The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #26
CC69Rat

Re: ECE or CPP or LMC??

Hotchkis has a 2/6 drop spring option. Additionally their kit comes with adjustment to go from 5-6" rear drop by adding / removing adjustment plates.

http://www.hotchkis.net/19671972-c10...-26-drop-.html

Just something else to look at, but yes ECE seems to have to best 'All in one' kit including their customer service.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Yes.
That's why I said one of the few.

ECE drop springs are $114.00.
http://www.earlyclassic.com/catalog.aspx

Hotchkis drop springs are $213.95.
http://www.hotchkis.net/6772-c10-rea...l-springs.html
(Maybe they are better,... I don't know)

Let me know how you like them.
I may consider them in the future.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
CC69Rat

I understood one of the few. Just offering up another option.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #29
ttowndave

EEC all the way. lot nicer peps to talk to they will go the extra mile to help you I called at closing time and he stayed and help me with my 400 questions and was nice the whole time and the prices are about the same and the quality is better than cpp we have used the cpp stuff at my job on 4 other trucks and had problems with all 4 jobs and when you call cpp it's all your fault it's never cpp's fault they left parts out on 1 and sent the wrong spindles on 1 did not send the bolt kit on 1 and would not send the bolt kit we hade to buy the bolt kit and when I called they did not want to help so thats my 2cents on that good luck
Posted via Mobile Device
ttowndave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #30
McKenna

Well as much as you fellas can flame I think I'm going with CPP I'll find out tomorrow, I gave Justin at scotts hotrods a call, on a Saturday at 930 pm I might add and we talked for an hour or so, CPP is 300$ cheaper for what I require and then adding the control arms into the picture. Justin was great to deal with and was able to offer me a better deal then what I was originally expecting. I'll be dealing with Justin's customer service
Not that of CPP's so I'm thinking I'll have a lot better luck using him rather then CPP direct.

I'll keep you all posted on what I decide and how everything all works out pretty excited either way it should be a completely different truck when it's finished
Posted via Mobile Device
McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

I don't think anyone will dog you for going with CPP parts. They make a great product at a fair price. Combine that with a dealer who ships out in a timely manner and you have a win/win deal

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #32
Scottshotrods

We will talk in the morning for sure . Sunday at 5:46 pm pacific time.You have a owner of a company talking to you on a forum.I have to say that is service if you ask me .lol

Justin
Posted via Mobile Device
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #33
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
We will talk in the morning for sure . Sunday at 5:46 pm pacific time.You have a owner of a company talking to you on a forum.I have to say that is service if you ask me .lol

Justin
Posted via Mobile Device

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
Chris92

I am going to do a 4/6 or a 5/7 drop. I have a 69 SWB. I like the ECE full kit but I don't want to widen my front stance. Is it best to get the Modular drop spindles from CPP and then the rest of the kit from ECE? Or is there another solution?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #35
68Stepbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris92 View Post
I am going to do a 4/6 or a 5/7 drop. I have a 69 SWB. I like the ECE full kit but I don't want to widen my front stance. Is it best to get the Modular drop spindles from CPP and then the rest of the kit from ECE? Or is there another solution?

Thanks,

Chris
Disc brakes will widen the stance regardless of what you do. I think the CPP modular spindles aren't quite as wide, but still widen the front track width some compared to stock front drums.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #36
Rusbuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenna View Post
Well as much as you fellas can flame I think I'm going with CPP I'll find out tomorrow, I gave Justin at scotts hotrods a call, on a Saturday at 930 pm I might add and we talked for an hour or so, CPP is 300$ cheaper for what I require and then adding the control arms into the picture. Justin was great to deal with and was able to offer me a better deal then what I was originally expecting. I'll be dealing with Justin's customer service
Not that of CPP's so I'm thinking I'll have a lot better luck using him rather then CPP direct.

