The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

1949-50 3100

1949-50 3100

I say its a 49-50 because the owner says its a 49 but everything under the cab says 50 up and the windows and door handles say pre 51. Not that it matters but its always nice to know that its not a franken truck when you start the project. This is a customer job so its going to go fairly fast but not monkey fast or Foose fast. I'm doing the chassis, engine and body metal work and the body finishing and paint work go to a painter I do work for. Then it comes back for assembly of the large items, Cab , bed , engine final setup.

This is a truck that has already been resto'd once and was really an on chassis paint job. The body looks good from the outside. I'm hoping that when its apart and blasted it still looks reasonably good. I didn't see a lot of paint blisters from this 8 year old paint so maybe its ok and I'll have to do minimal rust and metal work.

Its all original other than a 12v conversion so all the drive line and brakes are being replace with an S10 cross member weld in and four wheel Disc and a 5.3 connect and cruise package. I went with S10 and off the shelf pieces because its going to be a daily driver and want time and mileage proven parts on it.

So far the specs are:

Front end
Scott Danforth front cross member. Based on GM Metric A-arms and components. (GM Metric include the '78-'88 El Camino, Malibu, Cutlass, Monte Carlo, S-10, Camaro etc. These chassis are also used as the basis for many racing applications, so tubular upper and lower A-arms large brakes, etc. are available) He supplies the weldment you supply the A-arms and components.

Drive line
CPSLC94L65E CONNECT & CRUISE - LC9 5.3L & 4L65E PACKAGE
it's a stock 5.3 crate with the trans and controller and PCM with harness.

12 bolt 3:23 w/ disc kit . Spring suspension. No bags or air.

Boxed frame
AC unit
Under bed gas tank. TBD

I'll post pictures as I have them. Saturday I get it delivered to my shop and will take some "as is" pictures
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote