The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #376
rollin thunder

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

sounds like some fun to be had after the work. Its always nice to get to "play" around
2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4wd extended cab dd
rollin thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #377
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
sounds like some fun to be had after the work. Its always nice to get to "play" around
Thanks for the kind words definitely hoping to get it done this coming up week!

I must agree gotta play and have some fun after all the frustration that has come with it, idk might try to find a field with some bumps and well go to town and well definitely going to have to do a few :burnouts: just for kicks and grins and well it's a mighty nice stress reliever especially when you see smoke coming up from the tires
Posted via Mobile Device

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #378
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Thanks for the kind words definitely hoping to get it done this coming up week!

I must agree gotta play and have some fun after all the frustration that has come with it, idk might try to find a field with some bumps and well go to town and well definitely going to have to do a few :burnouts: just for kicks and grins and well it's a mighty nice stress reliever especially when you see smoke coming up from the tires
Posted via Mobile Device
Hell yeah bro!! I was doing probably around 5mph in a right hand turn and I got a thumbs up from some guy in a truck. Of course being the typical 17 year old I am I floored it and did a moving burnout for about 40 feet. Then I got good traction and jumped up to like 45 mph. I'll say, all my troubles burned away for a little bit!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #379
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Hell yeah bro!! I was doing probably around 5mph in a right hand turn and I got a thumbs up from some guy in a truck. Of course being the typical 17 year old I am I floored it and did a moving burnout for about 40 feet. Then I got good traction and jumped up to like 45 mph. I'll say, all my troubles burned away for a little bit!!!

Thanks man!!

Funniest thing so far is some lady saying something like what sounded like fords are better idk couldn't make it out, hard to hear people outside of my truck it's a tad bit loud! man I'm 23 and lets just say if there's a crowd there's a burnout and noise will be made so don't think your the only one, it's fun to be able to play around in your truck and feel like a badass and be reminded why we love our trucks, cause there old school and f@&$%^* awesome!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #380
rs74

That's funny stuff you guys. I used to be like that but a couple of time of loosing your license for doing stuff like that calmed me down. I still get on it here and there but pretty much have had my share of burnouts. Won't be any more posi's laid til I get mine back on the road. Then I have some catching up to do then I will chill out on it. Kind of like a kid with a new toy then the new wears off.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #381
rollin thunder

you guys almost make me jealous. I have never owned a truck that will do it. I just made a lot of noise with the side pipes. but i did my fair share of in the squad cars though.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #382
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
That's funny stuff you guys. I used to be like that but a couple of time of loosing your license for doing stuff like that calmed me down. I still get on it here and there but pretty much have had my share of burnouts. Won't be any more posi's laid til I get mine back on the road. Then I have some catching up to do then I will chill out on it. Kind of like a kid with a new toy then the new wears off.
I've never really had much of a "powerhouse" truck before so spinning the tires is a bit of a new world to me, I've done one true burnout before it was in my dad 02 Dodge Ram 1500, I didn't know I was actually burning rubber until I saw white smoke come up to the windows at that point let off the brake and hauled ass! of course I was freaking out because I didn't want my dad to find out that I did a burnout in his truck, so when I got home I went and smelt the rubber make sure you couldn't smell the stinge anymore it was gone! I told my dad about a year later about it I definitely don't get carried away with it that's for sure!

Quote:
you guys almost make me jealous. I have never owned a truck that will do it. I just made a lot of noise with the side pipes. but i did my fair share of in the squad cars though.
That 305 you can spin the tires, I have that 305 it spins them, of course it's best to be doing a turn helps plant it better I guess? I haven't tried from a roll or anything just yet, but my tires are pretty good, so I'm sure I'd just stick and go but oh well I get to have fun when I do it.

