The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2015, 11:45 PM   #26
low69chevy

Re: low69chevy swb build ls swap

Original plan was to paint it red with tan interior but really been thinking of painting it black with red interior we'll see what Color it ends up got these piks online and really like the way both look

Last edited by low69chevy; 10-12-2016 at 10:08 AM.
low69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:00 AM   #27
low69chevy

Post Re: low69chevy swb build ls swap

Some more parts showed up for the 69 c10 hopefully I can get sometime to work on it whenever I go home I already want to finish it so I can drive it

Last edited by low69chevy; 10-12-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #28
RRR18

Followin

Follow on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rtimes3c10/

Ryan
RRR18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #29
hotrodchevy1999
Hotrodchevy

nice work
1971 CHEVY C10 Stepside Project 71 cluncker http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ferrerid=89816

My Build Second Chance Suburban (SCS)http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424650
hotrodchevy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:32 PM   #30
low69chevy

Well finally made it home from work and actually had some time to work on the c10 here's some piks i took still haven't welded the ears for the coilovers and still need to box the frame and brace it all up

Old 05-21-2016, 10:10 AM   #31
low69chevy

Had been a while since i updated piks my photobucket didnt want to work i finally brought my truck over here where im working so i could start working on it after work heres some random piks ive take already installed the scotts hot rods crossmember and brakes etc. Want to finish bracing and boxing the frame so i can take it all apart and paint the frame then go from there.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #32
low69chevy

Had some renderings made of how i wanted my truck my original plan was to make it all shaved but liked it better with all the trims on the renderings

This was the original plan i had but what do you guys think with or without also started welding up the high hup for the 4l80e trans to fit heres some piks

Started to replace the only spot that had a bit of rust where the weatherstripping goes

Last edited by low69chevy; 06-23-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #33
drfloyd

Damn, those pics are big. What headers are those and how are they fitting? Nice build. I'm doing pretty much the same build.
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #34
low69chevy

Not sure on the brand bought them a while back but they fit good actually but i think im gonna sell them to go a different route with the turbo if your intrested in them lmk
Old 06-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #35
drfloyd

I really like the looks of them. Can you get some better pics of them?
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #36
low69chevy

Haven't updated in while heres some piks of the rocker in its place still need final finishing but its better than what it was also took out the rearend to get some measurements for the new rearend i need cant make up my mind if i should build the 12bolt or just go fab 9in. Also since i was under the truck found out my coilovers are to long for the height i want it to sit at plan on leaving it about that height in the piks so my qa1s will be for sale if anyone is interested and i guess my moser 12 bolt cover also

Last edited by low69chevy; 08-04-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #37
swamp rat

Gotta learn to resize them pictures so they fit on the screen LOL!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #38
low69chevy

Lol yea i upload them off my phone when i get a chance so dont really know what size they are.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:36 PM   #39
low69chevy

Update

Ok so heres some updates on my c10 started to get some measurements for the diff to get narrowed and ordered the moser axles with the big ford bearings (to eliminate running c clips) and sent it off to get narrowed once i got that taken care of i got my dad to come over and help me take the bodyboff the frame so i could start building the trailing arms and box and brace the frame and install the pb fab crossmember and figure out how i wanted to mount my rear sway bar also started filling in all the holes in the frame that weren't gonna be used to make it as smooth as possible tryin to get the frame done so i can paint it and move on to the engine and try to finish this thing lol heres some piks any questions or comments welcome

Last edited by low69chevy; 10-11-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #40
low69chevy

havent had much time to work on it managed to go work on it a while a few days ago and today got the tran crossmember built and worked on the trailing arms and started boxing the frame had my little helper with me today wanting to learn how to weld according to him lol comments or questions welcome

Old 12-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #41
low69chevy

Hadnt done much of an update continued boxin in the frame and went for a ride in my friends buddys truck which has the exact same setup as im gonna be running hes pushing close to 1k hp to the wheels so that gave me some inspiration to hurry up and went and bought the missing parts to complete the whole "new"front end and a little cam for the engine once im done with the chassis hopefully ill send my engine off to get built heres some piks

Old 12-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #42
low69chevy

Haven't worked much on the truck was working 11hr days last time i worked on it i bought a tube bender and started bending some tubes where i plan on running the driveshaft loop for the rear i bought some more pipe this weekend when i came home heres some piks

Also on my coilover placement i really wanted to do the coilovers straight up and down by the centersection for that prostreet look but after throwing the driveshaft loop, roll bar,exhaust,fuell cell,panhard bar its gonna be real tight i think im just gonna throw them on the outside of the frame like in this pic should be a bit better for the street also im guessing
Old 12-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #43
low69chevy