I'll keep you all posted on what I decide and how everything all works out pretty excited either way it should be a completely different truck when it's finished
Posted via Mobile Device
If you check out my build thread you can see the grand slam kit being installed! A few things you should be thinking about: 1)brake hoses, the ones that come with the kit were for larger brake lines I had to buy reducers so they would work on my truck. 2) have them double check the lower ball joints before they ship them, mine were the right part number but the wrong ball joint sealed in the bag. (guy at cpp said it happens a lot) 3)This kit is a conversion to 73-87 parts and again cpp sent me the wrong tie rod sleeves. Just have them double check everything because it sucks to wait on parts. Hopefully you won't have any problems with scott's hot rods!
Rusbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #37
special-K
Special Order

If you go with CPP,then buy the super trac bar and shock relocators,will the shocks be the right ones? I'm not sure. I've always bought all that together at the same time from the same place. I will say I'd take KYB shocks over any of the others. I'm like that. I have a fear of aftermarket/performance products being made for the moment,not the long haul,to satisfy the itch.I mean,I have seen far too many performance products that don't seem to last,and this is over 40 or more years of car,truck,van,4wd,and motorcycle modifying. It's like they feel a guy isn't hanging on to the vehicle long enough to matter or will change things before the part gives out. It's about the WOW factor. I stay with brands that have been around and specialize in what they do...usually "in house". KYB has been an innovator in shocks for as ling as I've been around this stuff and I know from my experience their shocks keep on keepin' on. They are shocks made by a shock company...themselves

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #38
70jnktrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I think you will find that most people prefer ECE due to quality product and customer service. CPP has awesome products, but service can be hit or miss. LMC has none of the above.

Check our Suspension and Vendor marketplace before you buy. Those guys work hard to earn your business and support our forum.
ECE ........no question!!
70jnktrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #39
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

I have dealt with both companies for parts with zero issues....

CPP is a bigger company that does alot of the stuff in house and offers a little better pricing.

I went with the ECE kit 4.5/6 with a 6 lug disc conversion and booster and it fit with zero issues....high quality

I would say that I like the ECE panhard bar better...Its just beefy and looks awesome and performs great.

I have the CPP front and rear sways and they fit great.

Customer servise I would give a slight edge to ECE

Price advantage is CPP

I think either will work with you on price if you ask and tell them your a member
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #40
bowtie72

I'm in the middle of dropping my LWB 72. I ordered all my parts thru Summit Racing. The parts did not come as a kit but saved me money. The parts were CPP. As far as small parts tie rod ends etc. I would use rock auto. They tell you the brand and their prices are awesome.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #41
Leonkruger7

Hi
I have been on this forum for a while now but not many posts yet. I tried to have some dealings and info from CPP themselves. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE service. The only way to go is with Justin at Scottshotrods if you want PROMPT AND QUALITY advice and service. His prices are better and he is amazing with the initial dealings we have had. Will keep you posted!!
BTW I am in South Africa and have a C10 '69
Leonkruger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #42
HotRod C/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
Dont rule out McGaughys parts .. I did a TON iof research before buying my kit and I am very impressed with the quality. It was also a bit cheaper than ECE and I upgraded to Big Brakes, front and rear. Dollar for Dollar, McGaughys is a contender too.
I am using McGaugaughy's front drop/brake kit from www.timssuspensiononline.com ....real nice quality and customer service was top notch...had my parts in 3 days from time of order!

-1976 SILVERADO
YUBA GOLD/NEUTRAL (2-TONE)

Last edited by HotRod C/10; 08-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.
HotRod C/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #43
Scottshotrods

If you all are looking for the largest selection on c-10 truck parts for suspension upgrades or brake upgrades.Where the parts are somewhat priced good.Cpp is the only way to go.I will say it again we sell alot of there stuff and we can ship it out very fast.

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #44
SierraMtns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Yes.
That's why I said one of the few.

ECE drop springs are $114.00.
http://www.earlyclassic.com/catalog.aspx

Hotchkis drop springs are $213.95.
http://www.hotchkis.net/6772-c10-rea...l-springs.html
(Maybe they are better,... I don't know)

Let me know how you like them.
I may consider them in the future.
I know this post is from a couple years ago but did you try the Hotchkis springs?
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote