't have changed it for anything it was a blast, I was driving a turboed Yukon and was racing a buddy doing 80 haha
Posted via Mobile Device
I go to a private school as well with a strict "no dancing" rule. We are just going for dinner then we are going over to a friends house to chill. I'm pretty confident I can take any of the vehicles in the parking lot 'cept a few new Camaros (everyone is like filthy rich here) so I might get a little racing in
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #241
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I go to a private school as well with a strict "no dancing" rule. We are just going for dinner then we are going over to a friends house to chill. I'm pretty confident I can take any of the vehicles in the parking lot 'cept a few new Camaros (everyone is like filthy rich here) so I might get a little racing in

Haha nice!!! Yeah same way out school was but people raised enough noise and we had it off campus and they let us, if you do race be safe man, I've done 120 and yes it's an adernaline rush but make sure it's open roads if you race and you make sure you stay safe above all else
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #242
THE "10" SILVERADO

Well, long story about douche-y friend stealing a girl but I'm going to have a lot more money rolling into the truck now!

Here are some updates.

Got the grill installed (looks pretty bad@ss amiright?) <-- I've already posted this but I can't stop looking at it

1 ton sway bar with new poly bushings. Ran out of grease in my gun so I have the creaaaaks like crap already handles better than my mom's 05 F150 (which was my DD for months). Seriously, I can make a turn and it doesn't budge at all. I on the other hand fly all around the cab on the bounchy bench seat.

I'm going to need to save money for some new tires. I've been burning mine off pretty well

I've also calculated that with my driving my gas mileage sucks balls. $20 barely gets me less than 40 miles.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #243
77ChevySharkBite

Welcome to the life of old school carbed trucks man! As fast as you can fill it up the faster it falls lol

Sorry to hear about the friend stealing a girl, that's pretty wack if you ask me definitely a real friend when that stuff goes down.

Haha yeah gotta make sure to keep those tires on there but I'm sure it's pretty hard lol

The grill look pretty!! I like it man!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #244
Big Rat

Quote:
I go to a private school as well with a strict "no dancing" rule.
Dude, seriously?! Does Kevin Bacon break it down in old factories and live in your town and listen to music too loud and drive a VW beetle?!! No dancing?! Do the teachers still beat the students with yard sticks too?!

Quote:
Well, long story about douche-y friend stealing a girl but I'm going to have a lot more money rolling into the truck now!
Just remember, a truck will never break your heart... piss you off and bankrupt you, but NEVER break your heart! I'll be honest, I need to go back and read your thread but just wanted to let you know, I'm lurkin...

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #245
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
Dude, seriously?! Does Kevin Bacon break it down in old factories and live in your town and listen to music too loud and drive a VW beetle?!! No dancing?! Do the teachers still beat the students with yard sticks too?!

Just remember, a truck will never break your heart... piss you off and bankrupt you, but NEVER break your heart! I'll be honest, I need to go back and read your thread but just wanted to let you know, I'm lurkin...
Haha that's cool. I really do love the humor you put into your build thread. Going through my thread you'll see the transformation from guy who knows nothing about trucks to guy who knows a little bit more about trucks!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #246
Big Rat

Just remember, it's not about how much you know, but how much fun you have along the way. I know nothing and look at me, my truck is in pieces! Wait...
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #247
Jabes1

Nice build... just stopping on in. Thought I would add that hiding the wiring on these trucks really cleans up the bay and its not hard to do. Run the wiring on the fire wall underneath by the trans tunnel. There is a recess in that area the wiring fits into nicely and none of it gets hot, just be smart when running it. The wiring at the front of the truck can be run along the bottom of the core support. Just an idea...
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #248
Big Rat

Not trying to hijack, just playing catch up, hope you don't mind Michael.
Quote:
Also wanted to share my parents rides that I helped with. First is my step-dads 1967 Chevelle SS with a 454. (yes I know SS were 396). Next is my mom's 1978 Trans Am "Bandit" with a 403 Olds.
Um, yeah. You just got way cooler in my book!

Quote:
I got Eagle scout tonight. 100th of troop 144.
And even cooler!!! Good for you dude-guy! Congrats!

Quote:
Really great news today. We are selling the Chevelle
I never thought I would hear somebody say this is good news!
Quote:
and are going to buy a 57 Chevy
Any tri-five looks good parked next to Chevelles and Trans-Ams. Just a thought for your brain and car collection.

Quote:
almost broke my face
Now that is just funny.

Quote:
I don't care for the 81+ front end, except the later 4 light 'burbs. I'm sticking to the round eyes. I think you'll like the 91 'burb front end.
I agree with you. I see it as, if you like a different style front clip, just go buy the truck so you can have all the different styles! I wish my wallet could support my reasoning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzilla View Post
Tell me about it! On the bright side, at least you get to work on yours indoors as opposed to me having to work on it outside and then drive out of town to get to where it is at and then only on Sunday's after church!
I feel for your guys that have to build your projects like this. Much respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
hmm interesting...My parking brake doesnt work but all lines seem to be there...
Did you ever get this sorted out?

Quote:
Yeah, the front end is jacked up
Not sure if you are talking about malfunctioning components or tall suspension, but some 3" drop spindles and a cut coil will solve unsightly wheel gap!
Quote:
Been almost an entire year since I got to drive it much.
Wish I could say that. 2002 since I drove mine last. Stop bragging!

Quote:
I can chirp the tires hitting every gear if I want to as well. Impressed beyond words.
A good chirp from gear to gear never fails to impress. Chicks dig it.

Quote:
All of it done in time for prom tomorrow
Since dancing is against the rules, I guess you'll have to do burnouts and show off your chrome to entertain your lady friends!

Great build man. I'm impressed. I like your approach and your patience. Just doing what you can and never getting discouraged is a good way to be.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #249
JRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
Not trying to hijack, just playing catch up, hope you don't mind Michael.
Um, yeah. You just got way cooler in my book!

And even cooler!!! Good for you dude-guy! Congrats!

I never thought I would hear somebody say this is good news!
Any tri-five looks good parked next to Chevelles and Trans-Ams. Just a thought for your brain and car collection.

Now that is just funny.

I agree with you. I see it as, if you like a different style front clip, just go buy the truck so you can have all the different styles! I wish my wallet could support my reasoning!

I feel for your guys that have to build your projects like this. Much respect.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Not sure if you are talking about malfunctioning components or tall suspension, but some 3" drop spindles and a cut coil will solve unsightly wheel gap! Wish I could say that. 2002 since I drove mine last. Stop bragging!

A good chirp from gear to gear never fails to impress. Chicks dig it.

Since dancing is against the rules, I guess you'll have to do burnouts and show off your chrome to entertain your lady friends!

Great build man. I'm impressed. I like your approach and your patience. Just doing what you can and never getting discouraged is a good way to be.

Nope...but i think it just needs to be tightened and my rear brakes are out right now
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #250
Big Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
Nope...but i think it just needs to be tightened and my rear brakes are out right now
I have some pictures of the park brake set up. I just barely removed it so it's fresh in my mind how it goes. If you need help, pm me so Michael doesn't hurt me for hijacking!
Posted via Mobile Device