Now I've drifted the mess out of my DD now that's fun!! hahaha, I was feeling a little like ken block for a while definitely fun, I've done donuts in my wagon, yes I know hard to believe but note most of the time it was wet outside when I did this, the drifting was on dirt so it was just a matter of timing the gas pedal right to get the rear end to slide out, and the donuts were done on grass, actually at a school property

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #383
77ChevySharkBite

So......on Friday I'm hopefully going to have a friend come over help me to get that 1 last shock as I've said about 6 times now, then going to get some drive time in and maybe if it's not too too crazy late, I'll try to go take some pictures in a field or something since everyone is getting awesome pictures I feel like I'm slacking, might try even for a little driving video but we'll see how it goes also depends on what this Texas weather does too.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #384
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
So......on Friday I'm hopefully going to have a friend come over help me to get that 1 last shock as I've said about 6 times now, then going to get some drive time in and maybe if it's not too too crazy late, I'll try to go take some pictures in a field or something since everyone is getting awesome pictures I feel like I'm slacking, might try even for a little driving video but we'll see how it goes also depends on what this Texas weather does too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Glad I got you motivated! I'll be waiting for a video Saturday.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #385
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Glad I got you motivated! I'll be waiting for a video Saturday.

yezzir sure did!! But I've got to be a lot more careful because I'm bmperless, plate less, and tail light less, so I got a lot more working against me but I do know some back roads, so hopefully I'll get y'all something!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #386
rollin thunder

good luck and hope the five-o dont roll ya while your out and about.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #387
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
good luck and hope the five-o dont roll ya while your out and about.

thanks man! yeah where my dad lives it's not too crazy bad with cops and what not so it should be easy but, it's definitely also going to depend on the weather this weekend too.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #388
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
thanks man! yeah where my dad lives it's not too crazy bad with cops and what not so it should be easy but, it's definitely also going to depend on the weather this weekend too.
A little water just makes it more fun!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #389
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
A little water just makes it more fun!

Very very true, but I don't have a/c so with my windows up it'll be really hot, unless there's a little bit of a breeze than I might be able to do it!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #390
77ChevySharkBite

Well not much of an update as I'm still at work right now I've still been very indescivie on whether I'm going to bag or drop the truck. So.....as everyone knows Porterbuilt Street Rods is a vendor here on the forum, I first PMed them and then I was told to e-mail Dave to speak with him. So after discussing some options for the truck it looks like the truck is going to end up getting coilovers as a HUGE suspension upgrade, now it's not going to be something to happen soon because it is a little pricey, but it will probably end up being one of the last and final upgrades on the truck!

I'm waiting to see if a friend can help, might be attempting to take off that last and final shock tonight!!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #391
chevybuilder18

In reply to burnouts, ive done alot... lol im carefull who i do em around now that someones threatened to put me in the hospital over doing it in front of his young girl or near her... fealt so bad thought i had threw a rock at her.. also did it in a school parking lot picking up my little brother, his buddys mischeiviously agging me on and cracked someones windshield. Police report was filed, truck is sorta hot. and thats why quicksilver has her name, she is one hot vehicle that stands out in the legal system...
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #392
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
In reply to burnouts, ive done alot... lol im carefull who i do em around now that someones threatened to put me in the hospital over doing it in front of his young girl or near her... fealt so bad thought i had threw a rock at her.. also did it in a school parking lot picking up my little brother, his buddys mischeiviously agging me on and cracked someones windshield. Police report was filed, truck is sorta hot. and thats why quicksilver has her name, she is one hot vehicle that stands out in the legal system...

Yeah if you do burnouts, make sure nobody is around or nothing can be broken, that's what I was taught by my godfather he told me I can act a full and do what I want, when it comes to burnouts and stuff but he told me just make sure nobody is around and that you can do it without anyone getting hurt. It's not a stab at you by no means but my point being is just to be careful when you do burnouts.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #393
77ChevySharkBite

Well I wish I could tell you I got the shock off...........but I didn't couldn't recruit any friends to help me out, and Sunday ended up being a family day so it will sit to see another week on a jack stand but I'll see if I can get someone to come during the week, because I gotta admit it sucks seeing it just sit I know it doesn't have a grill but it's saying drive me drive drive me!!!! So I want to get it done!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #394
77ChevySharkBite

Well came over to my dads to try and get the bolt off that's stuck and well.............truck 3 Korwin 0, truck won the battle again pulled the headers up as much as I could the only other option I have left is to take off the back 2 spark plugs and then really pull the headers off, so maybe I can have a friend come help me with all that tomorrow and finally win the battle. I won't lie though it's very discouraging knowing its not coming off even when I try with all my might it's very irritating!!! Sorry I really just want to beat this living out of the truck right about now!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #395
77ChevySharkBite

