The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #26
troy54gmc

Re: Camaro clip 55-59 No Limit style

Hey thanks for the pictures. Very cool thread, i like even though you sell a video for this same application that you put this on here for all of us for free. very stand up of u. I have said it before on here in this day and age its very difficult to find people that will go the extra mile for their customers and it seems like you allways help us out when we have a question with suspension or fabbing. It just shows what kind of person you are. Very cool!!
troy54gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #27
michaelnolimit

Cool Re: Camaro clip 55-59 No Limit style

Sorry about bouncing around so much. I took a lot of pictures and I just want to make sure I get as many detail shots as I can.
Attached Images

michaelnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #28
Fat Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56ClassicTruck View Post
Nice topic very helpful............... Do you have a dimension form the shock hole to the front of cab mount bracket?
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you please give us this measurement?
Fat Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
michaelnolimit

sorry guys the vehicle left yesterday night. They dropped the vehicle off last thursday at lunch. We worked our magic on the front and rear suspension, brake system, and fuel system. It only took a week. I promised somebody else they could bring there vehicle in today so I had to get rid of her already.

Im sorry I could not supply that dimension right now but if you guys are patient I can pull out my frame specs and possibly do some math to get you that dimension.

This is all the pictures I have of the clip install I will now post some pictures of what we did with the rear end and the brake and fuel system.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #30
michaelnolimit

ChuckDriver The angle of the upper control is going to be 7-9 degrees.

We try and set it at 8* but the camaro clips are not that accurate. So you will usaually get like 7.5 degrees on one side and like 8.5 on the other. I have never seen a clip were both arms are set at the same dive angle. I think GM said as long as its 7-9 send her down the line.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #31
michaelnolimit

These last two pics are of the motor mounts. We dont use the stock motor mounts because it doesnt put the motor in the right spot. Its close but not close enough. We push the motor back closer to the fire wall and a little lower in the chassis to create a better center of gravity.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #32
Dan in Pasadena

At the risk of being rude, can I ask what it costs to drop off a complete truck like that, have the complete frame graft done including cleaning and painting, and pick up the truck reassembled like in the last picture?

I assume the price of new upper & lower A frame bushings, ball joints, tierod ends installed, etc is NOT included but do you offer to do that too while you have it all blown apart?
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #33
michaelnolimit

About 5,000

That includes

#1 The actual camaro sub frame from Pick A Part

#2 Grafting the sub frame onto the stock chassis

#3 A quick wire wheel and spray paint

#4 Cut one coil off the spring

#5 Drop Spindles

#6 No Limits bolt on Brake Kit

#7 All brake lines, prop valve, residual valves plumbed to the calipers and wheel cylinders

#8 Axle flip kit with new shocks and sway bar hooked up

#9 No Limits 21 gallon fuel cell installed and plumbed up passenger rail to front core support

This does not include rebuilding the camaro clip. Customer was on a budget and wanted us to do the hard stuff now and he will enjoy rebuilding the front suspenion in the garage with his buddies when he can.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #34
Dan in Pasadena

That seems like a really fair price to me for the security of knowing it was done right by a pro and of course for how quickly you can do it as opposed to someone like me. It would take forever for me and I'd not be totally sure I got it on there right.

Thanks for the info and description. I'm going to take a lok at your other threads now!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #35
Fat Mike

Thank you for the info. Because of the few little hints you gave I got both side of my upper a-arms set at 7* on the anti-dive and everything is tying in together like it was never even cut. Thanks Again!!!
Fat Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Lucky13driver

About how much will this lower my truck using stock springs and spindles?
Posted via Mobile Device
Lucky13driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #37
1958Warrior

I just did my truck by following the video, still have a ways to go before on the road. I've tried to get the T-102 video for the rear end swap and brakes, but no limit doesn't sell it any more???but its on the website ? They did refund my money . Would be great if you could do a thread on the rear swap and flip and brakes next time you do one, and ask them why the T-102 video is not available.
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #38
d's56gmc

Can I ask what measurements if u have some from front cab mount to end of frame rail where front bumper bracket mounts to I have a 74 nova clip installed and looking for measurements to locate rad support to install front end
d's56gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #39
1958Warrior

Welcome aboard d's56gmc, Its customary to introduce yourself to let everyone no who you are and what you do ,experience, abilities ect.

So I'm guessing you have a 56 GMC, the GMC sheet metal attachés different from a Chevy , and Chevy 55-57 is different than 58-59 as the frame is 2" longer in the front.

On my 58 Chevy , I'm pretty sure it is 58 3/4" from cab mount to the end of the frame, the end of the frame drops 1 1/2" lower than the frame at the cab mounts .

Yours being a 56 I would think it would be 2" shorter at 56 3/4" ( not in stone)
here you can see the drop on the front of the frame

Lets see some pics of what you got to work with , the pics they help identify problems / issues best.

Here is a link to a thread where the guy is doing a clip , he builds his own bumper and sheet metal mounts.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=148978

But you can use the search feature to find others with 55-56 GMC's and probably get a better answerer and a tip or to on how to go about it , Good Luck.

Last edited by 1958Warrior; 12-09-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: pic
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #40
d's56gmc

Sorry for not intro my self here we go I have a 56 gmc 1/2 ton short step side. Bought with a 74 nova clip. Cab is from a chevy. I'm just starting to try and fig out how to mount all sheet metal to front end. It was in pieces when I got it. I assume front fenders mount to cab in the 2 mounting spots top bottom on cab and the tabs on fire wall and then I believe just the rad. Mounting in front us what holds the front together. Would post photos but don't know how to do from phone
d's56gmc is offline   Reply With Quote