The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #451
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
you better be careful on the fancy part it will snowball, trust me
yep, went down that road with my first truck ('93 C-1500)...i suffer from that perfectionist disease, which can get you in trouble fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
Flips, the rolling chassis and the engine look outstanding!
i agree

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #452
chad64chevy

huh.......
sorry i was drooling, lol!! that motor is very nice, its going to sound so awesome once you start it up!! the frame is looking good as always!! i've been thinking about some valve covers like that but i've been changing my mind alot lately! i was thinking about finned valve covers but everyone has then now, plus they would need to be cleaned to much for me!!

its always good to go fishing, everyone needs a break now and then, but i'm with allabout i want to see pictures, lol!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #453
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Looking real nice flips. I love the look of that motor. I cant wait to hear that cam. I hope you caught some nice fish and we need to see some pics of them. Im the same way I havent been in the shop much either. I just got off the phone with a buddy planning a fishing trip also. Your truck is coming along very nice though.
thanks, hope you liked the pics of the fish dont know how to send phone pics to the site sorry to everyone else i only had allabouts phone #
Quote:
Flips, the rolling chassis and the engine look outstanding!
thanks craiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
yep, went down that road with my first truck ('93 C-1500)...i suffer from that perfectionist disease, which can get you in trouble fast

i agree
i am thinking of buying a tag for the front that says snowball, but i dont think many people would understand, with the truck being red and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
huh.......
sorry i was drooling, lol!! that motor is very nice, its going to sound so awesome once you start it up!! the frame is looking good as always!! i've been thinking about some valve covers like that but i've been changing my mind alot lately! i was thinking about finned valve covers but everyone has then now, plus they would need to be cleaned to much for me!!

its always good to go fishing, everyone needs a break now and then, but i'm with allabout i want to see pictures, lol!!
thanks chad, i have been catching a few fish but all in all its been kinda tough in tn. still havent made up my mind on the valve covers, evryone give me some feedback on what they think.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #454
flips72

motor and trans is sitting in the frame, headers are just stuck on the heads to get some idea if the angle plug heads are going to work with them, i think they will be fine, well heres the pics
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #455
flips72

set the cab on the frame last night, its actually starting to resemble a truck again
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #456
CRGRS 66

So I will bet that going to have another look this morning was the first thing you did, looks awesome flips, obviously plenty of tedium left to do, but this progress has got to feel good!!

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #457
chad64chevy

motor looks good sitting there! i like those valve covers, i thought of getting those covers or the gray covers with red bowtie and blue chevrolet heres the parts number:
Proform 141-923 Sb Small Block Chevy slant edge aluminum valve covers ! how close are they to the firewall?? BUT if you dont like them i'll take them off your hands, lol! what does your seats look like?? i envy you right now, i wish mine was painted and had the bbw conversion done!! keep it up, your truck is giving me motovation!!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #458
McMurphy

Seriously you are looking good here Flips! I envy you the stage you are at now with reassembly!

Is there a reason behind the tall versus the low profile valve covers? Is it looks or is there a critical function involved?

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #459
Dinos63
chevy only

flip just went back though the whole thread amazing skills and great work my friend . you have built such a nice truck congrats!!
Old 05-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #460
flips72

Quote:
So I will bet that going to have another look this morning was the first thing you did, looks awesome flips, obviously plenty of tedium left to do, but this progress has got to feel good!!
as a matter of fact it was the first thing i did this morning before we left for church,and yes there is stiil plenty to do, but progress is progress.

Quote:
motor looks good sitting there! i like those valve covers, i thought of getting those covers or the gray covers with red bowtie and blue chevrolet heres the parts number:
Proform 141-923 Sb Small Block Chevy slant edge aluminum valve covers ! how close are they to the firewall?? BUT if you dont like them i'll take them off your hands, lol! what does your seats look like?? i envy you right now, i wish mine was painted and had the bbw conversion done!! keep it up, your truck is giving me motovation!!
thanks chad, i massaged my firewall for some clearence so i wouldnt have to move my motor foward, its still in the factory holes and i have lots of room. my seat is still in the closet waiting for upolstery,its a 60-40 like yours just cant make up my mind what to do with it yet.i also like the valve covers your talking about, they would be alot easier to keep clean than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Seriously you are looking good here Flips! I envy you the stage you are at now with reassembly!

