The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #26
Ryan5O

Re: Check out the $20K+ Stock LWB

This one isnt as pretty, but you could do alot with the money thats left over.
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/2693660893.html
Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #27
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Check out the interior color on the SPID.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #28
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Check out the interior color on the SPID.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's crazy! I don't even see an interior color listed.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #29
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 View Post
That's crazy! I don't even see an interior color listed.
Yeah. Strange, I thought. Especially given the VIN rivets.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #30
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Not pick at it - But a standard Cheyenne package didn't have the wood grain glove box door plackard. Just the wood grain door inserts and I think the dash bezel. And belt moulding usually means just upper trim only. So, white top and ochre bottom. Not sure if the add on's will effect price - just orginally.
But its a near carbon copy of my first truck - ol' those days!

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)

Last edited by D.PASSMORE; 12-01-2011 at 11:06 AM.
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy-B1 View Post
WOW....where I live we part out long wheel base trucks not fix them like that...its amazing how different trends are in different parts of the country ..
Posted via Mobile Device
Well,not everyone is such a fool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
It's a sweet truck, and I'm glad there are cats that would wanna pay show car prices for a truck.

I sure as heck don't wanna.

I'd rather buy a hulk and rod the snot out of it.

Oh yeah... the sob story of poor health is just that. A story... I tend to not buy into that kind of stuff. Anybody can put on an auction that they are in "failing health".

Gary
So,look for another truck. This one is nice and so far selling for $10k less than a show truck price. One thing's for sure,neither you nor I could do a truck like that for less.
People do actually run into bad circumstances that force them to sell the things they love. Personally,I "always" ask "why" someone is selling a vehicle. I ask enough questions to feel out whether it's a story or true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevytruck View Post
That vin tag looks like a replacement....did you see how nice it looked? Can those be restored?
That SPID looks very original to me. The typing would be bold and fresh looking if it was new. I've seen plenty of SPIDs in ugly trucks that look that nice.

This is one truly fine example of the trucks we all love that was restored very nicely. I've seen it more than once in person. Not many people are purists when it comes to adding more than what a truck left the factory with. We see people all the time "enhance" an already nice truck to suit their own taste. Few can resist redoing a wood bed floor without finishing the wood clear of paint. Isn't that why we see members paying big bucks for tach dashes,bucket seats,and tilt columns on the parts board? Not many are replacing original parts that were robbed. I had an original surviving '71 Cheyenne in the same color,but a saddle interior,and I added woodgrain Super parts because they made it look better. I don't see where the truck is claimed to be 100% correct

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-01-2011 at 08:43 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
Leroy-B1

Special-k no need to call names just stating a fact of what happens to long beds where I live and how people in other areas fix them and spend money on trucks that don't make it here....its like fixing a 4 door nova....just doesn't happen here
Posted via Mobile Device
Leroy-B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #33
DT1

I'm wondering about the air cleaner decal. Anyone know if it's like the original?
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #34
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.PASSMORE View Post
Not pick at it - But a standard Cheyenne package didn't have the wood grain glove box door plackard. Just the wood grain door inserts and I think the dash bezel. And belt moulding usually means just upper trim only. So, white top and ochre bottom. Not sure if the add on's will effect price - just orginally.
But its a near carbon copy of my first truck - ol' those days!
Nice catch, I never thought about it but your right. No WG on guages or glovebox on a cheyenne. As far as the molding, a cheyenne came standard with body side molding (lower) so it was not listed on the SPID.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #35
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

This where it gets a little confusing. My original 72 cheyenne K20 - all black has no call out for moulding but has upper belt/lower wood grain. My 71 Custom Deluxe K10 - ochre/white calls out belt molding - just upper and is white top and ochre bottom.

Its those darn spid writers!!!

Old 12-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #36
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
This where it gets a little confusing. My original 72 cheyenne K20 - all black has no call out for moulding but has upper belt/lower wood grain. My 71 Custom Deluxe K10 - ochre/white calls out belt molding - just upper and is white top and ochre bottom.

