The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #426
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Very nice progress, keep it up!
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks alan good to hear from you, i know its not close to your truck, but its good enough for me, lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
all looks good Chad, good to see the progress
thanks craig, cant wait to see what you do to your truck, i know it will be nice! you have a great truck to start with!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
looking great, how much did you end up widening your tubs?
thanks flips, i ended up widening it 4.5-4.75" thats from the outside edge of the lip to the weld line! i wanted it to look factory just wider, so i just went to the next rib in the steel floor and the bolt holes look evenly spaced now! i can put a 15.5" tire under there and have a lil space! the inside of the edge of the tub is almost straight up from the outside edge of the frame, hope that helps explain, lol!!!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #427
CRGRS 66

Hey Chad, what ignition switch is that you have in there? Does it have an Accessory position?

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #428
chad64chevy

craig, i'm not to sure! i bought the ignition from oreilly's auto parts about 5 yrs. ago for a 64 c-10 and only used it for like 3-4 times! i'll let you know this weekend for sure if it has a accessory position or not! i got to take it out so i can get the gauge cluster out!!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #429
coulter

diggin the new updates man!!! nice work on them tubs

bagged 66 longbed build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=449548

my favorite colors.. black, rust, and shiny!!!! instagram: @coulter918
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #430
chad64chevy

thanks coulter for the comment, you need to go to clems meet and greet and i can bring those other tubs to you! or when i go to tulsa for thanksgiving we can get together then!!

well since i have my lil 9yr. girl from cali, then truck progress has slowed down some, i wanted to get the passenger side done but the wife wants me to stay home and spend time with her!! cause shes a lil 'wild' and thats putting it mild, she is about sit in her ways about what she will eat and dont eat, a lil disrepectful!! my wife says its cause she got to do what she want out there and we have rules, but anyways enough about that!!

i did get my driver door to line up better and it opens and closes! since i did the floor patches the door wouldnt open, so i used some other hinges from another set of doors i have and fixed my driver door! its really stiff to open and close but is getting a lil easier since i sprayed it with wd-40!! i'll get some other pics today hopefully
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #431
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
cause shes a lil 'wild' and thats putting it mild, she is about sit in her ways about what she will eat and dont eat, a lil disrepectful!!
You know I never had a problem with kids being picky eaters, and here is why.
If you dont even start cooking until they are HUNGRY, then by the time you set the table, they will eat anything in front of them !!
Works like a charm.
The disrespect I cannot tolerate tho...good luck with that one.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #432
chad64chevy

i played around with my ammeter and switched to a volts meter!! i had a triple set of sunpro gauges for the volts, oil, water! i took the volts gauge housing apart and oblonged the two holes, also cut about 1/4" off the original housing! so it would slide down a lil and look more centered in the gauge cluster! anyways sorry for the crappy pics but i think you get the idea, last picture the gauge is just sitting in there and slide to the left a lil!! i think i'm going to add the oil and water gauge tomorrow
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #433
McMurphy

Very slick dude, great idea to adapt it like that.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Old 11-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #434
chad64chevy

thanks mcmurphy, i looked more at my oil and temp gauge and it wont work they have 250-300 degree sweep!! but i desided to try this when i saw that flips was asking about switching since the aaw wiring harness runs off a 12 volt system! i saw some other gauges i like and if i can safe for them, i'm going to buy them and use these for a spare
Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #435
McMurphy

I have two sets of all original guage cluster set ups if you need any of them!
I even rebrubished and rolled back the odo on one of them before I decided on some modern guages.
If you want them just say the word brother !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #436
flips72

looks good chad, any pics of the backside?
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #437
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I have two sets of all original guage cluster set ups if you need any of them!
I even rebrubished and rolled back the odo on one of them before I decided on some modern guages.
If you want them just say the word brother !!
thanks mcmurphy for the offer, but i'm going to get this to work or go with a gauge set like dino63 has in the prostreet and the dually!! have you but the jeep door checks in yet???

Quote:
looks good chad, any pics of the backside?
flips, i got you some pictures!! the holes could just be redrilled lower but i wasnt to sure as to how low they needed to be, so i just got the rasp bit an oblonged the holes til they we're low enough! if i had to do it again i would redrill the holes about 3/8" lower, a lil bit out some an use a 1/4" bit or so and go from there hope this helps!!

last picture is a lil brighter an i still have to adjust the gauge so the 8 an 18 are level in the housing! i have looked at the sunpro gauges that have a 60-90 degree sweep for the temp, fuel, and oil there about $20 apiece!! at the least i'm going to buy the fuel gauge, seeing that the oil gauge go's from 0-100 not 0-60 like it says on the gauge face but i can erase that!! anyways we'll see how it go's and i'll keep you up to date on it, when i get around to messing with it!!
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #438
chad64chevy

and an update about my oldest girl she went back to cali cause she didnt like are rules, and everything was different!! i just think it was that they let her do what she wanted
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #439
clemdaddy

hey chad... i just caught up with your build. like the progress on the gauges. and your metal work is real fine, easy to tell you've held a welder before.

