The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #26
NC_John

Re: 6.0 LQ4 Swap Starting Point? - UPDATE

I did an initial test fit of the LQ4 into the truck last night with the existing CPP tubular mounts and the dirty dingo sliders. Looks like it might work for me. The transmission is getting dropped off at Tick Performance today to get switched over from LT1 to LS. When it gets back I'll mate them together and do another test fit to really make sure I am good with the mount configuration.

The truck oil pan, as expected, was too low. I'm going to order the CTS-V parts this week. I'm going to bolt up the AC compressor and make sure it'll clear the mounts and frame too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8f...ew?usp=sharing

When all my fitment issues are complete, I can blow apart the 6.0 and do the internal stuff (oil pump, timing set, camshaft etc...) and get it ready to go in for good.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #27
69gmcc10

Re: 6.0 LQ4 Swap Starting Point?

Love the time lapse! What are the cathedral heads laying under the truck for?

I mounted the cab on the truck and I had some contact with the pinch weld on the floor board when the engine is pushed all the way back on the mounts. But the trans crossmember bolted right up to some existing holes on the frame so I wasnt abut to move everything forward so I went ahead and modified the lower mounts to drop the engine down that extra 3/4" (slid right into place, like almost as good as if I would have measured) to see if it would clear and it didn't work, it still interferes with the cab. If I would not have been stubborn on not moving the engine forward it could have come about 2-3" forward to the next set of trans bolt hoes and fit perfect. But no I couldn't leave well enough alone and do that! Now I am hunting for a high hump! but at least the engine sits another 3/4" lower than before that's got to be worth something...I will get some new measurements and post the photos.
Attached Images

03 Silverado build thread-http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591582
69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #28
NC_John

Re: 6.0 LQ4 Swap Starting Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
Love the time lapse! What are the cathedral heads laying under the truck for?

I mounted the cab on the truck and I had some contact with the pinch weld on the floor board when the engine is pushed all the way back on the mounts. But the trans crossmember bolted right up to some existing holes on the frame so I wasnt abut to move everything forward so I went ahead and modified the lower mounts to drop the engine down that extra 3/4" (slid right into place, like almost as good as if I would have measured) to see if it would clear and it didn't work, it still interferes with the cab. If I would not have been stubborn on not moving the engine forward it could have come about 2-3" forward to the next set of trans bolt hoes and fit perfect. But no I couldn't leave well enough alone and do that! Now I am hunting for a high hump! but at least the engine sits another 3/4" lower than before that's got to be worth something...I will get some new measurements and post the photos.

Thanks. The heads under the truck are a pair of 243's I picked up for the build. Going to keep the 317's in case I decide to boost it later.

I decided to get a pair of cpp (I hate cpp) sheet metal mounts to give me more clearance for exhaust. Should have my transmission back this weekend and hope to get another test fit done.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote