The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #26
KevsClassics
TILT COLUMN GURU

Re: Tilt Steering Column

Really nice job. I just wanted to say that is exactly the same way I shorten my shafts.I think that procedure is safe because it is welded at three points. I believe the vendor they are referring to welds his shaft then grinds it smooth with no sleeve. I Have ran across that several times. even today I tore apart A tilt I removed from a Cheyenne Super was supposed to be a truck tilt but was a poorly done conversion with that poor weld.I think people just wanted you to state in your thread that these were van tilts converted.
Again really nice work and good luck on your sales.
Kevin Hernandez

Last edited by KevsClassics; 03-16-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #27
rob32472

Thanks for clearing up the post. I personally do not think there is anything wrong with this at all. I think most will agree and just wanted to know what they were getting..... its kinda like buying a yenko camero only to find out it is just a conversion done well. Not that it still not bad azz just did know what you bought. With that being said i will be ordering one from you in the very near future
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #28
Tim Christian

Scott, That is a super way of doing it. The ones I ran into were just as KevesClassics was talking about a piece cut out and butt welded together. I would use or sell your tilts anytime without any worry! Great Work!!! Tim Christian
Old 03-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #29
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

This looks like exactly what I need for my 72 Super project. VERY nice looking tilt. Good job.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
Retro68
Account Suspended

Thanks to all of you for the supportive comments. I have had all good experiences here as a member and members like you make it all worth it.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #31
72swbcamo

It is obvious to me that you have put much thought and quality of workmanship into you steering column conversion. You should be commended for you efforts. I surely can see you are a craftsman, and do excellent work. I will be shipping my van tilt to you for conversion in the very near future. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by 72swbcamo; 03-13-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #32
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

i have been by to see scott in person & to "inspect" the column work. i will tell you that this stuff is the best in quality & workmanship. scott is a stand up guy & is very very detail orientated. i would almost say he is anal about making things better than before. when i decide to do this swap he is the guy i am going to!! the concerns are legit & i feel the same way, but after seeing everything & meeting scott in person any concerns i had were easily put to rest!! like scott said this board is great & i would not recommend anything (especially) a safety item, unless i & my 5 yr daughter as well felt safe with said item. this is a very good product.....

take care!!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #33
rich67

looks like the dude knows what he is doin to me and then some! nice work brother. when it comes time i hope you are still doin this, cause you got my business. like the cm tube. dont know how hard chrome moly is to drill, but i can guess, ever thought about poppin a couple or few holes in closer to where shafts meet and plug welding them? dont know about feasable but should be tougher. maybe just a pipe dream. rich
Old 06-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #34
corando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro68 View Post
Very nice rebuilt tilt. Send me your used truck or van tilt and I will send you a quality tilt worth putting in your truck or purchase one outright. One of the most important pieces in your truck is the one thats in your hands. Does it make sense to spend $275 on a used tilt with many miles of use and loose tolerances or buy a tilt that feels and functions as new while improving your truck. Save a couple bucks elsewhere on your truck and use it towards a nice tilt steering column. I will guarantee your satisfaction with purchase. Thank You

$475 plus shipping
$375 If you send me your used Van or Truck tilt.
Scott Nadeau
480-570-8468
Mesa Arizona
Purchase safe with Pay Pal by sending payment to tiltcolumn@gmail.com

Shipping cost averages about $20 to $40 dollars depending on where you live.

Brand new levers can be added for $54. Includes shift lever w/ new knob, signal lever and tilt lever. Original style replacement.

This column below is how the rebuild starts out. 100% absolutely apart. This is the only way to recondition and inspect every part to insure a quality rebuild.
Do u still Rebuil steering column
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #35
corando

Do u still Rebuil steering column
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #36
leddzepp

The original poster has been suspended and has not been on this message board in over a year. If you need a quality rebuilt column, contact boardmember KevsClassics.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Closed Thread