Is there a reason behind the tall versus the low profile valve covers? Is it looks or is there a critical function involved?
thanks McMurphy, its nice to start putting parts back on finally, as far as the tall valve covers go, i need them to clear my roller rockers, short covers will hit the rockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos63 View Post
flip just went back though the whole thread amazing skills and great work my friend . you have built such a nice truck congrats!!
thanks dino, i have been watching your builds as well i really like the dually,it will definitly be sweet. i saw your crew in the post of the nashville show, that thing is awesome.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #461
McMurphy

Thanks for the reply Flips, my engine has stock short valve covers so I guess I will be Ok with getting new ones of the same height.

I want to ask before I order, so I dont make any costly boo boos.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #462
allaboutchevelles

WOW Flips, Your truck is looking awesome!!! Your going to be done in no time now. Im getting excited to hear that beast run, cant wait to see the video of it. Well I guess I should work on mine sometime, lol. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #463
1968vetL-71

Awesome job Flips!! Keep it up
1968 belair 2door post #s 427/385
1936 ford 5w coupe dads 1st car
1969 camaro ss (17,xxx) miles

Wanted: 69-72 suburban project, 69 camaro convertible. also any big block cars. 69-70 gto judge project.
1968vetL-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #464
65Custom

wow!!! great progress nice to see it coming together.

Looking good!!

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #465
65 old school

WOW! the red looks great.. Really coming along great! nice work..
65 old school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #466
chad64chevy

flips- looking at your motor, the transmission mount should be turned around and upside-down! it should be inside the frame rails, on the bottom lip and it curves back to the motor!! the trans bracket straddles the rubber mount, if that makes sence to you!!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #467
chad64chevy

heres a link to cpp tech articles, if you look at pictures 38 you'll see what im talking about : http://www.classicperform.com/tech_a...r-Part-Two.htm
Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #468
flips72

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Flips, my engine has stock short valve covers so I guess I will be Ok with getting new ones of the same height.

I want to ask before I order, so I dont make any costly boo boos.
yeah you will be fine, and your welcome.

Quote:
WOW Flips, Your truck is looking awesome!!! Your going to be done in no time now. Im getting excited to hear that beast run, cant wait to see the video of it. Well I guess I should work on mine sometime, lol. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
thanks allabout, having a hard time getting motivated lately, getting closer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968vetL-71 View Post
Awesome job Flips!! Keep it up
thanks 1968vetl-71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Custom View Post
wow!!! great progress nice to see it coming together.

Looking good!!
thanks 65custom,teah its actually starting to look like a truck again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65 old school View Post
WOW! the red looks great.. Really coming along great! nice work..
thanks 65oldschool

Quote:
flips- looking at your motor, the transmission mount should be turned around and upside-down! it should be inside the frame rails, on the bottom lip and it curves back to the motor!! the trans bracket straddles the rubber mount, if that makes sence to you!!
you are right chad,thanks i did have it in wrong. i re-did it today see if this looks better, still have to drill two holes.

also started the wiring, i decided to go with the autowire harness, so far so good, swapped the tach over to my good cluster and installed my msd behind the glovebox, heres a few pics of my progress, hoping to paint the glovebox door and ashtray soon so i can finish the dash. ordered the carpet today and going to try and get my seat to the upolester one day this week. so much to do and so little time
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #469
chad64chevy

that looks great flips, i thought i would tell you cause i would hate to hear the bolts broke and missed everything up!! anyways your progress is looking good!! how much is it going to cost to have your seats recovered??
Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #470
allaboutchevelles

Looking good Flips. Thats the spot, right there in the first 2 pics>perfect place for the video camara when you fire that beast up so we can hear it loud and clear from those headers!! LOL . your getting so close. If I can finish my brake lines then ill be putting my motor in soon. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #471
chad64chevy

flips do you have any other pics of how you did your tach? i'm really liking the way that looks in there, and think i'm going to steal that idea for my truck as well!! where did you get your billet dash knobs at??
Old 06-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #472
flips72

Quote:
that looks great flips, i thought i would tell you cause i would hate to hear the bolts broke and missed everything up!! anyways your progress is looking good!! how much is it going to cost to have your seats recovered??
thanks again chad, not sure on the cost of seat re-covering,still havent completly made up my mind on my seat to be honest, i have three diffrent options,original , sixty/40 or bucket seats and console,the later two are from early ninety model chevy trucks

Quote:
Looking good Flips. Thats the spot, right there in the first 2 pics>perfect place for the video camara when you fire that beast up so we can hear it loud and clear from those headers!! LOL . your getting so close. If I can finish my brake lines then ill be putting my motor in soon. Keep up the good work.
getting closer but not too sure about the camera placement your suggesting, maybe you should come and hold the camera for methe brake lines take alittle while if your running new from scratch.

