The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #401
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

Much better

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #402
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by layingC10nK5 View Post
Just read the whole thing 👍🏁 AWSOME TRUCK AND GARAGE!!! I will definitely be borrowing a few ideas.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Much better
thanks!!!

Wow fella's its been quite a year for me. A few years back I finished my latest garage and we started building projects.........for other people. I have no idea what I was thinking but one thing lead to another and all of a sudden I had 4 guys working in my garage on cars. this past year we have done 4 frame off restorations from Camaro, Chevelle, to a few Corvettes. All this time my C10 was sitting lifeless on the lift. I ended up buying a 12,000 square foot shop and we moved into it last month. I have never been in the repair, restoration, or body business in my life nor has any of my family.......I am just a car lover. So needless to say I have been doing cars for others and not for me but I am slowly getting the C10 back on track. The biggest obstacle for me has been color. Because I am suppose to have a hotrod business I felt that painting the truck black, red, or one of the other nice colors was not an option. I have never had this much trouble picking out a color..............this truck has been 15 different colors so far. I think I found something today I like. Over the weekend I crusied the Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and Porsche dealerships to find a color. I know this seems like a simplistic approach but all other avenues have failed I consider my self a manly man (except when I sometimes wear my wifes clothes) but I did want the truck to be pretty...........or classy. I saw the 50th annivesary 911 and I liked the color. Its called Geyser Gray Metallic. It is really hard to get a picture of it but on the car it is really nice. I am trying to decide if I want to find another color a little darker to do a two tone. I would just paint the hood and the top of the cab and it would be in a satin finish. I bought some paint today to do a spray out to let the other guys see it.

If you get a minute check out our website at www.godspeedrides.com. This is all new for me and living a dream.

toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #403
Winmon

Congrats on the new shop Mark! Been following it on Facebook and GJ.
That is a great color, different too. You are doing a hell of a job on the truck! Can't wait to see it done....
Winmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #404
jtp67-72

Smile Re: 69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

"I consider my self a manly man (except when I sometimes wear my wifes clothes)"

UUUUHHHH THIS ^^^^ IS BOTHERING ME!!!!!!!!..........LOL........Welcome back to the poor boy side!!!!........very nice projects.......Jim
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #405
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp67-72 View Post
"I consider my self a manly man (except when I sometimes wear my wifes clothes)"

UUUUHHHH THIS ^^^^ IS BOTHERING ME!!!!!!!!..........LOL........Welcome back to the poor boy side!!!!........very nice projects.......Jim
Jim, your truck is coming along quite nicely. Sorry about the visual on the dress.......is it too late to take it back I hear you on the poor side man this shop is costing an arm and a leg to set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winmon View Post
Congrats on the new shop Mark! Been following it on Facebook and GJ.
That is a great color, different too. You are doing a hell of a job on the truck! Can't wait to see it done....
Oh great so you know what is happening and thanks. I am looking forward to the paint. I think the truck is so clean the paint work has to been suttle. Guess we will see.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #406
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

hey mark this is a fellow truck guy & garage guy too (plain2car on garage journal) i think it is a cool deal that yo uare living the life that you want & worked hard for. it is good to see you back on the truck!! do you have any ideas on what kind of headlight you might use??

thanks!!

rodstored-72 (jake)
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #407
jlaird

Congratulations on the business. I just checked out your facebook. Looks like you guys are rockin.
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #408
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird View Post
Congratulations on the business. I just checked out your facebook. Looks like you guys are rockin.
thank you. Yes we are pretty lucky with some really nice projects. We are moving a metal fab shop in the end of this month. Hoping to do some final work on the C10 so we can get it painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
hey mark this is a fellow truck guy & garage guy too (plain2car on garage journal) i think it is a cool deal that yo uare living the life that you want & worked hard for. it is good to see you back on the truck!! do you have any ideas on what kind of headlight you might use??

thanks!!

rodstored-72 (jake)
Jake, Oh ya man I have seen you over on the journal. I am so ready to get this truck finished. I have headlights for the truck and I need to dig them out...I almost forgot what I got its been so long I will tell you I did break the bank on the rear lights. A few months ago I ordered the one piece LED taillights from
Marquez Design. They have been on back order for a few months and I finally got the word they are shipping. I can't wait to get them.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #409
toocrazy

Ok great news.........back on the C10 this week. Here are some updates and finally a direction on our interior.

There was really no good after market options for defroster vents. Its almost like everyone designed the a/c vents and forgot about the defrosters. We decided to make our own. The holes will have a stainless wire mess and one of the holes will be operational for the vent. Might mount a tweeter behind one of the other holes.

The seats weren't fitting too good so a nice little front seat mount was fabbed up. I think it looks pretty clean.

Here is the start of the center console with the same dimple die treatment. We will use the same mess in these holes like the defroster vents. we have not decided whether the console will be painted or a mixture of paint and upholstery.

There is never enough room in these small c10 cabs for any leg room. Our solution was to recess the seats into the back panel. I think it will look pretty cool. The "waterfall" center console will wrap around in back of the seats. I think will be mounting our subs in the rear portion of the console.

Here is the money shot!!! Only had to wait 4 months to get these. I liked the one piece LED taillight with the billet aluminum frame. It was kind of a ridiculous expenditure but after all of the sanitary lines of this truck I thought it deserved these.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #410
ajgriffin

Those lights are huge!!!! How tall are they and what is your plan for reverse lights?

Overall I like everything you're doing to the truck! I especially like the seat mount and recess into the rear of the cab. Excellent work!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #411
68jewel
On the path to financial ruin!

