The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #351
65 old school

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

Looking great! Keep stockpiling up the parts with that extra money. You'll get around to put them on later. Spend that 7th day with your family.HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!! Or she will just take the truck in the DIVORCE....
65 old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #352
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 old school View Post
Looking great! Keep stockpiling up the parts with that extra money. You'll get around to put them on later. Spend that 7th day with your family.HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!! Or she will just take the truck in the DIVORCE....
ouch!

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #353
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
ouch!
i'll second that, lol!! but no she wouldnt take my truck from me, she would take a bat to if first, no joke she said that!! anyways i'll get around to the putting the parts on, and buying more!

i got to get fireworks for the kids, last year me and my two uncles spend $500 on fireworks for a family bbq/get together!! it was great, we are talking about doing it again this yr! but not as many family members will be at this one, but it will still be a good time!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #354
clemdaddy

hey chad, i'm liking the mex blankets. they're spot on with the door panels. also the engine dressup stuff is cool. just now went through your build thread and you're doing a great job.
we missed you at the bbq but there will be other years...

keep it going and by the way where are you on the body work?

clem
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #355
flips72

whens the bbq? im hungry allready
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #356
chad64chevy

clem, as far as the body work goes! i got to do both lower door panel patches and both rockers, then done my hood scoop, tilt hood, finish my wheel tubs, then i should be ready for paint!! my plan lately is to get the motor and trans done, then get the cab all done and start driving it while i do the body work!

flips the bbq/fireworks is on the fourth, you coming?? i'll save you a plate if you are, lol!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #357
chad64chevy

well, i havent posted in my thread for awhile! anyways i dont have a real update, as far as the truck gos! i'm not getting the air compressor from my uncle, my other uncle wants it and since i really dont have a place to putting it other then my storage! i told him that he come get it and i would just get the wleder from him, i be getting the welder from him friday if he is home!

i have just been working alot lately, had to work 12hrs. on the fourth, got to love double time! forum member "oklahomaduner" has a c50/c60 grille that i have been wanting to get for my truck for awhile now! so i'll be able to keep my dent free aluminum grille, i've thought about saleing it a few times but didnt know what its really worth! i'll be getting the grille from him in a week or two, i'll have to work it into my work schdule to go get it from him! i may just send hime the moneyu and see if i can get him to ship it to me! we'll see, anyways i'll have a real update in a week or two, i have been doing some painting of small parts like the rest of the heater box, buying a few small parts to finish some of the other things i have started but jumped to something else, you guys know how it is when you get tired of one thing and move on! i'm not gone, just working alot lately!!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #358
chad64chevy

well its been awhile, since i have done anything but i do have a small update!!

i got the hobart 140 welder from my uncle since i was really the only one that has used it! and its still on its first spool of wire, so its like new!! not bad for $400 for the welder, argon tank, about half what he paid for it all new! i still got to go get the rest of the stuff like gloves, jacket, helmet, cutters, etc. all which is still new!

i also got a set of cab trim sail clips! not to sure if i want to take the time to remake a few set of these or not, they real only have a slight bend in them and can be made out of 16ga.! i got a 18" metal brake bender that i could use to make them! i think i might try to make them atleast one set , just to see if i can!!

anyways thats it for now, next i'll be getting a few parts from some forum members, like 'oklahomaduner' that has a c50/c60 grille to make a grille like this one or just leave the bowtie to be different, either way it will still get painted silver like all the trim pieces i'll be painting! i'll also be getting some fiberglass front fenders from 'hop sing' I'm wondering how the fiberglass fenders will fit does anyone know??
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #359
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.

Nice little welder! with a tank & regulator too?
I don't know how tank rental works where you are, but you may need to get it switched to your name for refill.
Pretty sweet deal!
You should be able to do some real damage with that!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #360
chad64chevy

thanks Modges, it came with a 80 cu. ft. tank 3/4 full, i dont have to worry about tank refills at all just take it in!

i got the 60 gal. puma air compressor for $350 from my uncle used about ten times, 3.2 h.p, 150 max psi, it will get put to work when i get a 4'x4' slab poured for it!! i thinking of building a storage building just for it, so its some what protected! anyways heres some pictures! sorry about the last picture my hand was shaking
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #361
McMurphy

Nice scores Chad !!
You are going to be playing with the big boys soon if you keep this up!!
I hesitated and lost out on an air compressor that size off CL for $300, and I regret it now.
On the other hand I am going to be SOOOOOOO over my weight limit when the movers come to pack my stuff as it is. No doubt I am going to have to pay a penalty when it is all said and done, but it is still a great service the Military offers us (professional packing and shipping when we move between duty stations) so I cannot b**ch about it.

