The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2005, 04:13 PM   #26
oldblue72

I hope one of my pictures is attached. I know how to use the darn scanner but I encounter one trouble after another. I'll give it a go.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2005, 04:17 PM   #27
oldblue72

sucess is so sweet. I have two more pictures on the way. It's my truck in all its glory (or lack thereof but I love it nonetheless). I'm an awful speller. Not retarded just a bad speller. Just so you know.
Attached Images

Last edited by oldblue72; 04-24-2005 at 04:48 PM.
oldblue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #28
oldblue72

another picture...
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2005, 05:41 PM   #29
oldblue72

and another. It's the last one I'm putting up. Sorry it wasn't in a more concise manner. If you want to see the inside of the bed or the interior let me know. For now, this is good.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2005, 08:10 PM   #30
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

I think most of those materials are available from SMS Auto Interior located in Canby, Oregon. They have been having trouble with their email and website but I finally made contact with them for my 50th Anniversary interior cloth and they are sending a free sample! Too cool!

Welcome to the board and I think it is great that you are doing a stock resto!
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #31
Dane72

I have Highlander also

Good lookin truck if you want check mine out. I have not had alot of time to do much with it but I cant wait to get started. I will be pulling engine and rebuild engine and trany becuase I will be using the truck to pull my parents boat. They have a 69 IMP with a 327 chevy engine and we just redid all the interior about 2 years ago. anyway welcome to the board and good luck with your truck.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php3?t=144372
Dane72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #32
jhwkns
Registered Cruiser

Wow! Nice truck.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #33
Rod

ttt oldblue72 couldn't find the post
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 PM   #34
oldblue72

I have new questions. About how many miles per gallon do trucks like mine get? I think when I was tinkering under the hood I pulled the heat gauge wire out. Where the heck is it and what does it look like so I can put it back? Okay and back to some old questions, about how much is it worth? I'm just curious. I love it too much to sell it. It doesn't have any new major parts on it. And it has about 68,000 miles on it. Are the wheels original? Or did my grandpa put cute old man accessories on it? The caps say Ultra on 'em if that means anything. Well thanks for all the help. -Sarah
Old 04-27-2005, 12:06 AM   #35
Martin64

Hi oldblue, what little town are you in?

1964(-ish) C10
Martin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #36
oldblue72

lol I live in Blythe. I little farm town on the border of Arizona. Most people drive through it because its on the river.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:22 AM   #37
GSFMECH
On the road

Well the last 2 trucks I've had like this with a stock 350/350 got about 11 to 12 MPG. The temp guage wire should be on the drivers side routed on the top of the engine and will connect to a sending unit in the head, it should be a green wire and should just clip back on, look just under the exhaust manifold on a Small block V8 between the first 2 spark plugs, the sending unit should be there. The hubcaps do not look original to me. The woodgrain trim is available new from any of the board vendors but you can get the wood grain tape too that just sticks on, Chevy Duty sells it I know for sure as I have bought it from them, but you might try the board vendors too. As far as what it's worth I can't help, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay, you might check out the trucks for sale section to get an idea. Hope this helps,
Mike

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:29 AM   #38
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

Good looking truck,and 68k miles sounds realgood too.

My trucks gets around 11-13 mpg,loaded or empty,doesn't matter.OPf course I have big heavy foot too

Wheelcovers look like an autoparts store deal to me.Everything else seems to be original enough.
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 AM   #39
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue72
About how many miles per gallon do trucks like mine get?
if it is a stock motor, your would probably be looking at around 12 mpg

Quote:
I think when I was tinkering under the hood I pulled the heat gauge wire out. Where the heck is it and what does it look like so I can put it back?
are you talking about the wire that goes to the tenp gauge in the dash? it goes on the side of the head, but if you have a gauge not an idiot light and you took it off then you would have anti-freeze flowin out of the head.

Quote:
Okay and back to some old questions, about how much is it worth?
very hard to tell from the pics 2000-5000

Quote:
Are the wheels original? Or did my grandpa put cute old man accessories on it?
cute old man accessories

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 AM   #40
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Looks like a real solid truck. Too cool that it was originally your great grandfathers. That makes it priceless in my book. Is that a 2nd gas cap to the front of the driver side rear wheel?
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #41
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Happy 18th birthday a couple weeks ago. I wish I had something as nice as that truck when I was 18

I've paged through the thread again, and realize most of your questions have been answered, probably even beter than I could, Hehe! You did ask about the discoloring on the hood, and I might speculate it is where the color of the paint has been washed 10,000 times, the sun baked the finish, etc, etc. This all may have wore down the paint to the primer. Is the top of the cab the same way?

