The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #376
Orangetonicclicc

Re: 1967 C10 Urban Retro

As you can see from underneath the bends are really good. It's just where it gets hairy for me? I'm guessing I need some T-fittings, I have stainless flex line coming off the caliper but I just don't see how they will reach? My other question is about the rear. I assumed it would have it own line going from one rotor to the other but I have no more remaining lines after I get the shipping bend out the front to rear and buy all my fittings I guess I can have a better grasp on this. I'm learning that disc/disc are a little different than disc to drums because of the prop valve. (Sigh)Name:  image.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  58.0 KB
Orangetonicclicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #377
Orangetonicclicc

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  24.7 KB

I also have to buy a new rear flex hose... It seems like each line had it's own line designated to the prop valve. Not sure but I will find out tomorrow for sure after I get this Right front brake line understood.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #378
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 776
Size:  46.2 KB

Disc/Disc Brake conversion 101... Now it's starting to click!
Old 11-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #379
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 896
Size:  45.3 KB

Looks like I may have to do something like this, with the hose clamps!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #380
Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetonicclicc View Post
Attachment 1324020

Looks like I may have to do something like this, with the hose clamps!
I did it that way with mine. I considered welding the tabs on the axle tube but figured stainless clamps would be enough.

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #381
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
I did it that way with mine. I considered welding the tabs on the axle tube but figured stainless clamps would be enough.

Thanks man! That picture help me tremendously. You don't mind if I pick your brain do ya? I bought this kit from POL but I don't seem like I have enough lines to complete the rear axel portion. Where did you get yours and do you have some more detailed front pictures? Also I need to know how many t fittings that I need to complete this application. I have none and need to replace them all! I have the C-Clamps and hose to caliper. But that's it! I really need some help! If you can?
Old 11-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #382
Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetonicclicc View Post
Thanks man! That picture help me tremendously. You don't mind if I pick your brain do ya? I bought this kit from POL but I don't seem like I have enough lines to complete the rear axel portion. Where did you get yours and do you have some more detailed front pictures? Also I need to know how many t fittings that I need to complete this application. I have none and need to replace them all! I have the C-Clamps and hose to caliper. But that's it! I really need some help! If you can?
No problem. My kit was from Tom's Classic on eBay, but I'm thinkin' they are all pretty similar. I bent up plain steel new lines from my local Advance Auto to run from the original "T" fitting on the axle out to the tabs to connect to the flexible lines supplied in the kit.

There are more pictures in my build thread in my signature and there's also a post about the adapter fitting I had to use to go from the proportioning valve to the original front brake line.

I hope that helps! I can take more detailed pictures of anything you need. Just let me know.

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #383
Xeen

Ok so here's the run down on the disc/disc set up for the 1967.
The T for the back is permanently crimped to the flexible hose which is mounted to the rear suspension crossmember at one end and to the axle at the other.
For the front T the hard line runs directly into it from the prop valve then it splits off to hard lines that go to a flex hose for each front caliper.
The diagram you posted is inaccurate for this application, for both the front/rear the prop valve feeds into a T then splits off to each individual wheel.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #384
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Ok so here's the run down on the disc/disc set up for the 1967.
The T for the back is permanently crimped to the flexible hose which is mounted to the rear suspension crossmember at one end and to the axle at the other.
For the front T the hard line runs directly into it from the prop valve then it splits off to hard lines that go to a flex hose for each front caliper.
The diagram you posted is inaccurate for this application, for both the front/rear the prop valve feeds into a T then splits off to each individual wheel.
Thanks Brian,

I spoke to the tech again and I guess that kit don't come with the rear axel hard lines. Which left me completely confused, I bought the remaining lines. The T-fitting and flex hose in question in the rear that you are referring to is gone and needs replacing, I'm hoping that I can just buy one of those from a local part store with the fittings. Once again! Thanks again!
Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #385
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 765
Size:  66.0 KB

I guess my biggest dilemma was a lack of parts. When I purchased this kit. I specially asked if there were any additional parts that I may need to complete this installation (i.e. Fittings, connections, lines, etc etc...) I told him, I have no problem buying the rest I just need to know. Now I realize that everything I asked him, if I would need, and he said no, comes to find out, I need? As I go through the forum, I notice that this seems to be the biggest headache of many of the members! THE DREADED BRAKELINES!! Well I'm going to pull them off and take them to a hose store that specialize in fittings to complete this application. My caliper hose fitting are not matching my hard line fittings nor will they fit through my hose locks and clamps. This wouldn't bother me as much if I bought all this from different places but it ALL came from the same vendor?
Old 11-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #386
Orangetonicclicc