By the way, the leathers are nice, but I have not had a need for them so far. On the other hand I have not done any inverted welding either. And go get an auto darkening hood, I swear it is a game changer and well worth the $150-ish !!!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #362
chad64chevy

thanks mcmurphy, the welder did come with a auto darkening helmet plus i have three others, two need the plastic lens fixed from welding splatter, had them for a lil bit now! i have been doing my welding with my uncles welder before i bought it from him, before that i had a flux-core welder! i have been welding for like the last 6 yrs. on and off, side jobs, tinkering and stuff like that!! welding up-side-down sucks, lol! which i'll have to do when i double box my c-notches!

i'm trying to get my truck done by march 18th. atleast drivable, with the interior done, with all the gaskets replaced! will see if i can get it done, the wife hasnt said anything since i got about 10 box of parts out of my bedroom closet, lol!

update about work, i got a day off, lol! only cause my hours are changing monday, i'm going to be working second shift now, instead of third since its staying above 100* til like oct.-nov.!!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #363
65 old school

WOW, wish I had a uncle like that! nice scores... Now hurry up and get you're truck done!
65 old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #364
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 old school View Post
Now hurry up and get you're truck done!
pitter patter chad

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
Old 08-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #365
chad64chevy

thanks guys for the comments, having an air compressor and a better welder i'll be able to get the truck done! i still need to get some smaller parts so i can finish the bigger things i have been doing so it would look like i have do something! still looks like i have to wait til sept. atleast to do the big back window or if i can switch to first shift at work and it will be sooner! i get some stuff done in the next week or two and post it up, been a lil busy with work and the family the truck gets put on hold, i still have been buying things i need, just waiting for them to show up!!

since i started working second shift i dont like it, less hours and working 7 days! so i talked to the supervisor on first shift about switching and they told me to talk to H.R. today when i go in, they need people on first anyways! first shift is: 50-60hrs. monday-friday a lil more pay and have the weekends off, its a lil harder to get on first shift but they need people in the factory department i have been helping in on second, second shift is 41-52hrs. 6-7 days aweek more b.s.!!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #366
Dinos63
chevy only

Nice stuff kat!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #367
coulter

nice score on the new tools!!! sry to hear u are having to work so much.. and ya that sounds like bs about the second shift.. haveing to work more days with less hours.. that sux.. i was having to work alot of overtime for about 6 months... im glad that is over with.. im back to 40hrs a week now.

bagged 66 longbed build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=449548

my favorite colors.. black, rust, and shiny!!!! instagram: @coulter918
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #368
chad64chevy

ya second shift sucks, i'll find something out tonight about going to first, i hope!! if anything hopefully i'll know something this week!! it make it hard to go do anything working 6-7 days a week!!
the wife is wanting to go to tulsa to see her family, and get a group picture with all the kids and grandkids!! havnt had a group picture like that it 4-5 yrs so it will be good to have done!! but she said she'll wait til i go to first and get weekends off again, so we can go to the swapmeets and stuff, that would be great!!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #369
chad64chevy

while i do have a work update!! i'll be going to first in two weeks, got the transfer in and approved!! i'm hoping to get the fiberglass fenders from 'hop sing' this next week or so, they will be paid for in the mourning or when i hear back from him, then i'll be waiting on them to get here so i can get some picture updates for you guys!! then next week i'll send the money for the grille from oklahomaduner, have him send it to me and buy so other parts for the motor so i can get that done too!! anyways a small update but atleast i will be having my weekends off again and thats the great news!!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #370
clemdaddy

chad, thats great on the shift change... its all coming around for you now buddy. we need your progress reports and pics as much as you do.

geter goin'
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #371
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
we need your progress reports and pics as much as you do.

geter goin'
ya, x2 man, we have been very patient with you mister!!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #372
flips72

good deal on the tools, very glad to hear about the shift change as well. like craiger said .... get to work
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #373
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
like craiger said .... get to work
lol, ya! i have been getting that alot lately! i still need to get a few other things to finish some of the other stuff i have been doing!! i ordered a few wrong parts, and have had to send them back, and reorder the right parts!!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #374
chad64chevy

i got the day off and had a birthday party to go to, then we went to the lake to go out on the pontoon boat and swim! so no work on the truck today, it was a family day! made the wife happy, that we all got to go to the lake, she surprized me with the birthday party, found out about it last night! so surprized her and i told her lets go to the lake out on the pontoon boat!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #375
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
i got the day off and had a birthday party to go to, then we went to the lake to go out on the pontoon boat and swim! so no work on the truck today, it was a family day! made the wife happy, that we all got to go to the lake, she surprized me with the birthday party, found out about it last night! so surprized her and i told her lets go to the lake out on the pontoon boat!!
Nice! HBD!
That family time should earn you some truck time too