Being in Cali, and if the truck is as clean as the pics show, it being a Highlander trim packaged truck, and the extremely low miles... I would say your truck could bring around $5000-$6000. Bring that truck in to the rust belt (where I for some unknown reason decided to move ), I would think you could fetch $7500 from the right buyer.

I hope this helps... now come up with more questions
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #42
oldblue72

Yes, one of the pictures shows that I have two tanks. I only use one but from what I understand the second is connected and usable. I don't use it because I don't need to and I'm afraid that there might be rust in it or a busted hose. Anyhow I guess if I wanted to use it I would have to pull it off and make sure nothing was wrong with it. Someone told me that I actually have three tanks because the second has an overflow. Is that true? In response to the question about the top of the cab being discolored, no it is perfectly white except for an ugly scratch my boyfriend put on it with a canoe. I thought the primer used on these trucks was a brick red, sturdy primer. At least, thats what I can see from the wear on the bed.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #43
68w/sbc406

yes be careful about that other tank. i was reading in a thread not too long ago (brainchilds i believe) he switched to a tank that he never uses cause he was running out of gas, drove like 2 miles to the gas station filled up, switched back to the right tank and the truck ran like ****. the carb was full of rust.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:08 PM   #44
oldblue72

hehehe I don't know what ttt means. I see it on ocassion when I'm browsing through threads. If someone could clue me in. I am having a new trouble with my baby! It leaks transmission fluid a bit and it doesn't want to go in reverse when it gets about a 1/8th of a cup low. It's a little inconvient but I just added fluid every week or so and it ran fine. Well a couple of days a go I noticed that when I try to accelerate the engine seems to be working hard but the truck isn't working with it. I figured it was the tranny so I added some fluid. It didn't help. The next couple days it was even worse; going over small inclines was awful. Anyhow, today I was drinving to work and towards the end I couldn't go over 5 miles an hour. I was afraid the whole thing was just going to stop. I had a guy at work look at it and he said everything looked okay but the oil was really low. so hopefully when I add a couple of quarts all will be fine. I will get back to the board after I add the oil to tell if we are back to normal. If not maybe you could tell me what's wrong. If you have any questions or need more detail let me no. I don't have an rpm gauge so I couldn't tell you in unit form but it seemed like the engine was working hard. It wants to play like a nice truck -sad sarah
Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #45
z7199

Quote:
hehehe I don't know what ttt means. I see it on ocassion when I'm browsing through threads. If someone could clue me in.
It means To The Top I am a member of another forum and they posted this so here is a link to alot of other Acronyms you might see Click Here
315/75/16 BFG All Terrian 15.3 @ 89mph

72' C20 402ci sc,lb in bed tool box, and new paint

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/456511/1
z7199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:52 PM   #46
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Hmmm, sounds like the pump inside the torque converter isn't working anymore. It might be time for a tranny rebuild.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:44 AM   #47
68w/sbc406

Quote:
hehehe I don't know what ttt means.
here is one more local to our board
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...87#post1245587

Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #48
TsgtE662
2A674 Tank Rat

Quote:
In response to the question about the top of the cab being discolored, no it is perfectly white except for an ugly scratch my boyfriend put on it with a canoe.
Hope you put an ugly scratch on the boyfriend for scratchin your truck!

Or Fired him for it. lol

Beautiful truck BTW. And welcome to the site from St. Louis area.

'92 GMC Sierra, Sportside, 2wd, 350, Black
'92 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 4 x 4, Blue
USAFR = 2A674 = Aircraft Fuel Systems Maintenance
i.e. Tank Rat
TsgtE662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:58 PM   #49
oldblue72

I'm so sad

It's been a few days since I replied. I've been moping around because I had BIG, and EXPENSIVE truck problems. My transmission finally died. I had an offer for a free transmission but of course when we set them side by side the free one wouldn't work. It was a 250 and mine is a 350. Anyhow my neighbor offered me one that he has had in his garage. It's a long story but it is in really good coniditon and even has some extras on it. He is going to sell it to me for 150 bucks so I made out on that. I want to buy his engine its a 333. My original is a 350. But like his transmission it has some fancy stuff added. Anyhow, I think I am going to enslave myself as a front desk clerk to pay for all this. My truck is back running but it is still a work in progress. I guess all the visually pleasing repairs I want to do will have to wait longer. Anyhow hopefully with the new tranny and the new engine and a few other parts I will have a truck that runs like new. But I did find out I get terribly sad when its not a happy truck parked in front of me house.

Last edited by oldblue72; 05-10-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #50
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Tranny is what it sounded like. I'd say $150 is a good deal for one that is ready to drop in. THey are real easy to change out, if you have some basic tools and a couple good friends.

I never heard of a 333 engine??