The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
Dan in Pasadena

Re: my 55' 2nd series rebuild (suggestions welcome!)

Wow, I hadn't been back to this thread for awhile. For a guy who only had a couple hundred bucks into this truck you've really loosened the purse strings to build her. It's gonna be fun to watch please post lots of pictures.

I'm a little unclear, you're in the military but you are/are not deployed? U only ask cause I'm wondering how soon the installations are getting done and if you'll do them or have a shop do them?
Posted via Mobile Device
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
EODtech55

im currently deployed. the whole deal is the day i flew out i dropped my truck off at my buddies house so he can baby sit it. ill do some research in my spare time and narrow it down to the parts i want then i order them and have them shipped to my buddies house and he either installs small stuff interior and does little things like stripping and painting suspension parts and he gets me quotes on other stuff like install the suspension and wiring harness stuff like that. and for his efforts ill order him parts or kick him some cash or what not.

install is my next big hurtle i gotta find a shop that will weld in the suspension and do the steering linkage for a decent price im hoping to get everything welded in and installed with steering linkage for around $2500
EODtech55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
Dan in Pasadena

Oh I get it. Nice to have something going even though you're gone. Thanks for your service by the way - and stay SAFE!

Do you know that No Limit itself does installations? If you're a paying member here you might ask if anyone in LA/Bakersfield wants to take in your installation for a fee.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
Rude Dude

I would wait til you get home for $2500 you can buy a serious welder, good luck on your deployment stay safe. All I can say is been there done that 22 yrs was enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODtech55 View Post
im currently deployed. the whole deal is the day i flew out i dropped my truck off at my buddies house so he can baby sit it. ill do some research in my spare time and narrow it down to the parts i want then i order them and have them shipped to my buddies house and he either installs small stuff interior and does little things like stripping and painting suspension parts and he gets me quotes on other stuff like install the suspension and wiring harness stuff like that. and for his efforts ill order him parts or kick him some cash or what not.

install is my next big hurtle i gotta find a shop that will weld in the suspension and do the steering linkage for a decent price im hoping to get everything welded in and installed with steering linkage for around $2500
Rude Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
EODtech55

i didnt even think about no limit, they are about an hour and a half away so hed proly have to tow it down there and leave it for a while, but no i havent talked to any members on here about it just local speed shops
Old 05-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #31
andyd00

Yeah no limit can do it. They are good people. And they help ya even more if you are military. They also have a guy in either ohio or iowa (can't remember) that installs for nolimit.
Posted via Mobile Device
andyd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #32
EODtech55

So dorthy went to the fab shop today to get all he new parts and painted

Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
Kim57

Looks good.
Kim
Old 05-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #34
Jbm1956

Any updates on your truck. Looking good
Jbm1956 is offline   Reply With Quote