Yeah, those lights are nice. Now fess up and tell us all where did you get them? I know Marquez makes a pair that costs $750 a pair and $800 if you want them anodized.

Ooh Wee's Makeover...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=376280
68jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #412
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68jewel View Post
Yeah, those lights are nice. Now fess up and tell us all where did you get them? I know Marquez makes a pair that costs $750 a pair and $800 if you want them anodized.
Bingo!! yes they are Marquez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Those lights are huge!!!! How tall are they and what is your plan for reverse lights?

Overall I like everything you're doing to the truck! I especially like the seat mount and recess into the rear of the cab. Excellent work!
They are not sitting in front of me but I am guessing about 12 " tall. They take up the space for the brake light and the reverse light. Good question on the reverse lights.......havnt thought of a solution yet. Probably something small i can mount low. Ideas are welcome!!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #413
68jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocrazy View Post
Bingo!! yes they are Marquez.
That's what I figured cuz I'm getting me a pair of black anodized.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #414
jtp67-72

Reverse lites ...well if your running a bumper..two of the bumper bolts with lights instead...seen this done and it is trick....rollpan....two of the license plate bolts changed to lites..seen this too...kool....wait.........I just gave my plans away....oh well....your worth it.......lol.......glad your back!!!!..........jim
Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #415
Chvy2NV

Killer work bud !!
Chvy2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #416
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp67-72 View Post
Reverse lites ...well if your running a bumper..two of the bumper bolts with lights instead...seen this done and it is trick....rollpan....two of the license plate bolts changed to lites..seen this too...kool....wait.........I just gave my plans away....oh well....your worth it.......lol.......glad your back!!!!..........jim

Jim, well........I was kind of letting this truck sit around and then I saw your project rolling again and I thought.........crap, I cant let Jim beat me to the end so we got busy I am not going to run a rear bumper. The other problem is I never made any provisions for a license plate. I think I better cut one in though so I dont have to run a plate in the rear window. I thought about some small LED lights in the back as well. If I see something I will post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chvy2NV View Post
Killer work bud !!
thank you!!

Here is a little more detail of the vents. My master cylinders are tucked behind the gauges so the one defrost vent is removable so I can service the booster without pulling the dash bezel out.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:13 AM   #417
orngsikL

i really like that seat idea. i'm 6'4 and have a tough time fitting.
instagram -
@esso_c10
@projectpawpaw
orngsikL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #418
superflysteiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocrazy View Post
Ok great news.........back on the C10 this week. Here are some updates and finally a direction on our interior.

There was really no good after market options for defroster vents. Its almost like everyone designed the a/c vents and forgot about the defrosters. We decided to make our own. The holes will have a stainless wire mess and one of the holes will be operational for the vent. Might mount a tweeter behind one of the other holes.

The seats weren't fitting too good so a nice little front seat mount was fabbed up. I think it looks pretty clean.

Here is the start of the center console with the same dimple die treatment. We will use the same mess in these holes like the defroster vents. we have not decided whether the console will be painted or a mixture of paint and upholstery.

There is never enough room in these small c10 cabs for any leg room. Our solution was to recess the seats into the back panel. I think it will look pretty cool. The "waterfall" center console will wrap around in back of the seats. I think will be mounting our subs in the rear portion of the console.

Here is the money shot!!! Only had to wait 4 months to get these. I liked the one piece LED taillight with the billet aluminum frame. It was kind of a ridiculous expenditure but after all of the sanitary lines of this truck I thought it deserved these.

Pascual Marquez is a buddy of mine. He is the man when it comes to design and fabrication. Check out there new interior kit for these trucks. I have it in Tootsie. Fit and finish is unreal just like the tail light. Truck is looking awesome
superflysteiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #419
68jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
Pascual Marquez is a buddy of mine. He is the man when it comes to design and fabrication.
I 2nd that. He can get some of my money anytime.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #420
BigDaddyV

Just read thru your build, OMG this truck is freakin Awesome!!!! And not to mention all the other toys... And the sickest Garage in the world! Im along for the ride! Beautiful work!
1972 Chevy C10, Project "Chevro~Layed out" Nether Storm
Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...23#post6007523
BigDaddyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #421
toocrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
Pascual Marquez is a buddy of mine. He is the man when it comes to design and fabrication. Check out there new interior kit for these trucks. I have it in Tootsie. Fit and finish is unreal just like the tail light. Truck is looking awesome
I didnt realize they had the interior kits ready yet. You probably got the first one off the block. Thanks Eric!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyV View Post
Just read thru your build, OMG this truck is freakin Awesome!!!! And not to mention all the other toys... And the sickest Garage in the world! Im along for the ride! Beautiful work!
Thank you for the kind words!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #422
toocrazy

Banging a little tin around. We got back on the console working on a metal shift boot and there will be a compartment fabricated as well. The A/C controls are at the top.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #423
BigDaddyV

Amazing work bud! I'm about to start doing so fabrication in my cab too. I may have to steal that recess seat idea. ( 6'6" need leg room....) lol
1972 Chevy C10, Project "Chevro~Layed out" Nether Storm
Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...23#post6007523
BigDaddyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #424
jlaird

That looks really cool, but that Formica table is even cooler!
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #425
toocrazy

Making more progress on the console. I think its coming together pretty good. Not sure what will get painted or covered but I guess this decision will come in time. We are moving on to the front tomorrow and trying to build a cover for the radiator. I will let you guys know how it turns out.