The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #251
Stitch
Account Suspended

Re: My Crewcab Shortbed

Lol that's about right
Posted via Mobile Device
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #252
Stitch
Account Suspended

The Coys, rear disk brake kit, spindles and flip kit are all for sale in the for sale section now
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #253
joe231

so what is the plan now?
buy more stuff after getting it running?
Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #254
Stitch
Account Suspended

Im actually probably not going to be doing anything to the crew for a long time besides getting it running. I need to get some money to pay off some bills so we can refi our house. And I've got so much to do around the house finishing up projects before they come out for the appraisal for the refi. So i figured if I'm not gonna be using them for a good long while I might as well sell some of this stuff
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #255
joe231

gotcha
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #256
BGRAFX
Account Suspended

Wanna sell?
Posted via Mobile Device
BGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #257
Stitch
Account Suspended

Wanna sell what? The crewcab? Noway. I'm keeping the truck. Just selling all the stuff I had to customize it. I can always buy that stuff again later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #258
Stitch
Account Suspended

So I'm keeping everything because financially my wife and I came up with a different solution so I could keep my toys.

On that note……

Me and Dennis were talking the other night and he said that I needed to name the crewcab and then I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of her again. I'm not too big on naming vehicles. I Used to hang out with a guy that named his mustang Gwen. I thought that was the weirdest thing and I actually thought he needed help lol. So I'm not really into it. But I do feel as though the crewcab needs a name like Dennis said. So I'm going against the norm and I'm gonna name her. I went back and forth but I finally came up with a good name. Being the fact that she's been traded and sold and bought and traded and sold and bought and she gets around I have named her…

'The Whore'

Last edited by Stitch; 10-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #259
palposity

If you get vanity plates that have that name on them make sure the guy in the Chester van doesn't think the truck's name is really yours!
Posted via Mobile Device
Project #1 "Pops"--1980 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 3rd Generation in the same original owner family. GOAL: Restore to "almost" original.
View Project Pops HERE

Project #2 "Cletus"--1986 Chevy K20 4.10 Gear Ratio GOAL: Restore into a heavy duty work/plow rig
View Project Cletus HERE - SOLD

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
palposity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #260
Stitch
Account Suspended

If I get vanity plates that say dawhore lol I'll be ruined here in town. I live in the bible belt. I'll be banished to the land of outkasts and child molesters lmao
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #261
menace121978

WOW! your too much tucker. its too plain though! put 'man' or 'bag' in front of it and then i think you got something seriously though... name her stitch, or tucker or something else!!

1978 Silverado (2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed)complete nut & bolt frame off restomod LQ9/4L80E
MY LS SWAP/FRAME OFF BUILD BOOK

2006 TBSS way too much to list
menace121978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #262
Stitch
Account Suspended

Nah. She's gonna be the whore. That is what she is afterall lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #263
87 chevy silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Nah. She's gonna be the whore. That is what she is afterall lol
Posted via Mobile Device

that is defiantly true
87 chevy silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #264
palposity

vanity plates chester!!!!!
Project #1 "Pops"--1980 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 3rd Generation in the same original owner family. GOAL: Restore to "almost" original.
View Project Pops HERE

Project #2 "Cletus"--1986 Chevy K20 4.10 Gear Ratio GOAL: Restore into a heavy duty work/plow rig

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
Old 10-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #265
JohnC

Quote:
...... I went back and forth but I finally came up with a good name. Being the fact that she's been traded and sold and bought and traded and sold and bought and she gets around I have named her…

'The Whore'

That's good!
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #266
Stitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by palposity View Post
vanity plates chester!!!!!
Now why would I wanna go and warn the kids like that
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #267
palposity

View Project Pops HERE

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #268
Stitch
Account Suspended

So after a long talk with my wife Laura, we've decided that the diesel is going to stay. Also I'm going to do as much of a budget build on the Whore as possible. I need the Whore to be able to be my anything anytime anywhere truck. There so many things that I do on a daily and weekly basis that I need a 'truck' not a show truck. I need something I'm not afraid to get dirty and be rough with. I figured what better to be dirty and rough with than the Whore lol. Also I need it to carry the family if need be in the process so the crewcab fits all that criteria or it will when I'm done anyways.

The new plans have to be revised because of the budget. The frame is going to get stripped and sent of to the welder with the 1 ton front frame section I got from Josh. So yes the truck is going to be converted to a 1 ton 4x4. While at the welder they are going to graft the front frame onto the crewcab frame and then they are going to fishplate and box the frame both places it's been cut. They are also going to check the other weld where the frame was shortened and make sure everything there is good to go.

When the frame gets back. I'm going to get the rear 1 ton shackles hangers and springs uo under the frame. I'm also going to flip the rear shackle to get 4" of lift out of the rear. I'm gonna need to get a D60 for the front and 4" springs for the front. I'm also going to convert the steering to cross over steering while I'm at it.

Once I have the truck back as a roller, I'm gonna put the 6.2/th400 outta the farm truck into the Whore. Then I have to find a transmission, transfer case and have the driveshafts modified. I'll drive the truck with one driveshaft until I can get the right tranny, transfercase and the driveshafts done.