was that the cali daughter at the cruise-in? if so, i didn't put that together.
hope the family settles back to normal, nothing like peace and quiet on the homefront.

now, get busy my friend...
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #440
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
hey chad... i just caught up with your build. like the progress on the gauges. and your metal work is real fine, easy to tell you've held a welder before.

was that the cali daughter at the cruise-in? if so, i didn't put that together.
hope the family settles back to normal, nothing like peace and quiet on the homefront.

now, get busy my friend...
thanks clems for the comments, i rush myself alot when i'm welding and i really need to slow down! i didnt take any girls with me to the criuse-in, it was just the guys that went! me, my dad, my son, and my brother from another mother, lol!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #441
chad64chevy

well not a real update been a lil lazy! i did get my power steering pump, billet pulley, and billet cap, now i need to clean and paint the pump to match the valve covers! i going to be going to tulsa (wife family) friday night and get some parts from keith here on the forum! i got to work for them, going to take parts off the truck he needs in trade for parts i need!! anyways should have pics sunday of what i get, just wanted to tell all you guys happy thanksgiving and be safe!!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #442
Bomp

Came across your build awhile back but didn't have a chance to do a full read until this morning. Read it ALL. Beginning to end. Front to back. Inside and out.
Really dig your determination!!! Nice to see all your accomplishments and stick-too-it-ive-ness. Keep it up. I know how putting in 10- 14.5 hr days go. Did 13 hrs yesterday.
For a shoe string budget you show quality doesn't have to suffer.
Can't wait for more.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #443
Desert.Chevy

Good looking build. I'll be watching.
Posted via Mobile Device
Desert.Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #444
chad64chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Came across your build awhile back but didn't have a chance to do a full read until this morning. Read it ALL. Beginning to end. Front to back. Inside and out.
Really dig your determination!!! Nice to see all your accomplishments and stick-too-it-ive-ness. Keep it up. I know how putting in 10- 14.5 hr days go. Did 13 hrs yesterday.
For a shoe string budget you show quality doesn't have to suffer.
Can't wait for more.
thanks bomp, for taking the time to read it all! i try to stick to it, and yes long work days suck! there talking about in january its going to go to 5- 10-12hr days a week! not bad on the wallet but less time on the truck, the weather is going to get worse too! but i'll still working on it or buying parts for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert.Chevy View Post
Good looking build. I'll be watching.
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks desert.chevy, its a slow build! but i got a deadline i'll trying to stick too!

anyways i got some longbed panels for (kieth) here on the forum, to make my rear wheelwells 1.5-2" bigger so the tire looks more centered in the bed and to fix the wheel well lip were my cousin who owed the bed before me rolled the lip and it really didnt need to be! i also got a pro billet distributor, and my shotgun air intake scoop!! the scoop is going to be painted silver like the valve covers and the butterflys will be painted the same color as the block! just to tie everything together! anyways heres the pics!! i'm also thinking about buying a new header panel and tailgate this summer will see how things go between now and then
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #445
flips72

sweet parts,what exactly are you doing with bed, not sure i understand. are you talking from front to back ,or top to bottom, if i am making any sense.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #446
chad64chevy

Quote:
sweet parts,what exactly are you doing with bed, not sure i understand. are you talking from front to back ,or top to bottom, if i am making any sense.
i'm talking front to back! i'm going to move the front part of the wheelwell arch on the outside of the bed forward 1.5-2" to make the tire looked centered to the bed! the back of the arch will stay in the same place, i'm just streching it! plus the bottom of the front part of the bed has dents and bondo covering it on both side! so i cut off more of the donor bed then what i will need to fix it all in one shot!! i hope that makes sense!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #447
chad64chevy

small update for today! got five days off work, so today i got my radio patch done! a lil more grinding tomorrow, and maybe a lil filler, and it will look good! going to put my passenger rocker on before x-mas anyways on to the pics, last pic shows how much was cut out before the patch
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #448
chad64chevy

anyways i got some more work done on my truck, i started to look at my passenger side floor an notice when i took the rocker all the way off the floor was needing to be replaced ( big rust holes under the rocker and since i already had the outer floor patch, kick panel, and rocker! I didnt need to use the whole patch but like so what its mine! i got busy this weekend and cut it all out and fixed the passenger side! cab is almost done, still need to get the bbw in, then sound deaden the cab to start the wiring, the weather is gettin worse its suppost to snow tomorrow about 4-8" in.! but i got other things to keep me busy and i still need to buy a few things to meet my march 18th. dead line of starting my truck, and having the truck wired and the cab done! anyways heres some pics. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #449
flips72

looks good chad,it wont be long and you will be driving the kids to school in it, and merry christmas.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #450
chad64chevy

Quote:
looks good chad,it wont be long and you will be driving the kids to school in it, and merry christmas.
thanks jeff, it snowed for chirstmas! i got one more floor patch to do (hole in the floor for a floor shifter) and then i can put sound deadener in, to start running the wiring! then i'll do the bbw conversion! i'm thinking the outside bodywork will wait til after i'm driving it! but that can change at anytime, we will see, thanks for checking in on me