So I always have to remind myself of the old lefty loosey righty tighty phrase, well being the awesome genius I am, I believe I've been going righty tighty instead of lefty loosey so I think this whole time I've been tightening the bolt instead of loosing it!! oh the joys of forgetting common sense, guess in the mist of all the frustration and everything came some confusion, maybe I'll scoot over to my dads tonight and get it finished and get all truck build going again.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #396
chevybuilder18

Quote:
Yeah if you do burnouts, make sure nobody is around or nothing can be broken, that's what I was taught by my godfather he told me I can act a full and do what I want, when it comes to burnouts and stuff but he told me just make sure nobody is around and that you can do it without anyone getting hurt. It's not a stab at you by no means but my point being is just to be careful when you do burnouts.
Well, she popped outta no where right when i did it! and thats when i cracked the windshield

Quote:
Well came over to my dads to try and get the bolt off that's stuck and well.............truck 3 Korwin 0, truck won the battle again pulled the headers up as much as I could the only other option I have left is to take off the back 2 spark plugs and then really pull the headers off, so maybe I can have a friend come help me with all that tomorrow and finally win the battle. I won't lie though it's very discouraging knowing its not coming off even when I try with all my might it's very irritating!!! Sorry I really just want to beat this living out of the truck right about now!
Posted via Mobile Device
same thing happened to me!

Quote:
So I always have to remind myself of the old lefty loosey righty tighty phrase, well being the awesome genius I am, I believe I've been going righty tighty instead of lefty loosey so I think this whole time I've been tightening the bolt instead of loosing it!! oh the joys of forgetting common sense, guess in the mist of all the frustration and everything came some confusion, maybe I'll scoot over to my dads tonight and get it finished and get all truck build going again.
Oh i know how you feel. my dad sits and watches me for this reason. i have no sense of left vs right when turning a wrench.. thats why i like asking others if i have it right or wrong... i used to have a sense no its gone
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #397
77ChevySharkBite

Well I usually know left from right but idk, guess just one of those HUGE blonde moments.

Well I had to come back to my dads tonight because I forgot my towels, and so I figured lets give it a shot, and well..........I am victorious thanks to the help of my dad suggesting to use one of my jack handles to help with leverage well after thinking it wouldn't work, I gave it a shot and it worked!!! So I have 4 new shocks all around

Took it for a little bit of drive around the block and it definitely rides more firm definitely waaaay better, but I'll get some more drive time this weekend but I'll have to go put some gas in the truck!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #398
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Well I usually know left from right but idk, guess just one of those HUGE blonde moments.

Well I had to come back to my dads tonight because I forgot my towels, and so I figured lets give it a shot, and well..........I am victorious thanks to the help of my dad suggesting to use one of my jack handles to help with leverage well after thinking it wouldn't work, I gave it a shot and it worked!!! So I have 4 new shocks all around

Took it for a little bit of drive around the block and it definitely rides more firm definitely waaaay better, but I'll get some more drive time this weekend but I'll have to go put some gas in the truck!
Posted via Mobile Device
That's great man! Sometimes it's the simplest things that make it work! Time for some burnout vids!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #399
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
That's great man! Sometimes it's the simplest things that make it work! Time for some burnout vids!!!

Hell yes!!!!!! I will hopefully get it done this weekend for you guys!! I thought I'd see if I could spin it in a straight line from a stop well apparently that 305 packs a punch cause I sure did it. It was definitely fun!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #400
77ChevySharkBite

So since the last and final shock is taken off it's time to look at the next step, which as you can tell in the I haven't primed the back of the cab so as you can imagine that's going to be my next step, so it looks like I know what I'll be doing this coming weekend.

I must say when I took my truck out for a little cruise around the block the truck is running strong, and from what I can tell those mufflers are still breaking in some, it's sill loud but it's getting more of that deep aggressive sound. I also need to get ready to get my exhaust finished.

I want some ideas from you guy, help me decide I can decide whether I want to run it out the sides by the gas tanks, run it straight back by the bumper, or run it how it was when I first bought it, straight back with a 90 degree turn on each side? All your input will be very much appreciated because I want to decide fast so I can get it done that much sooner

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off