The truck is going to be repainted in OD green flat paint. That way if it gets scratched it'll be easily repaired. The entire inside of the cab, and under hood will be painted semi gloss black. Under the cab will be undercoated and inside the cab will have some sound deadener especially inside the doors. I'll also be mounting my power mirrors up and painting them and the rest of the trim including the door handles semi gloss black.

Since I'm raising the truck up, I'm gonna need some taller tires. I'm gonna get a set of H1 Hummer wheels and recenter them and mount up some 36s. The H1 wheels will also be painted semi gloss black. I'll also be getting a heavy duty front and rear bumper and be mounting up a winch in the front.

Right now that's about all I can think of. I know this is a book. I'm writing this on the phone so I can't review what I've written very well. I'll reread it tonight when I get home and edit if I left something out.

I know some people are going to be pretty upset I'm not going full-out on this truck. But because I'm doing the budget build, I'll be able to get the farm truck into the garage and go full-out on it. There will not be a small budget on the farm truck.

Thanks for reading my book and if you have any suggestions please post them up. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Stitch; 10-31-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #269
nbpro
Account Suspended

glad everything worked out so you can keep your toys
nbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:18 PM   #270
Stitch
Account Suspended

Me too Gary. Im really glad things worked out the way they did
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #271
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Sounds good man. The only thing I would do diffrent is running H2 wheels instead of H1's. I have had issues in the past with the o-rings leaking, etc. Besides, do you need beadlocks? Not knocking, just curious. Also, the rear shackle mounts I gave you are longer than a regular 4x4 so you might not need to flip it to get 4 inches lift. Would likely be more like 6-8 give or take.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #272
palposity

Quote:
So after a long talk with my wife Laura, we've decided that the diesel is going to stay. Also I'm going to do as much of a budget build on the Whore as possible. I need the Whore to be able to be my anything anytime anywhere truck. There so many things that I do on a daily and weekly basis that I need a 'truck' not a show truck. I need something I'm not afraid to get dirty and be rough with. I figured what better to be dirty and rough with than the Whore lol. Also I need it to carry the family if need be in the process so the crewcab fits all that criteria or it will when I'm done anyways.

The new plans have to be revised because of the budget. The frame is going to get stripped and sent of to the welder with the 1 ton front frame section I got from Josh. So yes the truck is going to be converted to a 1 ton 4x4. While at the welder they are going to graft the front frame onto the crewcab frame and then they are going to fishplate and box the frame both places it's been cut. They are also going to check the other weld where the frame was shortened and make sure everything there is good to go.

When the frame gets back. I'm going to get the rear 1 ton shackles hangers and springs uo under the frame. I'm also going to flip the rear shackle to get 4" of lift out of the rear. I'm gonna need to get a D60 for the front and 4" springs for the front. I'm also going to convert the steering to cross over steering while I'm at it.

Once I have the truck back as a roller, I'm gonna put the 6.2/th400 outta the farm truck into the Whore. Then I have to find a transmission, transfer case and have the driveshafts modified. I'll drive the truck with one driveshaft until I can get the right tranny, transfercase and the driveshafts done.

The truck is going to be repainted in OD green flat paint. That way if it gets scratched it'll be easily repaired. The entire inside of the cab, and under hood will be painted semi gloss black. Under the cab will be undercoated and inside the cab will have some sound deadener especially inside the doors. I'll also be mounting my power mirrors up and painting them and the rest of the trim including the door handles semi gloss black.

Since I'm raising the truck up, I'm gonna need some taller tires. I'm gonna get a set of H1 Hummer wheels and recenter them and mount up some 36s. The H1 wheels will also be painted semi gloss black. I'll also be getting a heavy duty front and rear bumper and be mounting up a winch in the front.

Right now that's about all I can think of. I know this is a book. I'm writing this on the phone so I can't review what I've written very well. I'll reread it tonight when I get home and edit if I left something out.

I know some people are going to be pretty upset I'm not going full-out on this truck. But because I'm doing the budget build, I'll be able to get the farm truck into the garage and go full-out on it. There will not be a small budget on the farm truck.

Thanks for reading my book and if you have any suggestions please post them up. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Stitch, can you please provide some more detail about your plans? Don't leave us hangin' with these short teaser posts!!!!
View Project Pops HERE

DD--2008 Duramax CCSB
Old 11-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #273
Stitch
Account Suspended

When I get off work tonight I could tell you exactly how I'm gonna turn every wrench and weld every weld. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #274
Walts_restoration
Real Projects never die

If you go with a dual rear wheel d60 and matching rear, then you dont need to recenter the h1's, just a thought. Or just go with a d44 for now to save costs and d60 down the road. Just food for thought. i still want a crew cab shortbed 4x4.

My name tag says Ryan

KansasTwister On other forums
Walts_restoration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #275
Stitch
Account Suspended

Finding a d44 or d60 right now for a good price is killing me. I found some 10 bolt front and rear axles, but I don't know if I wanna buy them just yet because I could use that money towards a dana.

And I know about the drw axles working for the h1 wheels but I'm having a hard enough time finding anything at all lol.
Posted via Mobile Device