I was a little hesitant about straightening the shipping bend out of the front to rear brake line, thinking I may have to send this back. But after getting the lines from the prop valve some what figured out. I decided to bite the bullet and install it. It's actually mocked up terrific! Unfortunately I ordered a 1972 rear end brake flex hose from a local part store. Good thing Brian (Xeen) one of the members who's actually had to hold my hand thru this build lately caught it and told me. Sooo... I just have to get the right one! I tried to order a 1967 but it didn't even show up on O'Reily's part search. So I just said 72? You really gotta know these old school trucks!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  33.8 KB
Old 11-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #387
Xeen

When you are talking to a salesman chances are you aren't talking to a guy who has actually built one of these so they aren't going to know what you need to complete the installation, like brake hoses, line Unions and Tee connectors etc. which is why I always ask someone who knows before I order parts if I am unsure about what all I need.
I was looking up the part numbers for the brake line kits and there are two different part numbers for STD and PWR brakes I wonder which one you ordered.

Last edited by Xeen; 11-14-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Xeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #388
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 747
Size:  52.9 KBWent to Tulsa Brake and Clutch to get unions to complete this application. After calling Orielly and they didn't have the rear brake line in stock. I got the lengths and fittings I need and went back in TB&C and had one made in like 3 minutes. I asked him to make it a little longer just in case. On my lucnch break, I drilled my caliper lock clamps out for them to fit through.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #389
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 723
Size:  39.7 KB

Decided to do some inventory on my parts! Stocking up for the winter for a summer finale!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #390
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 716
Size:  41.4 KB

Only a few more things remaining to buy. Things like my AC Unit, get my. Drive Shaft cut and balanced after installing the tranny, I have a few more suspension items like relocating my shocks and a front sway bar and a pan arm bar. Plus I still need to get my stainless fuel lines bent.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #391
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 720
Size:  49.8 KB

My plan is to have everything electrical from my remote lock and alarm to my stereo system, down to every plug to my lights, so when I drop it off to be wired. All electrical components will be done! I also need to get my exhaust too! This may be one of the best summers in a looooongg time!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #392
sduckworth13

Nice work on everything, especially the rear brakes. Everything looks very clean and professional done.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #393
Orangetonicclicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Nice work on everything, especially the rear brakes. Everything looks very clean and professional done.
Scott,

Those aren't my rear brakes. I'm waiting on my rear stainless hard lines and I intend to do them like those... Thanks! I'm really trying to do it right and get it done. Had a few bumps in the road lately, that's really discouraged me. But hopefully I can continue to moved forward soon!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #394
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 692
Size:  53.3 KB

Finally got my rear stainless brake lines in... Mock fit to check bends! Not
Old 11-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #395
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 690
Size:  44.7 KB

Closer look at the caliper hose to hard line mock up.... A little adjusting and clamp fab work will be needed but I think it will look good when it's all done...
Old 11-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #396
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 675
Size:  42.2 KB

Thanks to Dan from 67c10Rustbuket for making me a template to re drill my pre-existing holes back out! Great job! It's perfect! Even from the size of the holes!
Old 11-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #397
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 666
Size:  43.0 KB

Two piece template. Because I still had some of my holes remaining it was an easy match up! I used masking tape to protect my paint and drill my holes...
Old 11-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #398
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 669
Size:  46.9 KB

I will be sending Dan his template back so he can perfect it and make it a one piece! It took minutes to duplicate the holes! Wow! I just love this forum!
Old 11-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #399
Orangetonicclicc

Views: 661
Size:  39.1 KB

These hood letters are the only molding I chose to keep on my 67. I had second thoughts after paint. But it was too late because I never covered the holes. Well except for the bondo that covered some and was painted over making it hard to figure the pattern! Leaving the letters was a great choice!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #400
WiggyHD

Hey! You got some work done after I left! That looks like it worked out really well!

All, I got to see this truck in person today, and I have to say that it was beautiful, and tastefully done, and is show worthy! It looks better in person, even better than the pictures he has posted! Above all of that, he is a really nice guy!

Mark