Well hadn't worked on the truck with thanksgiving and all went out there today and spent the better half of the morning cleaning up the mess i had u couldnt even walk anymore lol then started working on the frame stiffiner still not done but id call it a productive day. Still need to weld everything in and square everything out but for the most part its ready to get welded in
Comments welcome

Old 12-04-2016, 11:35 PM   #44
ChuckLee

Awesome build man. Pic size is killing us all though. Use Flickr to auto upload ur phone photos, , then when you share photos from that site just select the size u want to share.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:58 PM   #45
low69chevy

Hadn't posted In a while truck was pretty much on hold work got slow and just started buying missing parts and selling,and upgrading first of all my friend upgraded from his forged6.0 with turbo to a 416 with a f1 procharger so he offered me his short block and I picked it up motor had made over 1khp with the turbo setup on a street truck so I sold all my engine pieces I had to recope some cash then the built turbo 400 I had was swapped for a built 4l80e which I had them upgrade the input shafts intermediate shafts billet clutch hubs tci deep pan and so forth told him the plan was to try to make 1000+hp on a street truck so after that I called circle d and had them built me a 252mm stall for it and ordered the remote trans cooler and so forth for it then after all that was said and done I knew the diff would be the weak point so ended up selling my original 12bolt I had narrowed for my wheels and ended up getting a 14bolt out of a tbss my friend had cut all the brackets off of that and had it narrowed for the wheels with custom moser axles to run fodd bearings on the axles to eliminate the c clips and gridle cover to help it as far as the fuel system I ended up going with all magnafuel fuel pump and filters and fittings and hot rods braided hoses for everything as of right now I'm just waiting on the radiator and exhaust pieces to come in and hopefully if I get a few days off have her all together and try to get some #s for it then after that's all said and done just tear it all apart again to send it off to get painted here's some piks might not be in order comments welcome
piks of when it was finally back with the cab back together and the 4l80e I had built for it
[/URL]

14bolt getting all the old brackets off and getting narrowed

Some engine piks as i built it back and other random piks

This is how the motor looks right now shes ready to go in only planning on painting the lower half of the Holley intake black and getting the top part polished all the hot side will be sent to get jet hot coated in polished finish

Some fuel system piks all magnafuel fittings and pump and filters with hot rods hoses

Old 03-31-2019, 04:18 PM   #46
low69chevy

Old 06-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #47
low69chevy

Got some updates they broke into the storage unit where I had my truck and my car hauler with my rzr on it and stole the rzr and trailer,generator,aircompressor,pressure washer, intercooler etc luckily the only thing they took from the truck always the new intercooler I had bought so i had to reorder a new one to replace it got more parts in for the truck radiator exhaust and intercooler piping eddie motorsports led tail lights just waiting in line to drop it off at the shop so it can all get welded together here's some piks comments welcome
This is the pik of the trailer and rzr if anyone has any info please let me kno tia

That same night we found out we borrowed a friends trailer to get the truck out of theyre

Got all the piping cut and ready to get welded

Ordered 4 of these hdi clamps to make sure we dont have problems with the charge pipes blowing off
Old 08-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #48
low69chevy

Got some progress piks from the fabricator hes got most of the cold side welded up and sent me some piks

Also ordered the rear qa1 double adjustable coilover kit to move the coilovers on the outside to make room for the anti roll bar and D.S. loop and other little stuff comments welcome

Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 AM   #49
cornerstone

I’ve been drooling over your truck for years. When I started my build, the plan was to ls swap it, bag it, repaint and daily drive it. I used to dream about building an all out beast like yours, but over the past 3 years I thought it best to keep it under 400 HP... plus the fact that my budget wouldn’t allow it helped my decision. I must have missed the post about the damn thief. That’s a hard blow to take... did you ever recoup any of your stuff? I use one of your renderings for my work computer background, it helps me get motivated.
Brian

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:56 PM   #50
low69chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I’ve been drooling over your truck for years. When I started my build, the plan was to ls swap it, bag it, repaint and daily drive it. I used to dream about building an all out beast like yours, but over the past 3 years I thought it best to keep it under 400 HP... plus the fact that my budget wouldn’t allow it helped my decision. I must have missed the post about the damn thief. That’s a hard blow to take... did you ever recoup any of your stuff? I use one of your renderings for my work computer background, it helps me get motivated.
Brian
Thanks for the compliment,and no didn't get my rzr or any of the other stuff back and yea hopefully well get a little more progress on the c10