Quote:
flips do you have any other pics of how you did your tach? i'm really liking the way that looks in there, and think i'm going to steal that idea for my truck as well!! where did you get your billet dash knobs at??
i wasnt able to take any pics as i was installing it camera gave up the ghost so it might be awhile before i post any pics of progress, but i will when i get a new camera. the billet knobs were on the truck when i bought it so not really sure where they came from.

i did get my carpet and it looks real good and fits great, also worked on the wiring some more and installed the rear window, waiting on more parts, my power steering pump wont work with the new brackets because of where the return line exits the rear of the resivoir, and i decided to just go with the manual brake set up for now, i got it mounted, maybe i can get the rest of my lines run next week and bleed the system and check for leaks. hopefully i can set up the hydroboost system later after i get it together, that will give something to do on one of those boring weekends
Old 06-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #473
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
i did get my carpet and it looks real good and fits great, also worked on the wiring some more and installed the rear window, waiting on more parts, my power steering pump wont work with the new brackets because of where the return line exits the rear of the resivoir, and i decided to just go with the manual brake set up for now, i got it mounted, maybe i can get the rest of my lines run next week and bleed the system and check for leaks. hopefully i can set up the hydroboost system later after i get it together, that will give something to do on one of those boring weekends
Do you know the order number, and where you got your carpet from Flips?
Wish your camera had not crapped out on you, would like to see it.

I would also like to see what soultions you come up with for the hydroboost.
I messed with mine this weekend some as well.
I will post pics on my thread of it as soon as I get some stuff from the hardware store, hopefully today!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #474
chad64chevy

well i know how you feel about the camera, it has happened to me a couple times since i started my thread!

my seats i have are both from 90's model trucks a bench and the 60/40, if i can get my 60/40 to be the same color gray as the bench then i would be good, i'm still debating on the mexican blanket thou, if i dont like how they come out i'm only out $15 so its not that big of a deal!! i still need to get the rest of the stuff for the hydroboost for my truck as well, mostly the hoses and the pump and thats it!

i did order those valve covers i was talking about and the matching timing cover, painted my 7qt. oil pan to match and but need to get a few more thing before i update my thread with the install pictures!!

i still need to order my wiring harness, how are you liking the aaw wiring harness?? did you buy the crimping tool from them or ??
Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #475
flips72

Quote:
Do you know the order number, and where you got your carpet from Flips?
Wish your camera had not crapped out on you, would like to see it.

I would also like to see what soultions you come up with for the hydroboost.
I messed with mine this weekend some as well.
I will post pics on my thread of it as soon as I get some stuff from the hardware store, hopefully today!
the carpet came from auto custom carpets, the color i went with was a 100% nylon loop 627 gray, i have decided to put the hydro boost on hold for awhile and just run manual brakes, i think it will stop ok since i have installed the 4 wheel disc set-up.the reason its on hold is i wanted to get some nice braided lines and figure some way to hide them, but i cant until i get the inner fenders mounted and i am getting impatient as well

Quote:
well i know how you feel about the camera, it has happened to me a couple times since i started my thread!

my seats i have are both from 90's model trucks a bench and the 60/40, if i can get my 60/40 to be the same color gray as the bench then i would be good, i'm still debating on the mexican blanket thou, if i dont like how they come out i'm only out $15 so its not that big of a deal!! i still need to get the rest of the stuff for the hydroboost for my truck as well, mostly the hoses and the pump and thats it!

i did order those valve covers i was talking about and the matching timing cover, painted my 7qt. oil pan to match and but need to get a few more thing before i update my thread with the install pictures!!

i still need to order my wiring harness, how are you liking the aaw wiring harness?? did you buy the crimping tool from them or ??
cant wait to see the valve covers and timing cover, i did get another camera and took a few pics, rear window installed, power steering pump installed, carpet is just laying in it for now, adjusted passenger door and put the door handle, mirror and started putting my vent glass in but i need some help so i dont scratch my paint. i also scored a vacuum gauge on ebay so when i take the cluster back out i will go through the tach in-stall as well as the gauge for you.
Attached Images