The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #26
Tinkermc

Re: My truck has become "magnatized."

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hope your luck changes soon.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #27
hugger6933

You think it is bad now just wait till you put some paint on it if you ever do. Then it will sure enough attract door dings golf balls base balls rocks and large items of unknown origin all the time. It makes me not want to paint one,or three. that and I work on that stuff all day in a body shop any way. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #28
Boog
laying low

My Grandmother used to love cars. She was one to park way out on the lot to protect her car. One time in particular she was walking out to her car when a young couple emptied their shopping cart and just gave it a big shove with no concern where it was headed. Well my GM was walking by at the same time and she lit into them let me tell ya. They were startled to say the least and as far as they know the car nearest to theirs belonged to her. It didn't of course but they didn't know that. She chewed on em for a while giving them a lesson in manners and respect for others and their belongings.
She kept a claw hammer under her seat too.
She was a great woman and I miss her.
I sure hope your luck changes soon for the better.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:08 PM   #29
CURSED GEARS

Thanks for the reply guys. I was at lunch, and my truck was parked in the parking lot. (You know, the lot where its been hit three other times?) Radio calls me and tells me its been hit again. Some dude backed into it on his way to lunch. He tells me his car has some paint transfer, but my truck is fine. I tell him I will check it after lunch. I pull into the lot and the first thing I see is all of the snow has been knocked off the inside of the rear bumper. I get out of my car and walk over to the truck, and theres paint chips laying in the snow. (Maroon paint shows up pretty good in snow) Then I see a dent about the size of your fist right below the damage of the hit and run driver I spoke of when I first started this post. The other guy happens to arrive while I'm there and said he hadn't noticed the dent. A Police report was made, and It will be evaluated tomorrow, and a check cut by Monday.
I'm going to start on the truck this spring. I already got a new engine going together for it sitting in my garage. I'll probably buy some patch panels and a few other things with the money.
It's just irritating. I owned a 69 Camaro for 26 years, and it had only been hit once. Not sure whats going on here.
CURSED GEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #30
CURSED GEARS

Hey Flounder, just now saw you posted. Still thinking of a different grill for the redo. We will see. Better make sure my luck changes before I drop that kind of coin.
CURSED GEARS is offline   Reply With Quote