Its those darn spid writers!!!
Was your 72 k20 a cheyenne or cheyenne super. A super came stanard with top and bottom molding and should not have either listed on spid. A custom deluxe had no standard molding and could be ordered with top only, bottom only, both, or none.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #37
Steve Hafner

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Well,not everyone is such a fool.

So,look for another truck. This one is nice and so far selling for $10k less than a show truck price. One thing's for sure,neither you nor I could do a truck like that for less.
People do actually run into bad circumstances that force them to sell the things they love. Personally,I "always" ask "why" someone is selling a vehicle. I ask enough questions to feel out whether it's a story or true.

That SPID looks very original to me. The typing would be bold and fresh looking if it was new. I've seen plenty of SPIDs in ugly trucks that look that nice.

This is one truly fine example of the trucks we all love that was restored very nicely. I've seen it more than once in person. Not many people are purists when it comes to adding more than what a truck left the factory with. We see people all the time "enhance" an already nice truck to suit their own taste. Few can resist redoing a wood bed floor without finishing the wood clear of paint. Isn't that why we see members paying big bucks for tach dashes,bucket seats,and tilt columns on the parts board? Not many are replacing original parts that were robbed. I had an original surviving '71 Cheyenne in the same color,but a saddle interior,and I added woodgrain Super parts because they made it look better. I don't see where the truck is claimed to be 100% correct
. . . .

X2 - you couldn't build it for $20,000 - I've got more then that in mine and it's not HALF that nice !!!
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #38
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Good post. I ask people the reasons to sell as well. Some will tell you some won't. I also like and respect the fact that people want to restore and drive the trucks as original equipment. I am a hot rodder by choice, and tend to lean towards vehicles that are in rough to decent shape. That way I don't feel as guilty taking a fairly rare optioned vehicle and roddin' the heck out of it whhen it's a rusty hulk.

It's cool to go to car shows and see all original OEM rigs next to hot rods. makes you appreciate whence they came from.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #39
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Mine, it's a standard Cheyenne (still is)/not a super. My observation on the photo is why is it called out on the spid if it was standard trim in the cheyenne package. My standard cheyenne has no call out on spid. Like I wrote, spids options were inputted differently at each production plant. As it appears in the photos, I think its worth every bit of what he asking. Gotta love the "Ochre"!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #40
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s

Quote:
Like I wrote, spids options were inputted differently at each production plant.
And they probably varied even within each plant over time

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #41
sameyrasmea72

I looked through my file of SPID’s, and you are definitely right. Some Cheyenne’s listed belt molding and some didn’t. Technically, a regular Cheyenne did not come standard with belt molding, so you would think it would always be listed. No telling why they did some of the stuff they did when typing the spid.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Hey, maybe they started that trend - you know - like at the chrysler plant!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #43
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 View Post
I looked through my file of SPID’s, and you are definitely right. Some Cheyenne’s listed belt molding and some didn’t. Technically, a regular Cheyenne did not come standard with belt molding, so you would think it would always be listed. No telling why they did some of the stuff they did when typing the spid.
Did you ever find a SPID that did not specify the interior?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #44
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy-B1 View Post
Special-k no need to call names just stating a fact of what happens to long beds where I live and how people in other areas fix them and spend money on trucks that don't make it here....its like fixing a 4 door nova....just doesn't happen here
Posted via Mobile Device
Names come with quotes,sorry,and I don't think what you say is a fact. I doubt you've seen every truck in your area. I am sure there are people everywhere who mess with longbeds...even Weaverville.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-01-2011, 11:31 PM   #45
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
Maybe some 1967's where the base color was fawn, but no 1972's. That's just too wierd.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #46
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I don't know if I've seen that before or not...probably have. But,I've sure seen enough discrepancies on SPIDs that I think nothing of it. If the question was if it's a real SPID or not,all I can say is I'm sure whoever would do such a good job would have the sense to do it proper. I'd also think they'd type it down as a Cheyenne Super while they were at it. If it's just for the sake of discussion,then great topic. We've all seen some odd things appear on the one thing we rely on to verify a trucks authenticity.

Tim