The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
superflysteiny

Tootsie build T Shirts (Supporting Colon Cancer research)

Tootsie build T Shirts (Supporting Colon Cancer research)

A little over a year ago my mother Lynne was diagnosed with cancer. Her doctors could not determine original site/source of cancer but were convinced that it was stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma. After multiple tests, scans, and many pokes and prods for blood testing, she started vigorous treatment rounds of both chemo and radiation therapy.

Unsure of the outcome, but hopeful... we were completely distraught when her tumor grew back after only three weeks of her radiation treatment being completed. Her doctors then decided that it was time to go in and do surgery. While in surgery they removed her right lymph chain out of her leg and decided she would need to come back to have the other lymph chain in the left leg biopsed.

The biopsy in her left leg came back positive for cancer, the doctors knew then that further testing was needed as the cancer they originally thought it was, obviously was not. A small hemroid was found and removed shortly after this and came back positive for cancer. Her doctor told her that she must do another round (completely different type) of chemo and radiation therapy as they finally discovered that her cancer was indeed colo-rectal cancer. This time her treatment was much more involved.

Many sick days and burned skin from the radiation therapy made simple everyday life seem so impossible. Now, a year later we almost lost my mom. She was so extremely sick from treatment, she ended up in a recent emergency surgery for blood clots in her lungs and leg. She contracted a rare bacterial disease in the hospital, sepsis, and pneumonia.

After spending nearly a month in the hospital she is now home with a long recovery ahead of her. She is adamant about not progressing with anymore treatment as the last round almost took her life. We are not sure what her future holds but we are sure she is in gods hands as he has a plan for her.

Around the time my mother was diagnosed with cancer I bought my '67 C-10. I felt compelled to build this in her name and call it "Tootsie" (my dads nickname for her). After long thought I wanted to have shirts made and donate all proceeds to The Colon Cancer Alliance to further research on colon cancer and finding a cure.

There are two different shirts, one black and one orange. Sizes are L, XL, and 2XL. We can also order kid sizes if there are enough orders. The black are $20 and the orange are $25 plus 4.00 for shipping costs. All orders will be done through paypal which is esteinbrecher@yahoo.com. Please contact me with any questions. Thank you for your support.

All proceeds from the sales go to The Colon Cancer Alliance
Please include your screen name along with your address.
Specify Color, Size, and Quantity needed with your order
Paypal to esteinbrecher@yahoo.com

Orange Shirts- $25.00(+6.00 shipping Canada +20)
Orange shirts have the art work on the back and a small logo on the front

Black Shirts- $20.00 (+4.00 shipping)
Black shirts have art work on the front only

Last edited by superflysteiny; 02-23-2013 at 12:45 PM.
superflysteiny is offline   Reply With Quote